- Fixed regressions in 184.108.40.2065
- Fixed an issue where some addons, such as NotesUNeed, would fail to install
- Fixed another instance that affected certain addons as never being able to stay updated.Another, server side, issue related to this was also discovered and is in process of being fixed.
- As before, there may be other issues that manifest in this manner.
- Fixed bug in addon scanning that could cause an updated mod to appear downgraded.
- Note this may not fix all cases of this particular issue, please report if you're particular case continues.Please include steps to reproduce (to the best of your knowledge).
- Major enhancements to the scanner - Now identifies more addons
- Unmanagable Addons - will now display folders that can't be managed otherwise.
- Ignored Addons - You can now right-click on an installed addon or folder and ignore it.
- Both ignored addons and addons that cannot be managed are able to be hidden from the display via the game prefences
- Fixed bug related to development copies
- Fixed issue where project ticketing would fail in some instances
- Fixed a bug that could cause you to accidently install or update addons when sorting rapidly.
- You may now set package release preferences per project by right clicking on an installed addon.
- Fixed Screen sizing and position saving between sessions
- Fixed potential crash issue when scanning
- Fixed grammar in out of date message
- Updated unsupported game message
A few big ticket items
Warhammer Online Support
- This is experimental, and requires more testing, however in my testing it does work.
Completely Redesigned User Experience
- Faster startup times
- More robust handling of many major systems
- More informative bug submission process
New Preferences Panel
The client now offers more customization and better interface for preferences
- UI for game management vastly improved.
- Lets you customize some behaviors
- Launch Games Feature
- Support for installing beta and alphas
- Multi-select of addons
- Bug submission to specific addons
- Cleaned up the overall user interface.
Warning: This release will upgrade your data files in a way that is not backwards compatible.
- Fixed "Remember Me" not working.This will require you to check it and sign in one last time.
- Fixed multiple crashes that can happen when scanning.
- Tightened security on the ad frame so that popups shouldn't be possible any longer.
- Uses new addon service, note the old service will be discontinued in the next few days.
- New Login System.This should help people who've had a hard time logging in in the past.
- You can now log out.
- Initial Growl integration.
- Premium vs Regular User Changes
- Premium users now receive faster bandwidth
- Update All now requires premium
- Non-Premium users will now see ads in the client.
- Non-Premium users can now only download one addon at a time.
- Removed potential lockup when updating mutliple addons.
- Fixed a crash when starting the client.
- Numerous small fixes and polishes.
- Failed downloads will now retry
- Some addons that would not 'stick' in the list have been fixed.This particular issue was due to some authors uploading UTF8 characters encoded in latin1 files.
- Switching between games and the find addons panel now properly updates the addon description panel
- "Check for Updates" in the menu options now works again
- Moved the data consistency check from being an inline process to happening up front.This should fix things for people who get bugged about that too often.
- Tweaked the automatic scanning so that it won't scan invalid or disabled games.
- Updated the copyright text (yes someone submitted this as an enhancement ;) ).
- A few other tweaks, and increased debug information.
- Fixed issue that resulted in some addons being unrecognized.Could affect some people to the point where they'd see no addons in their listing.
- Fixed crash on startup issue if your cache files became corrupted.
- Fixed UI lockup on find more addons, note the client may request that you resync the addons database.
- Fixed main window UI elements on 10.4.
- Fixed a few crashes that only manifested on 10.4
- Fixed a few crashes on 10.5.
- Fixed issue with certain addon's changelogs not being able to show.
- Improved formatting on the changelog panel's listing
- The searchfield now clears itself when switching between game installs or the find more panel.
- When scanning the client now verifies all permissions on your game and addons directories.If invalid permissions are found it will attempt to fix the permissions on the files.THIS WILL CAUSE OSX TO PROMPT YOU FOR YOUR PASSWORD.The client never sees, nor saves this password.
- Fixed multiple crashes and lockups related to scanning.
- Automatic scanning.On start, every hour thereafter, and whenever a path is set.
- Few bug fixes and code cleanups
- Rewrite of all XML handling resulting in a 90-95% speedup.This will have a noticeable effect on several activities inside of the client.
- curse: protocol and CCIP file support.This allows for installations from the website as well as CCIP files generated by the windows client.Support to write out CCIP files is not yet implemented.
- Peak memory usage decreased by approximately 40%.
- Reduced download size approximately 80%.
- Numerous internal cleanups and fixes.
- Due to internal data changes, game installs may have to be reestablished.This is a one time change, and shouldn't happen again.
- Submitting error reports can now contain debug data that will assist in issue diagnostics.
- Fixed 'file doesn't exist' error on startup.
- Generalized logging improvements.
- Quick fix for phantom installs when viewing an uninstalled addon's changelog.
- Update to webservice settings.
- Fixed issue where some special characters could have prevented a login.
- Stop crash related to insufficient permissions during a scan, you can see a message in the log if this happens.
- Significant enhancements to the game preferences panel: no more manual entering of path, also better feedback about the status of the games.Still more to come however.
- Fixed bug that could prevent you from logging in if you didn't have 'remember me' enabled.
- Fixed bug that would prevent some addons from being uninstalled until after they where manually scanned.
