Drive Genius 4.2.2
July 19, 2016
- Fixed a missing Defrag fragmentation overview graph on some systems.
- Fixed "Windows/Camera Card" drive initialization failure on 10.11.x.
- Fixed some incompatibilities with the 10.12 developer build.
Drive Genius 4.2.1
January 19, 2016
- Fixed an issue where selecting a history item would fail to load the corresponding utility.
- Fixed a stability issue when ejecting a disk.
- Fixed a Repartition stability issue when attempting to resize a volume that did not have enough free space.
- Fixed Repartition not opening on 10.8 and 10.9.
Drive Genius 4.2
October 21, 2015
- The Repartition utility has returned.
- Support for OS X 10.11 El Capitan.
- Fixed copying superfluous data during BootWell creation when using OS X server.
- Fixed copying superfluous data during BootWell creation when Aperture, Final Cut Studio, or certain 3rd party applications are installed.
- Fixed a potential spurious warning on launch about editing system files.
- Fixed a stability issue when attempting to sort Defrag file results.
- Fixed a potential DrivePulse stability issue on 10.11.
- Worked around a Physical Check conflict with Fusion/File Vault drives that could result in the check being immediately and silently canceled.
Drive Genius 4.1.1
May 26, 2015
- Fixed a potential stability issue when opening the Defrag utility.
- Fixed a launch hang on 10.8.x.
- Fixed Find Large Files utility not opening on pre-10.10 systems.
- Fixed DrivePulse UI displaying in French on 10.8.x English systems.
- Fixed possible registration interruption by DrivePulse alert.
Drive Genius 4.1
May 12, 2015
- The Initialize utility has returned; with enhancements such as the ability to select the format type.
- Cloning a drive to a single volume of a multi-volume drive is now supported.
- New option to disable DrivePulse preference files corruption check.
- DrivePulse no longer displays critical Free Space alerts while the computer is idle.
- Fixed Active Files and IconGenius being disabled for Drobos.
Drive Genius 4.0.2.SR1
March 17, 2015
- Fixed a potential install error.
- Fixed a potential stability issue in a Drive Genius background utility.
Drive Genius 4.0.2
March 10, 2015
- DrivePulse will now offer to remove corrupt preference files that are hidden and cannot be shown in the Finder.
- Fixed Physical Check and other utilities being disabled for AppleRAID or SoftRAID drives.
- Fixed a potential issue with DrivePulse running multiple tests on the same drive.
- Fixed a potential issue that could result in an empty System Overview icon.
- Fixed a UI drawing issue when opening a file/folder.
- Fixed a potential stability issue when attempting to send an event notification email.
- Fixed a serious stability issue on 10.8.x by working around an OS X library crash.
Drive Genius 4.0.1
January 27, 2015
- Fixed a potential spurious DrivePulse free space warning.
- Fixed a potential issue where a drive name would be doubled in the drive list.
- Fixed BootWell errors not being shown.
- Fixed a stability issue when canceling Instant Pulse.
- Fixed a stability issue when a Drive Genius support folder is read-only.
- Fixed a potential stability issue when creating a BootWell drive.
- Fixed a few stability issues with Drive Genius background utilities.
- Worked around a rare OS X stability issue.
Drive Genius 4.0
December 10th, 2014
- Enhanced and simplified interface that allows for running utilities on multiple drives simultaneously, and queuing multiple utility runs on a single drive.
- Full support for Fusion and FileVault 2 drives.
- Full support for Retina displays.
- Using BootWell™ technology, Drive Genius can create small recovery drives from your existing OS X startup drive. Recovery drives can be used as emergency startup drives and are needed to perform certain operations on the main startup drive.
- Clone can copy the startup drive (any in-use drive in fact) without the need to restart, and can copy from a larger drive to a smaller drive.
- New Instant DrivePulse™ utility that runs DrivePulse™ tests for the most common set of drive problems and presents a pass/fail status.
- New Icon Genius utility to set a custom icon for drives and folders from any of several hundred custom-designed icons.
- New Active Files utility to show the files/folders on a drive that are in use by applications.
- Enhanced RAID support, including support for SoftRAID.
- Faster detection of hardware issues in Physical Check and Clone.
- DrivePulse uses a new heuristic engine based on history error sampling to notify you of drives that may need replacement before they actually stop working.
- DrivePulse monitors the system for changes to items that automatically open during login and notifies you when a change occurs. This is a common avenue for malware to insert itself into the system.
- In conjunction with login item monitoring, DrivePulse monitors the System malware database for updates.
- DrivePulse monitors drives for low free space and notifies you when free space is running low.
- DrivePulse prevents drives from sleeping while your computer is in use. This prevents applications from hanging while waiting for a sleeping disk to wake. When you leave your computer, drives are allowed to sleep normally.
- DrivePulse events can be copied from the viewer to the system clipboard for importing into another application.
- Enhanced for OS X Yosemite.
- Drive Genius and DrivePulse integrate with Notification Center in 10.8 and later.
- Drive Genius and DrivePulse ignore the following media: read-only disk images from local storage, all disk images from network storage, optical media, RAM disks, and iPods.
- Verify Preferences now ignores specific files that are known to not contain preference data; even though they claim to be preference files.
Drive Genius 3 (com.prosofteng.drivegenius2) is a Mac software application that has been discovered and submitted by users of Software.com.
The latest version that our users have reported running on their systems is Drive Genius 3 4160.97.18. The most popular version of this application used by our users is Drive Genius 3 4161.87.19.
Operating System: Mac
Bundle Identifier: Drive Genius 2 (com.prosofteng.DriveGenius2)
Minimum OS version: 10.4.9
Bundle Information: 2.0.3, Copyright 2004-2008 Prosoft Engineering, Inc.