Release Notes for v2.5
- Add Line Number Format menu
- Font menu items display using font
- Remove File Format option when saving
- Fix broken read-only mode
- Fix error messages not showing when files can't be opened
- Update Sparkle to 1.16.0
Release Notes for v2.4
- Added binary and SLEB128 and ULEB128 int inspector
- Added hide null bytes option
- Added text encodings table
- Allow selecting packages and hidden files
- Fixed many bugs and memory leaks
- Update Sparkle to 1.14.0
Release Notes for v2.1.2
Release Notes for v2.1.1
- Fixed a bug that caused exceptions when scrolling with a non-precise scrolling device (like a classic scroll wheel mouse).
- Removed an .xcconfig file that was inadvertently being copied into Resources
Release Notes for v2.1.0
- Support for computing a binary diff between two files. This is a "true" LCS-based diff. Support for computing the diff lives in HexFiend.framework, while the document that presents it is in HexFiend.app.
- Bookmark support. Bookmarks are little balloons that point at a range of bytes. They are not saved with the document.
- Some support for attributes on ranges of bytes, which then can be translated into visual styles (such as colors).
- Hex Fiend now has a privileged helper process ("Fortunate Son"), which can be used to read raw devices, root owned files, etc. Communication is via MIG.
- Transient untitled document support. That is, if there is an untitled document that has never been edited, its window gets used by any document that's opened.
- Undo can now be preserved across saves, when doing so doesn't require too much memory.
- It looks more 3D. It's like you're really inside a hex editor!
- Many more bug fixes representing a few years of work.
Hex Fiend (com.ridiculousfish.hexfiend) is a Mac software application that has been discovered and submitted by users of Software.com.
The latest version that our users have reported running on their systems is Hex Fiend 200. The most popular version of this application used by our users is Hex Fiend 300.
Operating System: Mac
Default Install Path: /Applications/Hex Fiend.app