BTT News / Recently Added FeaturesBetterTouchTool 1.69(April, 30, 2016)
BetterTouchTool 1.66b(April, 09, 2016)
- Fixed many potential performance issues.
- Integrated basic screenshot editor & possibility to directly upload screenshots to your imgur.com account (use the predefined screenshot actions). Alternatively upload to your own host via custom terminal command. (Only works on El Capitan)
- Hopefully fixed an issue with unresponsive keyboard shortcuts
- Basic undo/redo support in preferences window (cmd + z / cmd + shift + z )
- You can now drag apps directly to the app list in the BetterTouchTool preferences window
- You can now delete gestures in the preferences window with cmd + backspace, copy gesture with cmd+c, paste gesture with cmd+v
- Fixed an issue where Four and Five Finger Pinches would also trigger Four / Five Finger Swipes.
- Slightly tweaked various Magic Mouse gestures to ignore accidental touches on the edges of the mouse
- I'm currently working on a completely new documentation for BetterTouchTool, it will be available via http://docs.bettertouchtool.com. I hope it will be more or less complete by the end of May!
BetterTouchTool 1.62(March, 15, 2016)
- Added a new, cool, customizable screenshot action (uses the default OS X screencapture command-line tool and is very customizable)
- Fixed issue with app specific snap areas
- CMD+Q can be recorded as shortcut again
- Fixed an issue where window snapping wouldn't work correctly on OS X 10.11.4 in some situations / configurations.
- Fixed crash with window moving functionality (crash was introduced with recent El Capitan update)
- Improved window snapping in some special cases
- Fixed various little bugs & typos
BetterTouchTool 1.55(Feb, 2, 2016)
- Added the Custom Snap Area feature which was previously only available in BetterSnapTool. It allows you to define your own custom snapping areas (and therefore resize windows to any position/size you want). They can be triggered like the normal window snapping feature, but also via gestures and shortcuts. New snap areas can be created by clicking the BetterTouchTool menubar icon and going through the Snap Area menu.
- Added a notes column for keyboard shortcuts
- Added option to recover licenses purchased via Fastspring (in the registration view)
- Prevent BetterTouchTool from quitting when recording cmd+q shortcut
- Fixed various bugs.
BetterTouchTool 1.52(Jan, 22, 2016)
- This version fixes a possible man-in-the-middle security issue with the popular Sparkle auto-updater that is also used in BetterTouchTool (https://sparkle-project.org/). Make sure to also update all your other Mac applications that use Sparkle to the latest version!
For more information see https://vulnsec.com/2016/osx-apps-vulnerabilities/
- Fixed an issue with window snapping when using tap to click/drag on the Magic Mouse
- Added many more Siri Remote tap & click options. In mouse mode you can now right-click when tapping the right edge of the trackpad.
- Fixed various little bugs
- The transition to a paid app is going really well, thanks a lot to all early buyers and to the great BTT community in general!
BetterTouchTool 1.5(Jan, 05, 2016)
- This update completes the switch to the paid model announced ~two weeks ago. After updating BTT will be in trial mode for 45 days and you can decide whether you want to buy it. All other versions will expire in about two weeks.
- Thanks a lot for the incredibly great feedback!!!
BetterTouchTool 1.47(Dec, 13, 2015)
- BTT can now show a HUD overlay with custom text when a gesture is triggered. You can configure it by clicking the little gear icon left to the gesture selection menu
- Added basic scrolling to Siri Remote. Click the remote's trackpad to scroll.
- Added some information about the upcoming switch to a "Pay what you want" model.
- Fixed the custom drawings tab in BTT (for custom mouse gestures). It was broken and didn't display the drawings in the tableview.
- Triggering menubar items or context menu items now allows for wildcards * (for items that have variable names).
- BetterTouchTool custom clicks now work with Jetbrain products
- (hopefully) fixed incompatibility with iOS Simulator app
- Various bugfixes
BetterTouchTool 1.44(Nov, 24, 2015)
- BetterTouchTool now supports the new Apple TV Remote (aka Siri Remote). You can pair it with your Mac via Bluetooth (4.0).
- Support for configuring actions for all Siri Remote buttons
- Support for some basic gestures for the Siri Remote trackpad (single finger swipes & taps)
- Mouse Control Mode for the Siri Remote trackpad, you can move your mouse, tap to click or double-tap to drag.
- As Apple sells the Siri Remote separately from the Apple TV, this is pretty cool, finally a good Mac remote!
- Some general little bugfixes
BetterTouchTool 1.43(Nov, 17, 2015)
- Small bugfix update. E.g. fixes an issue with two finger click gestures on Force Touchpads. There will be a bigger update with various Force Touch improvements in about 1-2 weeks.
- Fixed Touchpad Mode on Magic Mouse.
- Added 6 new trackpad gestures: 3 finger pinch/spread, 4 finger pinch/spread and 5 finger pinch/spread
- Fixed issue that caused actions to trigger multiple times on some systems
- Force touch sensitivities can now be set separately for 1/2/3/4/5 finger clicks(in the advanced trackpad settings)
- Preferences gesture window is now resizable (>=10.10)
- If you want to define different gestures for different trackpad types you can now do this by right-clicking a gesture or by clicking the little gear icon next to the gesture selection.
- Fixed smartzoom action for El Capitan
- Fixed issue with mimicking three finger swipes on El Capitan
- Improved four finger swipes
- Fixed issue with four finger tip taps
- Fixed error console logs
- Fixed various bugs & a performance issue
- I reactivated my blog on http://bettertouchtool.com and will now again regularly post there.
BetterTouchTool (com.hegenberg.bettertouchtool) is a Mac software application that has been discovered and submitted by users of Software.com.
The latest version that our users have reported running on their systems is BetterTouchTool 492. The most popular version of this application used by our users is BetterTouchTool 413.
Operating System: Mac
Minimum OS version: 10.6