IPNetMonitorX Release NotesPaid Software Upgrade (if you registered more than 2 years ago)
Oct 21, 2016 - IPNetMonitorX 2.6.8
• Update for Mac OS X Sierra
This update required reverse engineering security enhancements for configuring SUID root tools.
1. (geteuid() != 0) when SUID is set;
2. Calling chown() after chmod resets SUID;
3. Default permission when creating new folders is owner only (no read or execute group).
Sorry for the long wait.
Nov 2, 2015 - IPNetMonitorX 2.6.7
• Build for El Capitan using Xcode 7.1 on El Capitan
Aug 24, 2015 -IPNetMonitorX 2.6.6
• Connection List - fix "Process" column for 10.9 and beyond.
Apr 28, 2015 -IPNetMonitorX 2.6.5
• Update Ethernet OUI list used by Address Scan tool.
• Add IP address column in Port Scan window.
Nov 9, 2014 - IPNetMonitorX 2.6.4
• Update NKE code signing to be Yosemite compatible.[Please drop me a note if this isn't working for you.]
If you have trouble getting the NKE to work on Yosemite,as a temporary workaround you can type this command inyour terminal: sudo nvram boot-args="kext-dev-mode=1" andrestart your computer. It basically tells your machine toignore invalid signatures on kexts.
Sep 7, 2014 -IPNetMonitorX 2.6.3
• Update to be Yosemite compatible.
• Fix code signing for tcpflow components.
• Fix SUID root test to verify helper tools weresuccessfully installed.
• Update Ethernet OUI list used by Address Scan tools.
Aug 28, 2013 -IPNetMonitorX 2.6.2
• Port Scan - show corresponding addresses.
• Server Scan - remember any changed settings when Applyis pressed.
• Server Scan - move log to ~/Library/Logs/
• Updated the Name Query and Whois tools to use Monoco 10point.
Nov 6, 2012 -IPNetMonitorX 2.6.1
• Added Bonjour Scan tool.
Oct 26, 2012 -IPNetMonitorX 2.6
• Build with Xcode 4.5 under Mountain Lion.
• Address Scan: Update Ethernet OUI list.
• Improve file permissions for upgrade registrations.
• Release as version 2.6
July 5, 2012 -IPNetMonitorX 2.6c6
• Sign code with Apple Developer ID and update helpertools for Mountain Lion.
• IPNetMonitorX will ask for an admin password to repeatthe first run install process as needed.
Feb 19, 2012 -IPNetMonitorX 2.6c5
• Address Scan: Update Ethernet OUI list.
• Address Scan: Do not include IPv6 services in scanresults.
Oct 21, 2011 -IPNetMonitorX 2.6c4
• Fix possible authentication conflict when loading asigned NKE.
Jan 11, 2011 - IPNetMonitorX 2.6c3
• Notice this update may require an upgradefee based on when you last registered.
• Stability bug fixes.
Jan 3, 2011 - IPNetMonitorX 2.6c2
• Address Scan (Look Around): Browse to find allservice types and then use the types found to scan for allregistered services. This can identify Apple TVs by name,and will show other iOS devices if they are running anyservice that registers a Bonjour name. For example, if"Air Sharing" is running on your iPad, your iPad willappear by name in the scan results.
• Address Scan (Look Around): Remember any device namespreviosly found.
• Address Scan (Look Around): Show IPv6 addresses of anyservices found.
• Address Scan: update the Ethernet OUI (OrganizationUnique Identifier) list to the latest published version.This will identify more device manufacturers by theEthernet MAC address.
• Avoid Spinning Pizza of Death (Spod) during ARP whennetwork is not available.
• DHCP Test: support more than 255 unique MAC addresses.
May 27, 2010 - IPNetMonitorX 2.6c1
• Server Scan: use Scripting Bridge to send Emailnotifications using Mail.app .
• Server Scan: added "Shell Sript" action with parameters(location, result).
• DHCP Test: log timed out responses.
• Port Scan: update stealth scan (SYN, FIN,...) for SnowLeopard.
• Build monitor NKE as 32/64-bit Universal.
Apr 20, 2010 - IPNetMonitorX 2.5
• Startup: wait for network to become available whenlaunched as login item.
• Startup: restore multiple instance fields correctly whentools are running.
