dupeGuru Release Notes
- Fix systematic crash in Picture Mode under MacOs Sierra. #394
- No change for Linux. Just keeping version in sync.
- Add Greek localization, by Gabriel Koutilellis. #382
- Fix localization base path. [qt] #378
- Fix broken load results dialog. [qt]
- Fix crash on load results. [cocoa] #380
- Save preferences more predictably. [qt] #379
- Fix picture mode's fuzzy block scanner threshold. #387
- Merge Standard, Music and Picture editions in the same application!
- Improve documentation. #294
- Add Polish, Korean, Spanish and Dutch localizations.
- qt: Fix wrong use_regexp option propagation to core. #295
- qt: Fix progress window mistakenly showing up on startup. #357
- Bump Python requirement to v3.4.
- Bump OS X requirement to 10.8
- Drop Windows support, maybe temporarily.Details
- cocoa: Drop iPhoto, Aperture and iTunes support. Was unmaintained and obsolete.
- Drop "Audio Contents" scan type. Was confusing and seldom useful.
- Change license to GPLv3
- Fixed AttributeError: 'ComboboxModel' object has no attribute 'reset'. [Linux, Windows] #254
- Fixed PermissionError on saving results. #266
- Fixed a build problem introduced by Sphinx 1.2.3.
- Updated German localisation, by Frank Weber.
- This is mostly a dependencies upgrade.
- Upgraded to Python 3.3.
- Upgraded to Qt 5.
- Minimum Windows version is now Windows 7 64bit.
- Minimum Ubuntu version is now 14.04.
- Minimum OS X version is now 10.7 (Lion).
- ... But with a couple of little improvements.
- Improved documentation.
- Overwrite subfolders' state when setting states in folder dialog #248
- The error report dialog now brings the user to Github issues.
- Disable symlink/hardlink deletion option when not relevant. #247
- Make Cmd+A select all folders in the Folder Selection dialog. [Mac] #228
- Make non-numeric delta comparison case insensitive. #239
- Fix surrogate-related UnicodeEncodeError on CSV export. #210
- Fixed crash on Dupe Count sorting with Delta + Dupes Only. #238
- Improved documentation.
- Important internal refactorings.
- Dropped Ubuntu 12.04 and 12.10 support.
- Removed the fairware dialog (More Info).
- Fixed folder scan type, which was broken in v3.7.0.
- Improved delta values to support non-numerical values. #213
- Improved the Re-Prioritize dialog's UI. #224
- Added hardlink/symlink support on Windows Vista+. #220
- Dropped 32bit support on Mac OS X.
- Added Vietnamese localization by Phan Anh.
- Improved "Make Selection Reference" to make it clearer. #222
- Improved "Open Selected" to allow opening more than one file at once. #142
- Fixed a few typos here and there. (#216 #225)
- Tweaked the fairware dialog (More Info).
- Added Arch Linux packaging
- Added a 64-bit build for Windows.
- Improved Russian localization by Kyrill Detinov.
- Improved Brazilian localization by Victor Figueiredo.
- Added "Export to CSV". #189
- Added "Replace with symlinks" to complement "Replace with hardlinks". [Mac, Linux] #194
- dupeGuru now tells how many duplicates were affected after each re-prioritization operation. #204
- Added Longest/Shortest filename criteria in the re-prioritize dialog. #198
- Fixed result table cells which mistakenly became writable in v3.5.0. [Mac] #203
- Fixed "Rename Selected" which was broken since v3.5.0. [Mac] #202
- Fixed a bug where "Reset to Defaults" in the Columns menu wouldn't refresh menu items' marked state.
- Added Brazilian localization by Victor Figueiredo.
- Added a Deletion Options panel.
- Greatly improved memory usage for big scans.
- Added a keybinding for the filter field. #182 [Mac]
- Upgraded minimum requirements for Ubuntu to 12.04.
- Fixed the "Folders" scan type. [Mac]
- Fixed localization issues. [Windows, Linux]
- Improved results window UI. [Windows, Linux]
- Added a dialog to edit the Ignore List.
- Added the ability to sort results by "marked" status.
- Fixed "Open with default application". #190
- Fixed a bug where there would be a false reporting of discarded matches. #195
- Fixed various localization glitches.
