BTT News / Recently Added FeaturesBetterTouchTool 1.20(September, 29, 2015)
BetterTouchTool 1.15(July, 20, 2015)
- Full OSX 10.11 (El Capitan) support.
- Added Corner Click Top Left and Top Right for Force Touch Trackpads
- Tweaked Two Finger Click gesture to not trigger accidentally
- Added "Left Click Red Window Button" and "Left Click Orange Window Button" to the list of "Other" triggers.
- You can now set a repeat delay for the Magic Mouse Pinch In and Pinch Out gestures, this will prevent a shortcut to trigger twice. This can be done in the advanced mouse settings.
- Fixed various bugs.
- Older versions of BetterTouchTool will automatically expire soon, so make sure to update to the latest version.
- BTT Remote: An update with iPhone 6s and basic 3D touch support has already been submitted to Apple and will be available soon
BetterTouchTool 1.13 (July, 19, 2015)
- Sorry another small update because 1.13 and 1.14 contained a bug that caused crashes for users who had set up the same gesture more than once.
BetterTouchTool 1.07 (June, 22, 2015)
- Added a cool new predefined action: "Trigger context-menu item". It allows you to trigger any context menu item available at the current cursor position.
- Fixed an issue with Force Touch trackpads becoming unresponsive after sleep
- Fixed compatibility issues with the El Capitan beta.
- Fixed various little bugs.
- Custom drawing / mouse gestures now trigger their action at the start point (where the dot is).
BetterTouchTool 1.06 (June, 21, 2015) BetterTouchTool 1.0 (May, 27, 2015)
- Fixed an issue that caused some mice to register button presses twice.
- Slightly improved custom drawing / mouse gestures
BetterTouchTool 0.9999 (May, 25, 2015)
- Sorry one more very little update to fix a few issues users encountered with the previous version.
- There is now a BTT subreddit on Reddit: http://bettertouchtool.reddit.com
BetterTouchTool 0.9998 (May, 24, 2015)
- Fixed a few little issues introduced in 0.9998 yesterday.
- BTT Remote for iOS is now available for free with an in-app purchase to unlock all features.
- Initial Force Touch support (still experimental but should be usable)!
- Fixed various crashes and hangs. Also BTT now has a watchdog helper application which restarts BTT if it crashed.
- New trackpad gestures: Two Finger Click, Two Finger Tap & Two Finger Double Tap.
- Force touch: Two Finger Force Click, Three Finger Force Click, Four Finger Force Click, Five Finger Force Click.
- Force Touch: Added Two Finger Click that can distinguish between whether the left or right finger pressed harder.
- Force Touch: Added Two Finger FORCE Click that can distinguish between whether the left or right finger pressed harder.
- Force Touch: Live View now shows current force on supported trackpads
- Force Touch: Choose haptic responses when a gesture has been recognized (via the little gear icon left to the Gesture selection popup button)
- Added new Force Trackpad section to the advanced trackpad settings.BetterTouchTool 0.9995 (February, 10, 2015)
- Sorry, one more update. In some specific system setups BTT did not recognize Gestures anymore. This should be fixed now!BetterTouchTool 0.9994 (February, 8, 2015)
- If you just updated to 0.9993, please update again, it contained a silly bug. Sorry!
- Support for the (soon to be released) BTT Remote update (and it should also fix various connectivity issues with the existing BTT Remote version)
- Support for the app "uBar" while window snapping
- Should disable gesture recognition on internal trackpad while in clamshell mode
- Various bugfixes and little performance improvments
- Added some bluetooth LE proximity actions in the "Other" tab, however they are still very experimental.
- Added unlock screen action (not secure, only use at home)
- Should fix a problem that caused Safari to crash on Yosemite when using pinch gestures in BTT
- BTT can now work with some additional keyboard shortcuts that previously didn't work because they were assigned to system actions.
- More to come soon!BetterTouchTool 0.9985/0.9984(October, 14/13, 2014)
BetterTouchTool 0.9978 (July, 18, 2014)
- Improved support for OS X Yosemite
- Added new predefined action "Open Current Finder Selection With Specific App" and "Empty Trash"
- New gesture options: When clicking the little gear button left to the gesture selection button, you can now configure a gesture to only trigger while the mouse cursor touches the OS X Dock or touches the OS X Menubar.
- If you add the same keyboard shortcut more than once and assign different actions to them, there will now be a popup from which you can choose what to trigger.
- Added window snapping option to leave a little gap above the dock
- Added back predefined action "3F Swipe Left (Page Back)" and "3F Swipe Right (Page Forward)" and "Smart Zoom" in Yosemite. They seem to work again.
- The feedback system should work again
- BetterTouchTool now disables the internal trackpad functionality while in Clamshellmode.
