What's new in DEVONthink Personal 2.9.8
This maintenance release adds '.fountain' to the known plain text extensions and allows you to specify whether you want to open Markdown documents in edit or preview mode by default. It also further improves auto-saving, revises the Media preferences pane, and simplifies scanning of multiple pages. Dialogs for choosing file locations switch to valid folders if necessary. The update again addresses more PDF issues related to macOS Sierra and improves the overall reliability.
- '.fountain' added to list of known plain text extensions.
- Option Preferences > Media > Markdown > Edit/Preview documents added.
- Editing of HTML pages saves checkboxes and text fields of forms too.
- Simplified scanning of multiple pages.
- Revised Preferences > Media pane.
- It's possible to drag tagsonto tagging fields, e.g., the Tag bar or the Info panel.
- Windows are now automatically saved five minutes after the last modification instead of every five minutes.
- Less flickering while moving or resizing PDF annotations (macOS Sierra 10.12.2 PB4 and later).
- Better graphics card handling on MacBooks with discrete graphics card.
- Manually checking for updates reports now also versions that should be skipped.
- Command Download Pending Records added to contextual and action menus.
- The dialog to create local sync stores validates the last used folder and switches to a valid folder if necessary.
- Dialogs to create or edit WebDAV sync locations no longer accept URLs containing '.dtCloud'.
- Extended sync store and direct connection data speeds up especially Mac-to-Mac transactions.
- Icon of Import Database button flipped
- Issues related to bugs in PDFKit (macOS Sierra).
- Issues related to scanning.
- Issue where the PDF sidebar did not support reordering and dropping (macOS Sierra).
- Issue where closing modified document windows saved them independently of whether changes should be saved or not.
- Issue where the search engine didn't find all occurrences for proximity operators using wildcards, e.g., 'word1 NEAR word2*'.
- Issue where text in formatted notes created by the Sorter appeared grey.
- Issue where the email preview didn't work anymore since DEVONthink Personal 2.9.7.
- Issue where changing, e.g., label colors wasn't persistent anymore (macOS Sierra).
- Crash related to the Dropbox SDK.
Known issues (macOS Sierra)
- Flickering while resizing or moving PDF annotations, again due to PDFKit bugs.
- Encrypted PDF documents can't be unlocked; guess it: PDFKit bugs.
- Note PDF annotations can't be opened or expanded. No kidding, it's PDFKit.
DEVONthink (com.devon-technologies.think) is a Mac software application that has been discovered and submitted by users of Software.com.
The latest version that our users have reported running on their systems is DEVONthink 2.9.8. The most popular version of this application used by our users is DEVONthink 1.9.16.
Operating System: Mac
Default Install Path: /Applications/DEVONthink.app
Minimum OS version: 10.4
Bundle Information: 1.9.16 (c)2001-2008 DEVONtechnologies.