BTT News / Recently Added FeaturesBetterTouchTool 1.963(December, 6, 2016)
BetterTouchTool 1.96(1)(December, 5, 2016)
- Sorry, one more small update to prevent a bug that could lead to Touch Bar crashes.
- Also improved Tip Taps: Added a slider to the advanced Trackpad preferences that lets you adjust the maximum distance fingers can be apart from each other for them to be still recognized as Tip Taps.
BetterTouchTool 1.93(October, 23, 2016)
- Touch Bar Support. BetterTouchTool now allows you to completely customize the Touch Bar on the new MBP for any app you have installed.
- See the documentation on http://boastr.net/docs/docs/touch_bar.html
- Support for the new MBP's trackpad.
- I'm moving to GitHub for issue/feature/idea/question tracking: github.com/fifafu/BetterTouchTool.
- Various fixes and improvements
- Maybe you need a little Christmas present for a friend? Buy him a BTT license!
BetterTouchTool 1.91(2) (October, 6, 2016)
- Fixed some little Sierra issues regarding keyboard shortcuts
- You can now choose whether a normal mouse button should trigger on mouse-down or on mouse-up (click the little gear icon left to the mouse button selection)
- You can now repeat an action while a mouse button is pressed (click the little gear icon left to the mouse button selection).
- Added option to mirror the Magic Trackpad orientation for upside-down usage. It's in the advanced trackpad options => General
- Added new modifier key predefined actions (e.g shift down, shift up)
- Fixed an issue with the upcoming macOS 10.12.1 where normal mice wouldn't trigger the scroll actions anymore
- Normal mice can now also recognize scroll up/down
- All scroll events for normal mice can now be combined with modifier keys (e.g. to only trigger while holding CMD)
- Added ability to inverse scroll direction for normal mice only, removed ability to inverse scroll direction for touchpads or the Magic Mouse (use System Preferences for that)
BetterTouchTool 1.86(September, 18, 2016)
- Fixed some of the reported Sierra issues regarding keyboard shortcuts
- Added key repeat functionality to keyboard shortcuts (click the little gear icon next to the shortcut recorder field). This allows you to repeat an action in a specific interval while the shortcut keys are pressed.
- Added new predefined action to toggle hide/show a specific application. The predefined action is called "Show/Hide Specific Application"
- You can now specifiy that a shortcut should already trigger on "key-down" (default is on "key-up"). This can also be done by pressing the little gear icon next to the shortcut recorder field.
- Added a few new haptic feedback options that use a better API for generatingForce Touch feedback. You can configure the feedback in the Advanced Settings => Trackpad => Force Touchpad. The defaults may change soon.
- Improved drag to top Mission Control delay (while maximizing windows, it often happened that Mission Control showed up. It now requires more "force" to bring up Mission Control.). This can be disabled in Adanvced Settings =>Window Snapping => "El capitan: Delay Mission Control on top edge".
- Fixed a few issues with the window moving functionality
- Fixed an issue with the "Mission Control & Immediately Show Desktop Preview" action on Sierra
- Fixed an issue with Sierra and the unlock screen action
- Fixed two finger swipe from edge on Magic Trackpad 2
- Added predefined action "Open Active/Selected Folder With Specific App" (this let's you e.g. open the Terminal app at your currently selected folder in Finder.
- Various other improvements.
BetterTouchTool 1.83(August, 12, 2016)
- This update adds compatibility with the new macOS 10.12 Sierra which will be released on tuesday.
- Added a usage view to the preferences window, which lets you visualize your BetterTouchTool usage (this will be improved over time).
- Fixed some issues with the "Paste custom text" action
- Added two thirds window resizing options
- Improved the configurable screenshot predefined action
- Added more options to the custom click predefined action (double-click & triple click)
BetterTouchTool 1.82(July, 13, 2016)
- This is just a very small bugfix update for BetterTouchTool. A bigger update will come later this month.
BetterTouchTool 1.75(June, 2, 2016)
- Basic macOS Sierra beta compatibility (there'll still be smaller issues, please report them!)
- Added "Start Siri" action for macOS Sierra
- Fixed an issue with copying & pasting gestures (thanks @Alessandro for reporting)
- BTT can now move itself to the Application folder if it's not already in it
- Added easier setup dialogue to grant the Accessibility API permissions
- Hopefully fixed an issue with third party keyboards and Key Sequences
- Fixed issue with "Paste Custom Text" action
- Improved the Key Sequence recording screen.
- Fixed various issues with the screenshot actions
- General bugfixes
BetterTouchTool 1.69(April, 30, 2016)
- Added cool new feature: "Key Sequences". Key Sequences allow you to trigger any BetterTouchTool action by typing arbitrary sequences of keys (e.g. CMD+CMD+OPT or H E L L O SHIFT). This feature is completely new and will be improved over time. Like normal keyboard shortcuts Key Sequences can be added in the "Keyboard" tab in BTT.
- Improved the "Paste Custom Text" predefined action (can be combined with Key Sequences to replace typed text with something else).
- Added new Predefined Action "Run Apple Script (enter directly as text)" which includes a nice Apple Script editor and allows you to enter & save the script inside BTT.
- Fixed a bug with the "Send Shortcut To Specific App" action
- Added middle-click option to the window button actions in the "Other" tab.
- Fixed issue where the Siri Remote wouldn't reconnect after the Mac woke from sleep sometimes.
- Various bugfixes
- Changed the documentation system to gitbook, will now spend the weekend to improve http://docs.bettertouchtool.net :-)
BetterTouchTool 1.66b(April, 09, 2016)
- Fixed many potential performance issues.