• DNS Query: added query type SPF;
• Fix bug: Server Scan Export changing visible action.
• Fix screen drawing bug in Interface Info tool.
Oct 15, 2009 - IPNetMonitorX 2.5c4
• Build as 32-bit Universal pending further testing.
Oct 14, 2009 - IPNetMonitorX 2.5c3
• Remove old registration data from /L/AS/SustainableSoftworks/IPNetMonitorKey when writing new data.
• Connection List: improve update when host is slow torespond.
• DHCP Test: allow selecting UDP broadcast for VMWarecompatibility.
"defaults write com.sustworks.IPNetMonitorX udpBroadcast1"
• Prepare Disk Image on 10.5 to preserve background image.
• Change system requirements to Mac OS X 10.5 or later.
• Build as 32/64-bit Universal.
Sep 29, 2009 - IPNetMonitorX 2.5c2
• Fixed AirPort Signal tool to work on Snow Leopard.
• DHCP Test - allow setting client hardware address.
• Remove old registration data from ~/L/AS/SustainableSoftworks/IPNetMonitorKey when writing new data.
Sep 25, 2009 - IPNetMonitorX 2.5c1
• Fix Connection List to work on Snow Leopard.
Jun 17, 2009 - IPNetMonitorX 2.4.2
• Service Info: added DNS tab to request BIND version.
• SNMP Tool MIB Table - read MIBs usingNSMacOSRomanStringEncoding when needed.
• Ignore descriptive text in target field moreconsistently.
• Convert all source files to UTF8 encoding.
• Update "localizable.strings" file.
• Display help in web browser by default. Use Option-Helpfor Apple's Help Viewer.
Jun 3, 2009 - IPNetMonitorX 2.4.1
• Show Demo Startup when trial has expired.
• Update license text in Demo Startup.
• Address Scan: added tcp port 3389 RDP to list of wellknown protocol ports.
• Fix splash window.
• Restore Help button on First Run athorization alert.
• Ask for authorization only once from non-admin account.
May 28, 2009 - IPNetMonitorX 2.4
• Server Scan: fix to handle 10 retries correctly.
• Restructure project files to use Subversion basedrevision control.
• Release as version 2.4
May 21, 2009 - IPNetMonitorX 2.4c4
• SNMP Tool MIB Table - when loading MIB files, scan fileto use correct module name.
• SNMP Tool MIB Table - dim load checkbox for pre-loadedMIBs and remove "Pre-load" column.
• SNMP Tool MIB Table - allow option-click to check "load"for all MIBs in table.
• SNMP Tool MIB Tree - allow finding non-numeric OIDs inMIB tree.
• SNMP Tool MIB Tree - allow selecting what is displayedin upper right text view.
May 19, 2009 - IPNetMonitorX 2.4c3
• SNMP Tool - Allow adding MIB folders under "Loaded MIBs"tab.
• SNMP Tool - Search for MIB name in added MIB files.
• SNMP Tool - Support finding non-numeric OIDs in MIBTree.
• SNMP Tool - MIB Tree added detailed node descriptions.
• SNMP Tool - Write settings to ~/.snmp/snmp.conf .
May 14, 2009 - IPNetMonitorX 2.4c2
• SNMP Tool - added SNMP MIB browser.
• Updated various help files.
• Port Scan - fixed bug in adding and removing connectionrefused records when scan is interupted.
May 7, 2009 - IPNetMonitorX 2.4c1
• Added SNMP Tool for doing simple queries and managingMIB files.
• Service Info: moved SNMP query to SNMP Tool.
• Fixed bug in Email notification from Server Scan.
• Port Scan: added orange check mark and red X next to thecheck boxes in the UI for "Show Connection Refused" and"Show No Response".
• Help menu: added "Feedback" menu item and fixed "ReadMe"to point to the correct file.
• About box: make Email address and web URL clickable.
Apr 16, 2009 - IPNetMonitorX 2.3.01
• Application launch - skip asking for upgrade if there isa valid upgrade key in the pasteboard.
• Upgrade - ask user to authenticate to remove old key ifnecessary when upgrading, so upgrade will override anyprevious key even if not writable by the currently loggedin user.
Apr 2, 2009 - IPNetMonitorX 2.3
• Release as version 2.3
Note this version may require a paid upgrade.
