BetterZip 2 is a powerful archive manager that makes working with archives really easy.
● Extract Only Files You Really Need: If you only need a few files or folders from a larger archive, you don't have to extract the whole thing. Simply drag the files you need from the BetterZip window to any Finder window or the desktop.
● Open Archives Without Extracting: Not only can BetterZip open archives without first extracting them but you can also search for a file using the iTunes-like interface. BetterZip can open and extract archives with the most common formats: ZIP, SIT, TAR, GZip, BZip2, RAR, 7-Zip, CPIO, ARJ, LZH/LHA, JAR, WAR, CAB, ISO, CHM, RPM, DEB, NSIS, BIN, HQX, DD.
● Create Archives: Simply drag files and folders from your hard drives, disks, or network places into your new zip file. You no longer have to copy all the files into a temporary folder first. The supported formats are ZIP, TAR, GZip and BZip2 compressed TAR, 7-ZIP, and RAR (using the external RAR commandline tool). Large archives can also be split.
● Protect Your Data: BetterZip can protect your data with a password and create WinZip® compatible AES-256 encrypted archives. 7-zip and rar archives can also be protected.
● Update Archives: Add new or updated files to existing archives. Remove any file or folder from an archive, or even move files around inside the archive as if it were a normal folder.
● Make Archives Compatible: Strip Mac specific files and resource forks from archives for best compatibility with other operating systems.
New features:You can now change the preview font and switch line wrapping in the preview on/off.
Added Czech and Brazilian Portuguese localizations.
Enhanced the replace file panel when updating multiple files in an archive at the same time.
You can now reorder the list of presets in the preferences with drag & drop.
Display service and default markers in the preset lists.
Added a setting in Preferences > Advanced to control which Growl notifications to issue (only needed for Growl 1.2 users).
Handle incorrectly named tgz and tbz archives more gracefully.
Click on the BetterZip dock icon will once again open a new window, if no windows are open and the "new window" option is set in preferences.
Updated the included 7-zip commandline tool to the latest version (9.20).
The BetterZip services were not translated correctly for some languages.
Fixed a possible crash when setting a new master password for the password manager.
Fixed the misleading error message when trying to extract or save to a read-only folder.
The Favorites sidebar's background had drawing errors when inactive.
Creating a new folder inside a tar archive wouldn't work under certain conditions.
In rare cases parts of multi-part rar archvies were not delete correctly after extraction.
Fixed a possible crash after using the PDF preview on Mac OS X 10.7.4.
Fixed a possible crash when trying to print an archive from the Finder (cmd+o and cmd+p are neighbors on the keyboard).
BetterZip (com.macitbetter.betterzip) is a Mac software application that has been discovered and submitted by users of Software.com.
The latest version that our users have reported running on their systems is BetterZip 923. The most popular version of this application used by our users is BetterZip 874.
Operating System: Mac
Minimum OS version: 10.9
Bundle Information: BetterZip 3.1.2, Copyright (c) 2006-2016 MacItBetter, Robert Rezabek
Copyright: Copyright (c) 2006-2016 MacItBetter, Robert Rezabek