- Fixed hard crashes on crash reporting. #196
- Fixed bug where the details panel would show up at inconvenient places in the screen. [Windows, Linux]
- Fixed crash on adding some folders. [Mac OS X]
- Added Ukrainian localization by Yuri Petrashko.
- Fixed random hard crashes (yeah, again). [Mac OS X]
- Fixed crash on Export to HTML. [Windows, Linux]
- Added Armenian localization by Hrant Ohanyan.
- Added Russian localization by Igor Pavlov.
- Fixed a couple of nasty crashes.
- Added multiple-selection in folder selection dialog for a more efficient folder removal. #179
- Fixed a crash in the prioritize dialog. #178
- Fixed a bug where mass marking with a filter would mark more than filtered duplicates. #181
- Fixed random hard crashes. [Mac OS X] (#183 #184)
- Added Czech localization by Aleš Nehyba.
- Added Italian localization by Paolo Rossi.
- Fixed a couple of broken action bindings from v3.2.0.
- Added duplicate re-prioritization dialog. #138
- Added font size preference for duplicate table. #82
- Added Quicklook support. [Mac OS X] #21
- Improved behavior of Mark Selected. #139
- Improved filename sorting. #169
- Added Chinese (Simplified) localization by Eric Dee.
- Tweaked the fairware system.
- Upgraded minimum requirements to OS X 10.6 and Ubuntu 11.04.
- Fixed a bug preventing the Folders scan from working. #172
- Added German localization by Gregor Tätzner.
- Improved OS X Lion compatibility. [Mac OS X]
- Made the file collection phase cancellable. #168
- Fixed glitch in folder window upon selecting a folder state. [Windows, Linux] #165
- Fixed a text coloring glitch in the results. #156
- Fixed glitch in the sorting feature of the Folder column. #161
- Make sure that saved results have the ".dupeguru" extension. [Linux] #157
- Added the "Folders" scan type. #89
- Fixed a couple of crashes. (#140 #149)
- Fixed crash after removing marked dupes. #140
- Fixed crash on error handling. [Windows] #144
- Fixed crash on copy/move. [Windows] #148
- Fixed crash when launching dupeGuru from a very long folder name. [Mac OS X] #119
- Fixed a refresh bug in directory panel. #153
- Improved reliability of the "Send to Trash" operation. [Linux]
- Tweaked Fairware reminders.
- Restored the context menu which had been broken in 3.0.0. [Mac OS X] #133
- Fixed a bug where an "unsaved results" warning would be issued on quit even with empty results. #134
- Removed focus from the cancel button in the progress dialog to avoid accidental cancellations. [Mac OS X] #135
- Folders added through drag and drop are added to the recent folders list. #136
- Added a debugging mode. #132
- Fixed french localization glitches.
- Re-designed the UI. #129
- Internationalized dupeGuru and localized it to french. #32
- Changed the format of the help file. #130
- Fixed bug causing results to be corrupted after a scan cancellation. #120
- Fixed crash when fetching Fairware unpaid hours. #121
- Fixed crash when replacing files with hardlinks. #122
- Fixed delta column colors which were broken since 2.12.0.
- Fixed column sorting crash. #108
- Fixed occasional crash during scan. #106
- Re-licensed dupeGuru to BSD and made it Fairware.
- Improved UI with a little revamp.
- Added the possibility to place hardlinks to references after having deleted duplicates. [Mac OS X, Linux] #91
- Added an option to ignore duplicates hardlinking to the same file. [Mac OS X, Linux] #92
- Added multiple selection in the "Add Directory" dialog. [Mac OS X] #105
- Fixed a bug preventing drag & drop from working in the Directories panel. [Windows, Linux]
- Fixed HTML exporting which was broken in 2.11.0.
- Added the ability to save results (and reload them) at arbitrary locations.
- Improved the way reference files in dupe groups are chosen. #15
- Remember size/position of all windows between launches. #102
- Fixed a bug sometimes preventing dupeGuru from reloading previous results.
- Fixed a bug sometimes causing the progress dialog to be stuck there. [Mac OS X] #103
- Removed the Creation Date column, which wasn't displaying the correct value anyway. #101
- Fixed a couple of crashes. (#95, #97, #100)
- Improved error messages when files can't be sent to trash, moved or copied.
