- Dutch localization added - many thanks to Eric van der Veldt for his work.
- In the event title settings, added Birthyear placeholder to show the birth year of the jubilee.
- Fixed issue which caused middle names not showing properly (e.g. dutch tussenvoegsel - "van", "van der" etc.)
- Fixed issue which caused events added to the Notes field of an Address Book contact to be parsed incorrectly.
Minor bugfixes and improvements.
- French localization added - many thanks to Michel Piquemal for his work.
- Fixed Italian localization: Birthday now appears correctly as Compleanno.
- Generated events start a year earlier now.
- Event List: It is now possible to filter for dates. For instance, entering Dec will show only events happening in december.
- Event List: Fixed a bug which for dates beyond the 26th December would display the wrong year.
Minor bugfixes and improvements.
- Italian localization added - many thanks to Vincenzo Boiano (vinboisoft) for his work.
- Wedding Days: BirthdayScanner X now recognizes more relationships as couples, e.g. husband, wife or the german Lebensgefährte/in.
- Wedding Days: If both partners have different last names, BirthdayScanner X did create a title like Thomas + Nicole Smith + Jones: Wedding Day. This was silly and has been corrected to a more sensible Thomas Smith + Nicole Jones: Wedding Day.
- Remove longish Creation Marks when importing: In versions older than 2.4 BirthdayScanner X created a long Mark into the Notes field of a iCal event. This was ugly and the mark has been reduced to a smaller "created by BirthdayScanner X". (Note that the mark is only there to prevent accidental change of user data.)
- Updated documentation.
This is a major new feature release.
- Spanish Localization added. Many thanks to Raúl Moratalla Guillén for his work.
- Event title window redone and is much more intuitive.
- Anniversary table can be filtered by Address Book Groups.
- Customizable rules: the rules by which BirthdayScanner X recognizes different anniversary types like Wedding Day are customizable now.
- Fully customizable symbols: the symbols for the various occasions (e.g. Birthday, Wedding Day etc) are now fully customizable. Special care has been taken to only choose symbols which can be rendered on iPhone.
- Merged Anniversaries for couples: anniversaries of couples (contacts whose Spouse fields refer to each other) are now automatically merged into one event (e.g. Joe + Susan Smith: Wedding Day).
- Name and Color of new iCal Calendars can now be specified before imports.
- BirthdayScanner X now scans the Notes field of an Address Book contact for anniversaries (e.g. * Birthday: 1978-09-12). This means that the user can put birthdays and anniversaries into the Notes field, which requires less clicks than adding Date fields (this feature was inspired by HappyDays for Palm OS by Jaemok Jeong).
- Anniversary table reloads automatically when the Address Book changes.
- Faster Import: Imports to iCal are now faster on repeat imports.
- Much shorter Creation Mark: the rather ugly Creation Mark in the Notes field - whose purpose is to prevent duplicates when re-importing - is much shorter and less intrusive now.
- BirthdayScanner X now remembers positions of its windows.
- BirthdayScanner X will now ignore default alarms set in iCal.This prevents those annoying alarms at 11:45 PM the day before the birthday.
- Improved stability and speed throughout.
This is a maintenance release adding a fix for Snow Leopard and some minor new features
- Fixed the Snow Leopard double entries bug: importing birthdays on Snow Leopard would generate double entries in iCal if the event title contained the number of years ($years) for this anniversary
- BirthdayScanner distinguishes now between birthdays, wedding days, name days and memorial days (days of death) by examining keywords in the event text.
- shows a cross for memorial days, a star for birthdays etc.
- A new placeholder, "$date", to show the original date of the event in the event title
This is a new feature release with a number of new things and fixes - mostly driven by user requests:
- new UI to aid you in putting birthdays into Address Book: the contact table to leaf through birthdays was rewritten and is now far more feature-rich. One can sort, filter for relatives, mark any number of events with one click etc.
- Now the event texts are completely customizable via templates. The user has complete control about how the event texts look like.
- the event texts can be optimized for the iPhone
- Program has now online help
- When running in non-english languages, terms like "birthday" and "anniversary" are now localized (even if the whole program is not localized yet).
- Closing the main window would leave the application orphaned. Now, closing the main window closes the application.
- The toolbar preferences are now preserved in the user settings
- localization issues (German): make things "Anniversary" show up correctly as "Jahrestag"
- many more small fixes
- Fixed a bug which would cause BirthdayScanner X to crash when importing contacts which were marked as company but had no company name.
- Fixed a bug which caused imported events in rare cases to be off (minus) several days.
- the feature to include the age in the event title is now optional. This preserves the "Series-ness" of the imported events, so the events can be maintained as one continuous event series in iCal.
- the "creation mark" ("created by zencat BirthdayScanner...") is now optional. Note however that this means that BirthdayScanner X won't find and update the generated events in the future. So this is just for people who generate the birthday events once and from then on want to maintain them manually in iCal.
Fixed a bug which caused the BirthdayScanner X to crash when importing into a calendar with existing older events.
- double imports into iCal, "multiplying" birthday events
- broken exported ICS files if the contacts have newlines in the names
- german localization issues
- many more small issues were fixed
- Age now is displayed in the Reminders
- BirthdayScanner now remembers the last settings.
- added spanish translation
This was the last release still compatible with Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger.
BirthdayScannerX (com.zencat.birthdayscannerx) is a Mac software application that has been discovered and submitted by users of Software.com.
The latest version that our users have reported running on their systems is BirthdayScannerX 2.4.3. The most popular version of this application used by our users is BirthdayScannerX 2.0.
Operating System: Mac
Default Install Path: /Applications/BirthdayScannerX.app