Mar 31, 2009 - IPNetMonitorX 2.3c8
• Added SNMPd Config tool.
• Added Service Info tool.
Mar 19, 2009 - IPNetMonitorX 2.3c7
• Drag and Drop: allow dropped text to replace fieldcontents instead of being inserted.
• Address Scan - LookAround: allow editing "Name" and"Comment" column to display user info.
[similar to editing file filenames in Finder, click,pause, and click again]
• Consolidate related tools into submenus in Tool menu andLauncher pallet (to make room for more).
• Ping: avoid lookup delay when dotted quad was specified.
• Check for keys in /L/AS/Sustainable Softworks/ beforeapplication folder.
Mar 6, 2009 - IPNetMonitorX 2.3c6
• Rewrote Connection List tool to work more consistentlyaccross OS X versions and include IPv6 information.
• Server Scan: cosmetic fixes to table cells.
• Server Scan: translate numeric entries to make exportdata easier to read.
• Subnet Calculator: re-organize input section to be moreintuitive.
• Reorganized demo startup to be more consistent andsupport paid upgrades.
• System Requirements are now 10.4 or later.
Note this version may require a paid upgrade.
Feb 12, 2009 - IPNetMonitorX 2.3c5
• Fix URL access to tools by working around possible bugin initializing NSScriptCommand.
• Added "-r sender" option to set the address envelope forreports from server scan.
• Added Sparkle support for automated updates.
• DHCP Test: added giaddr field to simulate requests froma Relay Agent.
• Lookup: allow scrolling of Result and Verificationfields.
Oct 16, 2008 - IPNetMonitorX 2.3c4
• Avoid repeated first run install alerts by not trying toinstall admin only tools when run from non-admin account.
Oct 2, 2008 - IPNetMonitorX 2.3c3
• Fix possible timing conflict when replacing andauthorizing helper tools.
• Accept upgrade key only.
• Fixed crash in DNS RBL tool.
Aug 5, 2008 - IPNetMonitorX 2.3c2
• First Run Install: pause after copy phase to allow timefor file system to stabilize.
• Ping: allow vertical resizing.
• Ping: adjust lost count if a ping that previously timedout becomes "destination unreachable".
• ICMP: self repair ICMP server connection if it diesunexpectedly.
July 23, 2008 - IPNetMonitorX 2.3c1
• Changed first run install to work the same for non-adminaccounts.
• Fixed obscure memory leaks found using Apple's Clangtool.
• Ping and TraceRoute: stop underlying server explicitlywhen window is closed.
• Name Server Query: added "Enable debug option".
• Name Server Query: allow drag and drop of selected textfrom result to the query name field.
• Connection List: update lsof process name informationevery 30 seconds.
Note V2.0 or later (Leopard compatible) is a $30 upgradefor customers who registered before 1-Jan-2005.
May 20, 2008 - IPNetMonitorX 2.2
• Subnet Calculator: redesigned as "IPv4 IPv6 SubnetCalculator."
• NS Query: add "IPv6 Address (AAAA)" query type.
• NS Query: add support for IPv6 address to name lookup(query type PTR).
• Lookup: add support for IPv6 and display any IPv6addresses returned.
• Tool history: keep 10 entries in addition to anysuggested local configuration values.
• Lookup: added "Show DNS" button.
• Trace Route: allow specifying UDP trace port explicitlyfor tracing firewall conflicts.
Mar 14, 2008 - IPNetMonitorX 2.1.9
• Monitor: fix build setting to prevent NKE Failure on10.4 systems.
Feb 21, 2008 - IPNetMonitorX 2.1.8
• Server Scan: use UNIX sendmail in place ofMessage.framework.
• Center splash screen at application launch.
Feb 6, 2008 - IPNetMonitorX 2.1.7
- Lookup: update "Flush Cache" button to use "dscacheutil-flushcache" on Leopard instead of lookupd.
Jan 3, 2008 - IPNetMonitorX 2.1.6
• Fixed tcpflow by relocating image with other helpertools.
• Confirm identity of signed IPNetMonitorX app.
• Use ~/L/AS/IPNetMonitorX consistently when/L/AS/IPNetMonitorX is not writable.
Dec 26, 2007 - IPNetMonitorX 2.1.5
• Relocate helper tools to "/Library/ApplicationSupport/IPNetMonitorX/HelperTools".
