Version 1.9 - Home, Full and Sponsored Edition — 19. March, 2013
While it doesn't look like a major update, lots of very hard work have gone into this update!
Version 1.9 should be fully compatible with OS X Mountain Lion and OS X Lion, while still working on Mac OS X Snow Leopard. Please note that version 1.9 is the last release to support Mac OS X Snow Leopard, as it is almost impossible to target 3 OS versions in such a complex product.
- OS X Mountain Lion and OS X Lion compatibility.
- Keyboard shortcuts should work now in all places of the UI.
- Completely rewritten fullscreen output based on new technology. A visible effect is that the mouse cursor can no longer overlay the fullscreen output.
- Fullscreen behavior should be more consistent.
- Changing the document size will now also update fullscreen output if active.
- All previews are displayed in Retina resolution when running on a MacBook Pro with Retina Display.
- The crawl layer (and underlaying Quartz Composer patch) now work on MacBook Pro with Retina Display.
- Avoid tearing of all output views.
- Updated documentation references.
- Movie Playback: Major changes to movie playback should cause a lot less issues with memory getting full.
- Movie sources can now be configured as looped from within BoinxTV. Select a movie source in the source repository and select "Looped" from the source settings action menu.
- Completely new audio engine. While not yet offering any new features, the internal architecture of the audio engine has been completely rewritten for improved performance, less latency and better overall audio quality.
- The Enhancements Settings on the audio output mix can now be adjusted by the user.
- Audio output enhancement setup is now saved to the document.
- Audio artifacts and loss of signal issues should be resolved.
- Incorporated new FastSpring store.
- New iMedia 3 Media Browser that uses far less memory and works with latest versions of media apps.
- Resolved some alpha channel issues on ATI graphic cards when running on OS X Lion 10.7
- Correct previews of filtered sources in source repository.
- Possible deadlock when changing file reference type of movie sources.
- Create export AppleScripts from a template.
- Layer templates can now be exported and are prepared for your own layer development.
- Resolving some issues with multiple GPU support.
- Checking for defect ATI/AMD graphic drivers on some systems on opening a document.
- The Delay setting inside the Device Preferences once again works.
- New artwork for iPad mini and iPhone 5 in the iOS Device Demo layer.
- Audio only layer shows correct preview in the sidebar.
- Document resizing works as expected.
- Sometimes recording would stop all of a sudden when Time Machine was enabled on a machine.
- New option to clear the recent recordings shown in the export panel.
- Resolved some issues where the user could break codesigning of the app, because some files inside the application got revealed in the Finder for editing.
- Various drawing glitches have been fixed.
- Many memory issues have been fixed, resulting in improvements to stability and performance.
- Many more small bug fixes and enhancements.
BoinxTV (com.boinx.boinxtv) is a Mac software application that has been discovered and submitted by users of Software.com.
The latest version that our users have reported running on their systems is BoinxTV 16777. The most popular version of this application used by our users is BoinxTV 17113.
Operating System: Mac
Default Install Path: /Applications/BoinxTV.app
Minimum OS version: 10.6.8