BetterTouchTool 0.9977 (July, 18, 2014)
- Fixes code signing issues on Yosemite
BetterTouchTool 0.9976 (July, 17, 2014)
- Sorry, there was an issue with the last menu that caused some of BTT's menus to appear transparent. Should be fixed.
BetterTouchTool 0.996 (April, 8, 2014)
- Support for the upcoming OS X Yosemite
- Files and scripts can now be saved directly in the BTT database (when using the predefined action "Open Application / File / Apple Script" )
- Fixed a BTT Remote crash
- Extended expiry date to the end of this year. (Why do current BTT versions have an expiry date? I currently don't have a lot of time to work on BTT and it's much easier for me to support only one version. This is why I force all users to be on the same version. I extend the expiry date with every new version.)
BetterTouchTool 0.9951(January 2, 2014)
- As you may have noticed I'm currently not getting much time to work on BetterTouchTool. This is just a very little bugfix update, but I hope I'll have some more time again soon. Please continue reporting bugs / feature requests, even if I currently do not answer any of them.
BetterTouchTool 0.992 Alpha(December 10, 2013)
- Sorry 0.995 wasn't working on OS X lower than Mavericks, should be fixed now.
- Fixed a silly bug that broke BTT on some systems that don't use the Gregorian Calendar
- Added predefined actions "Move Mouse To Position", "Save Current Mouse Position" and "Restore Saved Mouse Position" which allow you to create more complex macros.
- BTT Remote can now put the Mac to sleep. (Previously it did wake again immediately after putting it to sleep via BTT Remote)
BetterTouchTool 0.99 and 0.991(Nov 24, 2013)
- Added two new predefined actions for OS X Mavericks "Move Window One Space/Desktop Left" and ""Move Window One Space/Desktop Right". Those are quite hacky but they work well on my system (Mavericks only).
- Hopefully fixed a bug that regularly crashed BTT when using custom tap sequences
BetterTouchTool 0.989(Nov 18, 2013)
- Fixed a problem with the gesture and action selection menu
- Hopefully scrolling can now be blocked more reliably for gestures like the three or four finger swipes
- Little other fixes
BetterTouchTool 0.9861 (October 26, 2013)
- Should fix a problem with three and four finger clicks triggering multiple times
BetterTouchTool 0.985 (20th October 2013)
- Various changes for better Mavericks compatibility.
- Added CMD-Doubleclick action to open folders in new tabs in Finder (only on Mavericks)
- Three finger swipes should work again on Mavericks while BTT is running
BetterTouchTool 0.981 (9th October 2013)
- Various changes for better Mavericks compatibility.
- Fixed keyboard shortcut recording for japanese users
- Slightly reduced CPU usage for most users
BetterTouchTool 0.98 (18/09/2013)
- Little Mavericks only bugfix that caused BTT to crash in the BTT Remote tab
- BTT should now be ready for OS X Mavericks
- Compatibility with BTT Remote for iOS 7 (the update for BTT Remote will be available via the App Store as soon as iOS 7 is available)
- Various bugfixesBetterTouchTool 0.962 (25/07/2013)
- Hopefully fixed a bug that caused gestures to stop working after a while
- Added predefined action to enale/disable LEAP Motion Controller support (e.g. with a keyboard shortcut)
- Worked on Leap Motion gestures (tap & rotate should work better now)BetterTouchTool 0.96 (24/07/2013) (again, sorry the first version was broken)
BetterTouchTool 0.954 (22/07/2013)
- Sorry for the big amount of updates. I'll slow down a bit now ;-)
- Fixes slow loading of the prefences window
- Fixes various crashes and bugs
- Reduced CPU usage a little bit
- Adds option to disable the LEAP HUD on a per gesture basis
- LEAP gesture recognition should be more reliable now (however my girlfriend thinks I'm crazy because I'm waving my hands around in the air all day long)
- Dropped support for Mac OS X 10.6
- Enabled basic support for the LEAP Motion Controller (however this is very much a work in progress and will definitely improve soon)
- Completely redesigned the gesture and predefined-action selection popup button
- Added "Disable BTT For Current App" to statusbar icon menu
- Switching presets does not need to restart BTT anymore
- Added predefined actions "Switch To Preset", "Start Automator Workflow", "Execute Terminal Command", "Post Distributed Notification", "Show / Hide Cursor" and the function keys f13-f18.
- Added new trigger in the "Other Triggers" section, "Received Distributed Notification"
- Fixed a problem with BTT not being able to record some keyboard shortcuts correctly
- Trigger menubar menu-item can now trigger currently hidden items which only appear when pressing e.g. the option key.
- Completely refactored the window snapping stuff, so if you encounter any issues please let me know.
- Fixed a bug that lead to various crashes
BetterTouchTool (com.hegenberg.bettertouchtool) is a Mac software application that has been discovered and submitted by users of Software.com.
The latest version that our users have reported running on their systems is BetterTouchTool 426. The most popular version of this application used by our users is BetterTouchTool 413.