See if you qualify for free upgrade:
- FREE - if you purchased Elmedia Player PRO starting from August 31 or you own Lifetime Upgrades Guarantee.
- 50% OFF - if you own Elmedia Player PRO 5.x or earlier.
- Feel free to email us to claim your free or discounted upgrade.
Key highlights of this release include:Playback:
- Added: enable hardware acceleration to improve the quality of video files playback (Preferences → Video)
- Added: specify preferred subtitle language for media with multiple subtitle streams (Preferences → Subtitles)
- Added: open a DVD disk or a video copied from DVD without conversion (File –> Open VIDEO_TS)
- Added: assign your Mac monitor to display full screen videos (Preferences → Video)
- Added: set automatic loading of external audios: all tracks with movie name, same name as movie or all tracks in directory (Preferences → Audio)
- Added: specify preferred language for media with multiple audio streams (Preferences → Audio)
- Added: set default sound device (speakers or headphones) - PRO feature
- Added: several new audio options (PRO):
- set number of playback channels for stereo equipment
- enable passthrough for hardware decoders: AC-3 or DTS for surround audio
- enable virtual surround for headphones to combine multiple channels into two for surround audio
- enable virtual speakers for headphones to improve headphone listening experience
- Added: now predefined subtitles formatting and style of .ass files can be ignored so that Elmedia style could be applied to subtitles (Preferences → Subtitles)
- Added: new Aspect Ration value - 16:10
- Added: open videos from vimeo.com and dailymotion.com in Elmedia (File → Open Online Video)
- Improved: subtitles downloaded together with YouTube videos are now saved in .srt format - PRO version
- Improved: auto-detection and correct naming of video files when browsing via Elmedia
- Fixed: wrong detection of embedded YouTube videos when browsing via Elmedia
- Added: show playlist in a separate window
- Added: captured screenshots can now be saved either in TIFF, PNG or GIF (Preferences → Capture)
- Added: choose to save captured screenshots either to the same folder where the movie is placed or to set other directory (Preferences → Capture)
- Added: new repeat option - stop after current playlist item (playlist button or Movie → Repeat)
- Improved: browsing history is now available when holding down back or forward button
- Improved: subtitles and audio stream selections are now preserved for the currently playing file
- Improved: the number of active downloads is limited to 5 to avoid low download speed and high traffic load
Elmedia Player (com.eltima.elmediaplayer) is a Mac software application that has been discovered and submitted by users of Software.com.
The latest version that our users have reported running on their systems is Elmedia Player 710. The most popular version of this application used by our users is Elmedia Player 371.