• Move other modifiable resources out of Applicationbundle.
• Sign each helper tool using Leopard Code Signing.
• Sign IPNetMonitorX app.
• Remove "Unauthorize Tools..." from application menusince app can be moved and copied freely.
• Use standard help button from latest Interface Builder.
• Help: search only the localized help book for the pagerequested.
• AirPort Signal: fix character used in plot column.
• Link Rate: improve RTT calculation by ignoring secondresponse of each pair.
• Link Rate: reduce probe size for improved compatibility.
• Link Rate: fixed bug in One Second Window Sizecalculation.
• Incorporate refactoring from IPNetRouterX.
Nov 11, 2007 - IPNetMonitorX 2.1.4
• Build with Xcode 3.0 under Leopard.
• Catch NSInternalConsistencyError and print stack trace.
• Check for interrupted system call on read().
Sep 27, 2007 - IPNetMonitorX 2.1.3
• Added DNS RBL tool (DNS real time black list check).
• DHCP Test: send Client FQDN (option 81) if requested toask server to update DNS record.
• DHCP Test: show length and content of unrecognized DHCPoptions.
• Whois: update to repeat query when an ARIN"ReferralServer:" is specified.
• Incorporate latest DO client/server fixes from IPNRx.
• Open help files in Apple Help Viewer by default, or theusers default web browser if the Option key is down whenhelp is selected.
Apr 16, 2007 - IPNetMonitorX 2.1.2
• Ping: click on table row to show time of probe.
• DHCP Test: allow empty Client ID to use MAC address fortesting.
• DHCP Test: added "Clear" button to clear previous testresults.
• Fixed leaking socket pair (stream pipe) when opening araw socket.
Mar 12, 2007 - IPNetMonitorX 2.1.1
• Fixed possible exception if PPP interface with no username is encountered.
• Unauthorize tools: unauthorize PCAPServer if needed,
February 28, 2007 - IPNetMonitorX 2.1
• Address Scan: add log drawer to remember on going scanresults.
• Ping: add ping to Ethernet MAC address to support someolder printers.
• Monitor: clear previous plot when starting monitor.
• Subnet Calculator: allow x.x.x.x - y.y.y.y (with spaces)for address range.
November 19, 2006 - IPNetMonitorX 2.0.8
• Fixed loss of ICMP (ping) responses from thread layeringconflict uncovered by terminating threads explicitly(v2.0.7).
November 14, 2006 - IPNetMonitorX 2.0.7
• Terminate threads explicitely to gaurd against APE's.
• Server Scan: allow scan intervals of 15 and 30 seconds.
November 8, 2006 - IPNetMonitorX 2.0.6
• Online help: update keyboard shortcuts.
• Port Scan: allow scanning a range of IP addresses.
• Port Scan: fix copy when "show refused" or "show noresponse" selected.
• Enable File->Save to save tool URL asdouble-clickable ".ipnm" document.
• Fixed to work on Leopard Preview (Mac OS X 10.5).
September 15, 2006 - IPNetMonitorX 2.0.5
• Fix NKE authorization process for better compatibility.
• Server Scan: add "Seconds" column to display responsetime when probe succeeds.
• Fixed bug in opening help file from Menu.
• DHCP Test: improve Intel compatibility.
• DHCP Test: Minor UI tweaks.
August 15, 2006 - IPNetMonitorX 2.0.4
• TCP Flow: add support for tcpflow on Intel and repackageas part of the application bundle (no separate installer).
• Verify all helper tools build as Unversal Binaries.
August 2, 2006 - IPNetMonitorX 2.0.3
• Port Scan: add options for "Show Connection Refused" and"Show No Response" along with updated help to simplifyfirewal testing.
• Port Scan: allow changing "view" options after port scancompletes.
• Open help files in default web browser moreconsistently.
July 13, 2006 - IPNetMonitorX 2.0.2
• Lookup: allow IP addresses in hex (0x51.0x39.0x88.0xd2)or decimal (1141664005) format.
• Lookup: fix bug in resolving names with multiple IPaddresses.
• Whois: allow /<option> in the query name for usewith whois.nic.ad.jp .
June 23, 2006 - IPNetMonitorX 2.0.1
• Remove last vestiges of MoreSCF.
