HandBrake is an open-source, GPL-licensed, multiplatform, multithreaded video transcoder, available for MacOS X, Linux and Windows.
HandBrake is a video transcoder that takes your movies and transfers them to a format that's useful on your computers, media centers, and portable electronic devices. It converts most any video formats to a handful of modern ones.
This patch release contains bug fixes for issues affecting previous releases, and includes all new features and improvements available in HandBrake 1.0.0.
If you are currently using HandBrake older than version 1.0.0 on macOS Sierra, please manually download and install HandBrake 1.0.1 from https://handbrake.fr. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Before updating, please make sure there are no pending encodes in the Queue. If you are currently using HandBrake older than version 1.0.0, please also make note of any custom presets you have created, as they may not be compatible with newer versions.
- One part banana
- One part cherry
- One part mango
- Garnish pineapple
- Fixed a potential crash when using the subtitles burn feature on macOS versions earlier than 10.12 Sierra
- Fixed a potential crash when using the VP8 or VP9 video encoders
- Fixed a potential crash when using 2-pass ABR
- Fixed certain controls not updating when saving or loading a preset
- Miscellaneous bug fixes
- New online documentation at https://handbrake.fr/docs/en/1.0.0 (beta)
- Completely overhauled the official presets (Legacy presets still available)
- Improvements to audio/video sync engine to better handle difficult sources
- Queue is now automatically paused when available disk space is low
- Added undo/redo support
- Improved drag and drop support
- Updated all tooltips
- Many video, audio, and subtitles updates and additions
- Many miscellaneous bug fixes and improvements (over 1700 code commits!)
- Full release notes at https://github.com/HandBrake/HandBrake/blob/master/NEWS.markdown
- 64-bit Intel Mac running 10.7.0 or later
HandBrake (org.m0k.handbrake) is a Mac software application that has been discovered and submitted by users of Software.com.
The latest version that our users have reported running on their systems is HandBrake 2016122900. The most popular version of this application used by our users is HandBrake 2005110400.
Great utility to convert DVDs (and Blu-ray) to video files, I've used it >100 times to convert movies for my AppleTV and only a few titles (with extra encryption) have ever not completely converted.
- Chicago, USA, January 16, 2013
To submit your review of HandBrake please download Software.com for Mac and click "My Apps" to rate the software installed on your Mac system.
Operating System: Mac
Default Install Path: /Applications/AppleToolsB/ .app
Bundle Information: 0.7.0
Copyright: By Eric Petit