Tumult HyperEdit is a lightweight HTML and PHP editor with a preview pane that displays the web page live as you type. HyperEdit breaks the tedious cycle of writing html, saving the file, then reloading and viewing the page in the browser by combining the writing phase with the viewing phase. This clarifies the effects of your changes and speeds up the overall process of making a web page. W3C-based validation will red-underline any mistakes. It uses the same rendering engine found in Safari, so it is not only standards compliant, but also very fast.Testing HTML to make sure it looks exactly as you want it.
Macworld: 4 1/2 mice (Nov '04)
HyperEdit can be used for:
Testing and executing PHP code.
Writing forum, blog, or journal entries.
Interactively trying out CSS code.
And creating whole websites.
Live HTML W3C-based validation with red underlines and an error drawer
Code Snippets palette allows commonly used code and tags (open and close) to be saved and recalled using custom key stroke combinations
Files attached to the table in the Linked Filed drawer will cause a refresh of the web view when they are saved.
View HTML source code generated by the PHP engine
Color swatches palette allows inserting colors and saving favorites
- Improved Leopard compatibility
- Fixed many memory leaks
- Preview menu has browser icons
- Added preference to display invisible characters
- Added Text menu item to convert text to upper and lower case
- New toolbar icons (thanks Marc Edwards of iSlayer!)
- Added automatic checking for updates (via Sparkle, thanks Andy Matuschak!)
- Added ability to report crashes (via UKCrashReporter, thanks Uli Kusterer!)
- Fixed an issue saving window layout when the preview is collapsed
- Fixed vital information window ordering
- Fixed bug where the document was not being marked as dirty
- Support for localizations
HyperEdit (com.tumult.hyperedit) is a Mac software application that has been discovered and submitted by users of Software.com.
The latest version that our users have reported running on their systems is HyperEdit 1.6. The most popular version of this application used by our users is HyperEdit 1.6.1.
Operating System: Mac
Default Install Path: /Applications/HyperEdit.app