- Added a custom command invocation action. #12
- Filters are now applied on whole paths. #4
- dupeGuru is now 64-bit on Mac OS X!
- Fixed a crash upon quitting when support folder is not present. #83
- Fixed a crash during sorting. #85
- Fixed selection glitches, especially while renaming. #93
- Improved memory usage for Contents scans. #75
- Improved scanning speed when ref directories are involved. #77
- Show a message dialog at the end of the scan if no duplicates are found. #81
- Fixed a bug sometimes causing the small files threshold pref to be ignored. [Mac OS X] #75
- Significantly improved speed and memory usage of big contents-based scans.
- Added drag & drop support in the Directories panel. #9
- Fixed a bug causing dupeGuru to be confused if a scanned file was moved during the scan. #72
- Dropped support for Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
- Improved directory selection in the Directories panel (Windows). #56
- Fixed a bug preventing dupeGuru from starting on certain machines (Windows). #68
- Fixed a crash during very big scans. #70
- Fixed crash with filtering when regular expressions were enabled. #60
- Fixed crash when setting directories' state. (Mac OS X) #66
- Fixed crash with Make Reference when certain filters are applied. (Mac OS X) #55
- Improved error handling during delete/move/copy actions. (#62 #65)
- Added support for all kinds of bundle (not just applications) (Mac OS X) #11
- Re-introduced the Export to XHTML feature to Windows. #14
- Improved Export to XHTML speed. #14
- Improved Contents scanning speed for large files. #33
- Improved the grouping algorithm to reduce the number of discarded files in non-exact scans. #51
- Stopped showing the same file on the 2 sides of the details panel when a ref file is selected. #50
- Fixed crashes in the Directories panel. #46
- Fixed bugs with selection being jumpy during "Make Reference" actions and Power Markerswitches. #3
- Fixed crash happening when a file with non-roman characters couldn't be analyzed. #30
- Fixed crash sometimes happening during the file collection phase in scanning. #38
- Restored double-click and right-click behavior lost in the PyQt move (Windows). (#34 #35)
- Fixed an occasional crash on Copy/Move operations. #16
- Added automatic exclusion for sensible folders (like system folders). #20
- Fixed an occasional crash when application files were part of the results (Mac OS X). #25
- Fixed a bug causing crashes when having application files in the results.
- Fixed a bug causing a GUI freeze at the beginning of a scan with a lot of files.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused a crash when an action was cancelled, and then started again.
- Converted the Windows GUI to Qt.
- Improved the reliability of the scanning process.
- Fixed an occasional crash caused by permission issues.
- Fixed a bug where the "X discarded" notice would show a too large number of discardedduplicates.
- Added a small file threshold preference.
- Added a notice in the status bar when matches were discarded during the scan.
- Improved duplicate prioritization (smartly chooses which file you will keep).
- Improved scan progress feedback.
- Improved responsiveness of the user interface for certain actions.
- Improved the speed of results loading and saving.
- Fixed a crash sometimes occurring during duplicate deletion.
- Improved unicode handling for filenames. dupeGuru will now find a lot more duplicates if your files have non-ascii characters in it.
- Fixed "Clear Ignore List" crash in Windows.
- Improved the handling of low memory situations.
- Improved the directory panel. The "Remove" button changes to "Put Back" when an excluded directory is selected.
- Improved scan, delete and move speed in situations where there were a lot of duplicates.
- Fixed occasional crashes when moving bundles (such as .app files).
- Fixed occasional crashes when moving a lot of files at once.
- Added the "Remove empty folders" option.
- Fixed results load/save issues.
- Fixed occasional status bar inaccuracies when the results are filtered.
- Added post scan filtering.
- Fixed issues with the rename feature under Windows
- Fixed some user interface annoyances under Windows
- Improved UI responsiveness (using threads) under Mac OS X.
- Improved result load/save speed and memory usage.
- Fixed a "bad file descriptor" error occasionally popping up.
- Fixed a bug with non-latin directory names.
- Added Re-orderable columns. In fact, I re-added the feature which was lost in the C# conversion in 2.4.0 (Windows).