• Add default whois servers: whois.krnic.net;whois.lacnic.net; whois.afrinic.net; whois.twnic.net.
• Convert Lookup server to use CFHost instead of NSHostfor more complete name resolution.
• Address Scan: check "/etc/hosts" for locally definednames during Look Around scan.
May 16, 2006 - IPNetMonitorX 2.0
• Address Scan: fix scan range when launched from a URL.
• Address Scan: prevent beep from re-stopping server whenalready terminated.
• Server Scan: change log messages to report retries moreconsistently.
• Server Scan: synchronize log entries with file date.Save new entries immediately.
• Release as v2.0
May 11, 2006 - IPNetMonitorX 2.0c5
• Ping, Address Scan, Port Scan, Trace Route: resolvesynchronization issues.
• ServerScan: added 5 second scan interval.
May 3, 2006 - IPNetMonitorX 2.0c4
• Name Server Query - ignore identifying informationfollowing a server address.
• Address Scan: separate MAC address from comment fieldwhen pasting.
• Address Scan: update OUI listing from<http://standards.ieee.org/regauth/oui/index.shtml>.
• Link Rate: update help to cover measuring upstream anddownstream separately.
• Monitor: recognize alternate KEV_DL_LINK_ON andKEV_DL_LINK_OFF events.
• Remove last vestiges of MoreSCF.
Mar 27, 2006 - IPNetMonitorX 2.0c3
• DHCP Lease Tool: fix byte ordering on Intel for DHCPoption information.
• Change system requirements to Mac OS X 10.3.9 or laterto simplify building as Universal Binary.
• Streamline ICMP listener thread to improve robustness.
• Fixed AirPort Signal and DHCP Test cleanup based on newthreading model to avoid unnecessary log messages.
Mar 14, 2006 - IPNetMonitorX 2.0c2
• Name Server Query - add option to show command line.
• Resolve incompatible library on Mac OS X 10.2.8 .
Feb 14, 2006 - IPNetMonitorX 2.0c1
• Convert to Intel compatible Universal Binary.
• Restructure threading in TraceRoute.
• ServerScan: improve error checking for AppleScriptfield.
• ServerScan: fix bug in failover.
• Test with previous ICMP listener
Note this version is a $15 paid upgrade for customers whoregistered before 1-Jan-2005.
Dec 27, 2005 - IPNetMonitorX 1.6.6
Threading model: configure NSConnection toenableMultipleThreads.
Address Scan, Port Scan: restructure server to avoid roundtrips and allow on the fly parameter changes.
Dec 7, 2005 - IPNetMonitorX 1.6.5
• Server Scan: fix bug in displaying Last Time.
• Server Scan: apply settings automatically when startinga test.
• Address Scan: restructure server to avoid possiblethread contention.
Oct 20, 2005 - IPNetMonitorX 1.6.4
• Server Scan: fix bug in using Email To field if noaddress is specified in table.
• Address Scan: fix hiding controls on Mac OS X 10.2.8systems.
Oct 7, 2005 - IPNetMonitorX 1.6.3
• Address Scan, Ping, TraceRoute: improve robustness onmultiprocessor systems.
• Address Scan: fix obscure release conflict fordictionary passed via Distributed Objects.
• Address Scan: add retry limit to ping look around scan.
• Address Scan: add "continuous" option to ping lookaround scan.
Sep 27, 2005 - IPNetMonitorX 1.6.2
• Server Scan: add option to display last transition timein table (up or down since).
• Server Scan: move failover settings to a separate areawith a master on/off setting.
Sep 19, 2005 - IPNetMonitorX 1.6.1
• Address Scan: fix an obscure crash if a thread dieswhile processing a synchronous notification from anotherthread.
• Interface Info: fix bug in parsing and displaying publicIP address.
Sep 1, 2005 - IPNetMonitorX 1.6.04
• Address Scan: work around bug in NSScanner.
Aug 24, 2005 - IPNetMonitorX 1.6.03
• Monitor: fix possible panic when interface is detachedabrubtly.
• DHCP Test: use BPF tap to broadcast raw packets.
• TCP Dump: limit history to 256K characters.
• Lookup - verify that IP address strings end in a digiteven if a valid dotted quad is found.
• Connection List - call UNIX lsof in the background toget process names for ports.
