- Create pre-addressed emails with PDF invoices attached via a single button click.
- Invoice quantities of items and have Billable calculate the total.
- Choose dates using a new visual calendar popup.
- Integrate your custom workflow needs via AppleScript.
- Write up verbose service descriptions in the new per-service note field.
- Mark invoices as due on receipt rather than a specific day.
- Experience PDF caching in-between launches, easier service editing and more!
What’s New in 1.2 Screencast
- If you worked for a client under one time-based rate and later changed it, the migration to 1.2 incorrectly updated all the time-based services to the current default rate.
- The data migration from 1.1.2 to 1.2.x now works when you previously had a preference for default invoice due date of zero. We now will carry over that app preference to all per-client preferences as well.
- We now use a nowrap attribute on the default invoice template for the date content columns. Some international formats were wrapping on default data.
- Fixed a bug where when you deleted a service that had an active timer the app icon was not cleaned of the time stamp.
- Fixed a few more migration roadblocks that cause people upgrading form 1.0 to 1.2 (ie: who missed 1.1).
- Fixed a bug where starting a timer on one service while another timer was running was not stopping the previous timer as the dialogue said it would.
- The message field in the edit invoice sheet no longer continuously updates the stored value as you type. Every change caused the PDF cache to be evaluated and cleared which was slow on older machines and is not really something that we need to do.
- Editing the invoice number format by dragging and dropping tokens now works under Leopard.
- Added an item in the Application menu that will allow users to copy an AppleScript file from the bundle into their Application Support folder. Billable will now look to run this AppleScript file before using its built-in AppleScript. By editing this script users can do custom subject lines as well and other cosmetic changes as well as script unsupported Email applications.
- Added an item in the Application menu (in the pattern of the above feature) that will copy the default HTML template file from the bundle into their Application Support folder. Billable will use this template to generate the PDF invoice if present. For more info see the help file.
- Updated the help file article on customizing templates and added a new one on customizing emails.
- Refactored KQueue code to watch the invoice template after it is first copied into the Application Support folder.
- Added small code to kick start background update notification. For some reason the current trunk of SparklePlus isn’t doing so.
Billable (com.clickablebliss.billable) is a Mac software application that has been discovered and submitted by users of Software.com.
The latest version that our users have reported running on their systems is Billable 1.2.4. The most popular version of this application used by our users is Billable 1.0.
Operating System: Mac
Default Install Path: /Users/rogerspry/Desktop/Shrunk Apps/Applications/Billable.app