- Will now create the Interface\Addons directory if it doesn't exist.This may help prevent some reported crashes.
- Several back end fixes to help improve stability.
- fixed issue with unicode characters, such as ü or √, in passwords would prevent you from being able to login
- added several paths to game autodetection
- enhanced logging display so that some messages that were being cut off are now visible
- the client will now alert you if it was unable to autodetect a game install
- added paths to the auto detect listing
- The preferences dialog is hopefully now more obvious.This will be replaced in a future update will a browse button.
- fixed tooltips on the toolbar icons
- fixed issue with having multiple games setup that would prevent installations
- fixed bug with double clicking table headers
- the uninstall button is no longer clickable on the find addons panel
- the client is now code signed, this will prevent some annoying popups about keychain access on upgrade, and potentially other long term compatibilities.
- fixed some missing button icons under 10.4
- Now prompts and explains the external addon updating process
- Fixed possible crash bug related to attempting to rate an addon
- Fixed compatibility issues on 10.4, should now run and perform on par with 10.5, a few graphical glitches progress.
- Several small bugfixes and refinements
- Added an update all button, this will queue all addons that need an update and that are not development copies
- Added development copies support, if you have a working copy of a repository checkout (mainly this applies to developers) the client will not delete or update over it.More robust options around this will be in a future update.
- Fixed several small bugs with scanning and identification.
- optimized temporary directory usage on disk, will result in less files being left on the computer.
- Fixed an issue with the release build that resulted in the filesize being two times larger than it should be.
- Reworked large parts of multiple internal systems.There is a chance for regressions due to this, please test & report back!
- Startup is now faster, specifically the time it took for the login screen to appear.
- The scanning process has been enhanced with some caching, subsequent scans should now be much faster.
- The scanning also now matches more addons, know that non exact matches and working copy matches are not yet supported.
- Added a confirmation dialog for uninstallation.
- Beginning of the preferences system now in place, at this points only allows for basic game management. More options coming soon.
- As a result of the new preferences available, you can now have more than one WoW game instance.In the future other games will be supported for completeness.
- New logging system in place, available from within the help menu
- The main window will now reopen when closed if the dock icon is clicked.
- Several misc bug fixes and tweaks.
- Testing new deployment script.
- Will now do a check for updates on startup and not just hourly.
- Description Viewer added
- No longer displays changelog in the details pane
- Client changelogs are now accessible under the help menu
- Project details are now shown, this includes authors, categories, summaries, & links to the website, full description, changelogs and donation
- Buttons have started receiving real images.
- New buttons in the bottom left, report an issue, and discuss the client.
- New feature: Report an Issue
- Allows you to submit issues or ideas for the client
- Will allow you to submit issues for addons as well
- This is now the prefered method of communicating issues with the developer.
- New feature: Discuss the client
- A small forum on curseforge has been created for discussing the client and it's development.
- Everyone is invited to participate, note your same login for the client works on curseforge.
- Large revamp to login that fixes many issues.
- Integration with the Keychain to store your password.
- Register & Forgot Password now take you to curse.com to handle those operations.
- Fixed critical bug with external addons.
- Now supports logins. A valid login is required, more improvements to this screen forthcoming.
- Enhancements to the loading screen.
- Changelog enhancements:
- No longer displays no-lib versions as they're redundant
- Will always display the installed version in the listing in addition to the latest packages.
- Will mark the version currently installed as bold.
- Will display (beta) or (alpha) in the listing next to beta and alpha versions.
- Fixed bug with selection of changelogs on display.
- Reduced the amount of work done to display a changelog.Should result in slightly faster (may be unnoticable) responses.
- Rewrite and changes to many backend systems
- Context menu on listings
- Changelog viewer (available through context menu)
- Uninstalling is now an option
- Improved UI feedback
- Numerous bug fixes relating to installation and queuing
- Moved the categories and game install selection popups into a 'scope bar' as per the apple HIG.
- Making a release to test my changes to my deployment script.
- Added a horizontal split on the right hand pane
- Added a category filter to the toolbar control.It lets you display only from a given category.It is compounded by the search box and is treated as a logical AND.
- You can now find and install new addons in the client.
- Performance speedups during run at the cost of a slightly longer initialization.
- Change to the method used for determining if update is needed.If the version installed is newer than the 'latest' version it is considered up to date.This behavior may be tweaked again in the future.
- Optimization to peak scanning memory.
- Known issue: There are slight pauses when the app first loads and when it shutsdown.I'll be adding a proper user feedback for this in the future.
- Known issue: The ui for find an addon is still pretty rough in many ways.UI polish is one of the major things I see myself doing over the next week or two.
- Known issue: There is no feedback for installing of new addons in the find an addon display.It however will immediately get added to the game install display and be shown there.
- Improved game and project cache
- First internal release that will self update
- Includes basic updating of addons
Curse Client (com.curse.curseclient) is a Mac software application that has been discovered and submitted by users of Software.com.
The latest version that our users have reported running on their systems is Curse Client 220.127.116.115. The most popular version of this application used by our users is Curse Client 2.0.
Operating System: Mac
Bundle Identifier: Curse Client (com.curse.CurseClient)
Copyright: Curse, Inc. 2009-2010