May 26, 2005 - IPNetMonitorX 1.6.02
• Monitor: fix bug in restoring byte counts for interfacesother than first listed.
• Add "Check for Updates..." item under application menu.
• Add support for BSD interfaces not specified in theSystem Configuration Framework.
• Fix to handle ping counts larger than 16-bits.
• DHCP Test: log option "0" as the empty option.
May 3, 2005 - IPNetMonitorX 1.6.01
• Fix NKE to ignore unknown ioctls correctly on Tiger.
April 27, 2005 - IPNetMonitorX 1.6
• Info: add IP stats.
• Info: update stats automatically.
• Use separate mbuf tags for input and output to detectrecycled mbufs.
• Release as v1.6 for use with Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger).
March 23, 2005 - IPNetMonitorX 1.6c5
• Monitor: updated NKE to work on Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger).
• NKE: privatize names to avoid possible NKE namecollision.
February 2, 2005 - IPNetMonitorX 1.5.1
• Release as version 1.5.1 .
• Include target information in window title.
• Fix bug in launching application by opening a URL.
• Link Rate: improve visual layout.
January 27, 2005 - IPNetMonitorX 1.6c4
• Added preferences dialog to configure Email settingsused by Server Scan tool.
• Added support for Mac OS X application services.
• DHCP Test: fixed update bug in starting and stoppingfirst test.
• Updated to work on Mac OS X Tiger (except for Monitortool). Notice that in some seed releases libpcap wasmarked as an internal library and striped from theexternal distribution thus preventing IPNetMonitorX fromlaunching. This has been fixed as bug rdar://2916606 andseeds after 8A356 should behave correctly. You can workaround this problem by copying libpcap.A.dylib in /usr/libto the correspoding directory in Tiger.
• DHCP Lease tool: show routers.
• Server Scan: restructure to allow running withoutwindow.
• Server Scan: fix possible bug in aborting scan.
December 27, 2004 - IPNetMonitorX 1.6c3
• Server Scan: add automatic failover support.
• Refactor thread to controller updates for betterperformance and robustness.
• Optimize check for abort in receive threads for betterperformance.
• Optimize display of dates in tables for betterperformance.
December 9, 2004 - IPNetMonitorX 1.6c2
• Refactor thread controller classes to isolate exceptionsand simplify abort and re-initialize.
• Configure NSConnections with explicit time out andqueueing options.
• Remove delegate retain loops.
• Ping: increase maximum ping count from 16 to 32-bits.
• Ping: limit display table to last 1000 entries.
• ServerScan: resume scanning automatically betweenapplication launches.
• ServerScan: Include probe results in Email subject line.
• Catch DO execeptions in server requests to improvestability.
• Fix bug in restoring window positions.
• DHCP Test: add DHCP Options List to test parameters.
• NKE: add OSBundleProductName and OSBundleSupportURL KEXTproperties for Mac OS X Tiger.
November 3, 2004 - IPNetMonitorX 1.6c1
• System Configuration: fix bug in finding active PPPinformation.
Oct 20, 2004 - IPNetMonitorX 1.5
• Update documentation.
• Release as version 1.5 .
Oct 19, 2004 - IPNetMonitorX 1.5c10x
• Update documentation to reflect new price.
• Fix registration input, read key, and write key tohandle international characters consistently.
• TCP Trace: fixed bug that caused some traces toterminate prematurely.
• History Menu: fixed "Clear Favorites" to restoresuggested targets.
Oct 15, 2004 - IPNetMonitorX 1.5c10
• Trace Route: add TCP Trace option to identify whereports are blocked.
• Trace Route: UDP trace improved end of trace detection.
• History Menu: change menu selections to "Add Favorite",and "Clear Favorites" to separate erasing history fromfavorites. List favorites on top, next any defaultentries, and then history entries.
• Link Rate: improved reporting and logging with "verbose"button and sent/received counters.
• Price will increase to $60 starting October 18th, 2004.
Oct 1, 2004 - IPNetMonitorX 1.5c9
• Server Scan: add Apply button, allow editing table whiletest is running and applying changes.
• DHCP Test: fixed receiving DHCP responses that wasaccidently broken in 1.5c8 .
• DHCP Test: reset PCAP server for each test in casenetwork port changes.
• Authorization: authorize tools when application is runfrom root account.
