Version 2.3.4 October 26, 2016 - Build 316
- Extended attributes are stripped from the dmg before code signing so that it does not fail. (Encrypted dmgs needlessly have an xattr added to them by hdiutil causing such a failure.)
Version 2.3.3 October 7, 2016 - Build 314
- DMG Canvas now checks for case-insensitive file name conflicts, points out which specific files are conflicting, and advises for them to be renamed to resolve the conflict.
- Invisible files in the mounted disk image (.background, .Trashes, .DS_Store, etc) are now moved out of view so they do not visibily overlap other files when the end-user has the hidden Finder preference turned on which displays invisible files.
Version 2.3.2 September 26, 2016 - Build 311
- Fixes a very rare issue where an alias might have been created with an incorrect path in the built disk image.
Version 2.3.1 July 27, 2016 - Build 306
- Adds current command line tool path to the tool window.
- Adds a note if the code signing step fails due to likely Keychain item access failure.
- Fixes a rare crash when working with text objects in the background view.
- Fixes some issues with registration.
Version 2.3 July 23, 2016 - Build 304
- DMG Canvas can now code sign disk images using a Developer ID certificate, both in the GUI app and the command line tool. Code signing disk images is necessary for some applications shipped inside of disk images when mounted on macOS Sierra (10.12), to avoid randomized path relocation. See Apple's documentation for more information.
- Added -setTextString option to the dmgcanvas tool for customizing background text object strings via the command line.
- Improved support for guidelines and grid snapping in both the "Contents" (files) and "Background" (text objects and images) views.
- Added an "Add Image" button to the toolbar in the "Background" view for another easy way to add images.
- It's now possible to paste an image from the clipboard into the "Background" view.
- One can now option-click and drag to duplicate a text or image object in the "Background" view.
- If an error occurs when building a disk image in the GUI app, there is now a full build log (just like with the command line tool) displayed.
- Added a built-in crash reporter which will send crash logs back to Araelium, just in case.
- Added a helpful hint when the "Show Sidebar" option is turn on, that it's basically ignored by Finder now and is recommended to never be turned on.
- Removed the Internet-Enabled option since it has been ignored by Finder for several versions now.
- Added a style inspector bar in the License view for doing text styling in licenses. Please note that not all style options are supported by disk images. Click on the help button next to the text view for more information.
- Misc improvements.
DMG Canvas (com.araelium.dmgcanvas) is a Mac software application that has been discovered and submitted by users of Software.com.
The latest version that our users have reported running on their systems is DMG Canvas 315. The most popular version of this application used by our users is DMG Canvas 125.
Operating System: Mac
Default Install Path: /Applications/DMG Canvas.app
Minimum OS version: 10.6