- Integrated basic screenshot editor & possibility to directly upload screenshots to your imgur.com account (use the predefined screenshot actions). Alternatively upload to your own host via custom terminal command. (Only works on El Capitan)
- Hopefully fixed an issue with unresponsive keyboard shortcuts
- Basic undo/redo support in preferences window (cmd + z / cmd + shift + z )
- You can now drag apps directly to the app list in the BetterTouchTool preferences window
- You can now delete gestures in the preferences window with cmd + backspace, copy gesture with cmd+c, paste gesture with cmd+v
- Fixed an issue where Four and Five Finger Pinches would also trigger Four / Five Finger Swipes.
- Slightly tweaked various Magic Mouse gestures to ignore accidental touches on the edges of the mouse
- I'm currently working on a completely new documentation for BetterTouchTool, it will be available via http://docs.bettertouchtool.com. I hope it will be more or less complete by the end of May!
BetterTouchTool 1.62(March, 15, 2016)
- Added a new, cool, customizable screenshot action (uses the default OS X screencapture command-line tool and is very customizable)
- Fixed issue with app specific snap areas
- CMD+Q can be recorded as shortcut again
- Fixed an issue where window snapping wouldn't work correctly on OS X 10.11.4 in some situations / configurations.
- Fixed crash with window moving functionality (crash was introduced with recent El Capitan update)
- Improved window snapping in some special cases
- Fixed various little bugs & typos
BetterTouchTool 1.55(Feb, 2, 2016)
- Added the Custom Snap Area feature which was previously only available in BetterSnapTool. It allows you to define your own custom snapping areas (and therefore resize windows to any position/size you want). They can be triggered like the normal window snapping feature, but also via gestures and shortcuts. New snap areas can be created by clicking the BetterTouchTool menubar icon and going through the Snap Area menu.
- Added a notes column for keyboard shortcuts
- Added option to recover licenses purchased via Fastspring (in the registration view)
- Prevent BetterTouchTool from quitting when recording cmd+q shortcut
- Fixed various bugs.
BetterTouchTool 1.52(Jan, 22, 2016)
- This version fixes a possible man-in-the-middle security issue with the popular Sparkle auto-updater that is also used in BetterTouchTool (https://sparkle-project.org/). Make sure to also update all your other Mac applications that use Sparkle to the latest version!
For more information see https://vulnsec.com/2016/osx-apps-vulnerabilities/
- Fixed an issue with window snapping when using tap to click/drag on the Magic Mouse
- Added many more Siri Remote tap & click options. In mouse mode you can now right-click when tapping the right edge of the trackpad.
- Fixed various little bugs
- The transition to a paid app is going really well, thanks a lot to all early buyers and to the great BTT community in general!
BetterTouchTool 1.5(Jan, 05, 2016)
- This update completes the switch to the paid model announced ~two weeks ago. After updating BTT will be in trial mode for 45 days and you can decide whether you want to buy it. All other versions will expire in about two weeks.
- Thanks a lot for the incredibly great feedback!!!
BetterTouchTool 1.47(Dec, 13, 2015)
- BTT can now show a HUD overlay with custom text when a gesture is triggered. You can configure it by clicking the little gear icon left to the gesture selection menu
- Added basic scrolling to Siri Remote. Click the remote's trackpad to scroll.
- Added some information about the upcoming switch to a "Pay what you want" model.
- Fixed the custom drawings tab in BTT (for custom mouse gestures). It was broken and didn't display the drawings in the tableview.
- Triggering menubar items or context menu items now allows for wildcards * (for items that have variable names).
- BetterTouchTool custom clicks now work with Jetbrain products
- (hopefully) fixed incompatibility with iOS Simulator app
- Various bugfixes
BetterTouchTool 1.44(Nov, 24, 2015)
- BetterTouchTool now supports the new Apple TV Remote (aka Siri Remote). You can pair it with your Mac via Bluetooth (4.0).
- Support for configuring actions for all Siri Remote buttons
- Support for some basic gestures for the Siri Remote trackpad (single finger swipes & taps)
- Mouse Control Mode for the Siri Remote trackpad, you can move your mouse, tap to click or double-tap to drag.
- As Apple sells the Siri Remote separately from the Apple TV, this is pretty cool, finally a good Mac remote!
- Some general little bugfixes
BetterTouchTool 1.43(Nov, 17, 2015)
- Small bugfix update. E.g. fixes an issue with two finger click gestures on Force Touchpads. There will be a bigger update with various Force Touch improvements in about 1-2 weeks.
- Fixed Touchpad Mode on Magic Mouse.
- Added 6 new trackpad gestures: 3 finger pinch/spread, 4 finger pinch/spread and 5 finger pinch/spread
- Fixed issue that caused actions to trigger multiple times on some systems
- Force touch sensitivities can now be set separately for 1/2/3/4/5 finger clicks(in the advanced trackpad settings)
- Preferences gesture window is now resizable (>=10.10)
- If you want to define different gestures for different trackpad types you can now do this by right-clicking a gesture or by clicking the little gear icon next to the gesture selection.
- Fixed smartzoom action for El Capitan
- Fixed issue with mimicking three finger swipes on El Capitan
- Improved four finger swipes
- Fixed issue with four finger tip taps
- Fixed error console logs
- Fixed various bugs & a performance issue
- I reactivated my blog on http://bettertouchtool.com and will now again regularly post there.
BetterTouchTool (com.hegenberg.bettertouchtool) is a Mac software application that has been discovered and submitted by users of Software.com.
The latest version that our users have reported running on their systems is BetterTouchTool 551. The most popular version of this application used by our users is BetterTouchTool 413.
Operating System: Mac
Minimum OS version: 10.6