MacSpeech Dictate 1.5.9 Release Notes
• Registration screen has been updated to allow for opt-in to email offers
• Volume licensing
• Supports GROWL notifications for Recognized Text
• Extended ASCII support
MacSpeech Dictate 1.5.8 Release Notes
• Addressed an audio input issue with the iMacs introduced in October of 2009.
MacSpeech Dictate 1.5.7 Release Notes
• Fixed crashes related to processes that did not correctly report themselves via the Accessibility API, these crashes occurred most commonly during caching activities.
MacSpeech Dictate 1.5.6 Release Notes
• New Dictation Preferences pane that allows the Auto Cache Document feature to be enabled or disabled for TextEdit and Microsoft Word.
MacSpeech Dictate 1.5.5 Release Notes
• Context menu for available command window: Edit, Execute, and Copy Description to Clipboard
• Message to crash emails about the email not going to Technical Support directly
• Font in Available Commands Window to Helvetica Oblique to remedy minimal font installations
• Address Books with more than 900 (approx.) entries will have the Email Commands generation turned off to avoid resource issues
• Selection Commands now show under Status window in the Recognized Text area
• Menu mapping for apps bundled with Snow Leopard updated for the new versions
• Commands with different context from Leopard to Snow Leopard
• Issues with documents crashing while Caching or Closing
• Versioning of Commands sets
• Crash when pasting text into documents that have been cached
• Empty dialog when exporting "nothing" from the Vocabulary Editor
• Some Engine words not displaying properly in Training dialog
• Retain cursor location in document after Cache Document is used
• License key not always copied to proper location after License Key Validation
• Crash when highlighting and moving text in a cached area
• Turned off Spoken Alerts except for VoiceOver users
• Crashing when users edited or navigated with mouse in some situations (not perfected just better)
• Better handling of upper level Excel documents. Working within cells still requires use of Purge Cache while navigating
MacSpeech Dictate 1.5.2 Release Notes
• Versioned commands now appear for newer versions of the same app
Note: This was most notable with the upgrade to Safari 4.
MacSpeech Dictate 1.5.1 Release Notes
• Older licenses are now identified as "Older"
Changed the text in our License dialogs for older licenses to reduce confusion for customers
• UK Locale Format issue
Localized UK user would crash when profile was created.
• Creation of a profile when focus was last in TextEdit caused crash
• Crash after altering some kinds of documents (e.g. Excel)
• Editing words with hyphens causing crash
• Status window and Available Commands window overlap
On first launch the Status window and Available Commands windows would overlap.
MacSpeech Dictate 1.5 Release Notes
● Better, Stronger, Faster speech recognition
● Vocabulary Editor
● New Commands
º Web 100 Commands
º Activate / Launch / Quit / Kill / Exit for applications
º Improved organization of Dictation group commands
● Microsoft Word and TextEdit text control enhancements
● Save Profile menu item
● Dictation target info in Status window
● Revised User Manual
Increased speed and accuracy. Includes a completely new set of vocabulary data for all English dialects. Adds Spelling option to specify UK or US. Adds new profile options for Inland Northern American, Southern American and Latino American accents.
Provides the capability to Add/Delete, Manage, and Train words for a profile's vocabulary.
Customization of word behaviors (e.g. spacing before and after, capitalization within titles, and pronunciation).
•New Dictation Group in the Available Commands window.
Within the Available Commands window, there is now a group called Dictation with subgroups entitled Capitalization Commands, Text and Editing and Movement, Punctuation and Special Symbols.
•Web 100 subgroup with global "Jump To" commands for the top 100 websites.
Added a set of commands for the Top 100 websites based on information found at Alexa.com.
•Extended Application Commands
Added Activate / Launch in addition to Open, as well as Quit/ Kill / Exit to the Application Commands subgroup. Only Activate and Quit are shown but the other terms will function.
•Microsoft Word text control enhancements.
Open a Microsoft Word document and Dictate will automatically run a "Cache Document". The document is then ready for dictation and voice navigation.
•File/Save Profile menu item for those that wish to save before Quit.
Added the ability to save Profile before quitting Dictate.
• Help buttons
Help buttons are now displayed on interfaces for Profiles, Microphone Setup, Voice Training, Vocabulary Training, Vocabulary Editor, Commands window, Preferences.
• Speech Mode button to the Status window
Graphical display of the current speech mode and provides alternative method to switch modes.
• Revised User Manual
The User Manual is updated to simplify the format, and include more step-by-step instructions as well as a longer list of built-in commands.
• MacSpeech Dictate 1.5 profile names now end in .dictateprofile
Profiles previous to Dictate 1.5 ended in .dictationprofile
Dictate (com.macspeech.dictate) is a Mac software application that has been discovered and submitted by users of Software.com. The latest version that our users have reported running on their systems is Dictate 1.5.9. The most popular version of this application used by our users is Dictate 7849.
Default Install Path: /Applications/MacSpeech Dictate.app
Minimum OS version: 10.5.0
Bundle Information: 1.5.9 (7849), Copyright (c) 2010 Nuance Communications, Inc.
Copyright: Copyright (c) 2010 Nuance Communications, Inc.