- Changed the behavior of the scanning engine when setting the hardness to 100. It will now only match files that have their words in the same order.
- Fixed a bug with all the Delete/Move/Copy actions with certain kinds of files.
- Fixed a bug with the Move action.
- Fixed a "ghosting" bug. Dupes deleted by dupeGuru would sometimes come back in subsequent scans (Windows).
- Fixed bugs sometimes making dupeGuru crash when marking a dupe (Windows).
- Fixed some minor visual glitches (Windows).
- Fixed a mishandling of ".app" files (OS X).
- Fixed a bug preventing files from "reference" directories to be displayed in blue in the results (Windows).
- Fixed a bug preventing some files to be sent to the recycle bin (Windows).
- Fixed a bug in the packaging preventing certain Windows configurations to start dupeGuru at all.
- Fixed a bug with directory states.
- Fixed a bug causing the ignore list not to be saved.
- Fixed a bug sometimes making delete and move operations stall.
- Changed the Windows interface. It is now .NET based.
- Added an auto-update feature to the windows version.
- Changed the way power marking works. It is now a mode instead of a separate window.
- Changed the "Size (MB)" column for a "Size (KB)" column. The values are now "ceiled" instead of rounded. Therefore, a size "0" is now really 0 bytes, not just a value too small to be rounded up. It is also the case for delta values.
- Removed the min word length/count options. These came from Mp3 Filter, and just aren't used anymore. Word weighting does pretty much the same job.
- Improved speed and memory usage of the scanning engine, again. Does it mean there was a lot of improvements to be made? Nah...
- Improved speed and memory usage of the scanning engine, especially when the scan results in a lot of duplicates.
- Now I wonder if Sparkle is going to work well...
- Added an auto-update feature in the Mac OS X version (with Sparkle).
- Fixed a bug preventing some duplicate reports to be created correctly under Windows.
- Fixed a bug preventing some duplicates to be found, especially when scanning lots of files.
- Added XHTML export feature.
- Added sticky columns.
- Fixed an issue with file caching between scans.
- Fixed an issue preventing some duplicates from being deleted/moved/copied.
- Fixed an issue with ignore list and unicode.
- Fixed an issue with file attribute fetching sometimes causing dupeGuru to crash.
- Fixed an issue in the directories panel under Windows.
- Fixed an issue in the duplicate seeking engine preventing some duplicates to be found.
- Improved unicode support.
- Improved the "Reveal in Finder" ("Open Containing Folder" in Windows) feature so it selects the file in the folder it opens.
- Improved the ignore list system.
- dupeGuru is now a Universal application on Mac OS X.
- Improved application (.app) dupe detection on Mac OS X.
- Fixed an issue that occasionally made dupeGuru crash on startup.
- Fixed an issue with Move and Copy features.
- Improved duplicate scanning speed.
- Added a warning that a file couldn't be renamed if a file with the same name already exists.
- Added "Rename Selected" feature.
- Fixed some minor issues with "Reload Last Results" feature.
- Fixed ignore list issues.
- Fixed occasional progress bar woes under Windows.
- Fixed a bug in the registration system under Windows.
- Nothing has been changed in the Mac OS X version, but I want to keep version in sync.
- Added destination path re-creation options.
- Added an ignore list.
- Changed the main icon.
- Improved dramatically the delta values feature.
- Added the "Match similar words" option.
- Fixed Power marking issues under Mac.
- Added the "Display delta values" option.
- Improved Power marking sorting speed under Mac.
- Fixed Power marking sorting issues.
- Added the Power Marker feature.
- Fixed a column sorting bug. The results would sometimes lose their sort order.
- Fixed a bug with the Make Reference feature. The results sometimes wasn't correctly refreshed after the reference switch.
- Fixed an issue occasionally occurring when trying to reload results from removable media that is no longer present.
- Complete rewrite.
- Now runs on Mac OS X.
dupeGuru (com.hardcoded_software.dupeguru) is a Mac software application that has been discovered and submitted by users of Software.com.
The latest version that our users have reported running on their systems is dupeGuru 4.0.2. The most popular version of this application used by our users is dupeGuru 3.0.0.
Operating System: Mac
Copyright: (c) Hardcoded Software, 2010