Sept 24, 2004 - IPNetMonitorX 1.5c8
• Added Server Scan tool.
• DHCP Test: optimize for better performance.
• Port Scan: set ending port to zero for URL with noending port specified.
• Price will increase to $60 starting October 18th, 2004.
Aug 18, 2004 - IPNetMonitorX 1.5c7
• Ping, Port Scan, AirPort Signal: fixed table data thatwas accidently disconnected.
Aug 16, 2004 - IPNetMonitorX 1.5c6
• DHCP Test: optimize for better performance.
• Fix possible crash in converting IP address strings.
• TraceRoute: add option to turn off DNS name resolution.
• Whois: replace "whois.networksolutions.com" with"whois.uwhois.com" and "whois.verisign-grs.com".
Jul 8, 2004 - IPNetMonitorX 1.4.1
• Release as 1.4.1
Jul 6, 2004 - IPNetMonitorX 1.5c5
• AirPort Signal: show noise for associated base station.
• AirPort Signal: include Tx Rate and Base Station ID(hardware address) in Notes field.
• AirPort Signal: remove "best channel".
• Help Button and Disclosure Triangle: use 10.2.8compatible controls.
• Preferences: remove "Preferences..." menu item, use"settings" button in windows.
• Registration: look for registration data in clipboard sothere's no need to paste.
• Address Scan: update select service popup to matchtarget field when a scan is invoked.
• Port Scan: use starting and ending port fields inpreference to any ports specified in target field.
• Port Scan: display "Target does not appear to beresonding" if no responses were received.
• Port Scan: log any other TCP connection error andrefresh the table when scan completes.
Jun 22, 2004 - IPNetMonitorX 1.5c4
• Address Scan: changed to report "Sent/Received/Lost"more consistently for TCP and UDP scans.
• Port Scan: changed to report "Sent/Received/Lost" moreconsistently for TCP and UDP scans.
• Port Scan: fixed entry bug when tabbing out of startingport field.
• Link Rate: add save log button.
• DHCP Test: add save log button.
• List PPP interfaces by PPP sub type.
• List tools in alphabetical order.
• Update help pages.
Jun 4, 2004 - IPNetMonitorX 1.5c3
• DHCP Test: fix bug in terminating test before all lostresponses were accounted for.
• DHCP Test: terminate previous PCAPServer process ifapplication was interrupted.
• AirPort Signal: interpret "signal" and "noise" reportedby AirPort API as logarithmic and update help text.
May 26, 2004 - IPNetMonitorX 1.5c2
• DHCP Test: changed to use raw IP for sending and libpcapfor receive so it is no longer necessary to modify theusers normal network configuration in the NetworkPreferneces panel.
• DHCP Test: added log drawer in place of separate logwindow.
• DHCP Test: automatically save log in/Library/Logs/IPNetMonitorX/dhcp test log %Y-%m-%d.txt
• Improved access to System Configuration Framework.
• Add Help button to "First Run" dialog and more completeerror reporting when authorization is cancelled.
• History: load default targets for each tool.
• Subnet Calculator: add history support.
• Link Rate: record test failures in the log.
• Link Rate: automatically save log in/Library/Logs/IPNetMonitorX/link rate log %Y-%m-%d.txt
May 13, 2004 - IPNetMonitorX 1.5c1
• Added DHCP Test tool.
• Link Rate: remember any text in target field as part ofhistory.
• Link Rate: added history drawer to keep a text log ofrecent results.
Apr 16, 2004 - IPNetMonitorX 1.4
• Reformat help text to match website.
• Added tutorial to online help.
• Include free IPNetMonitorX Lite consisting of Ping,Monitor, and AirPort Signal.
• Release as version 1.4
Apr 12, 2004 - IPNetMonitorX 1.4c2
• Launcher: update names to better match tools.
• Ping, TraceRoute, Whois: convert tool preferences to usea window drawer.
• Complete any field editing in progress when invokingtools.
• Identify interfaces by unique ID of the form en0:x whenneeded.
• NS Query: fixed anti-spam link in help text.
• Lookup: added elapsed time and flushcache button.
• DHCP Lease, Info: select first active interface uponopening window.
• Interface Info: restore open state upon applicationlaunch.
• AirPort Signal: fixed duplicate column.
Feb 12, 2004 IPNetMonitorX 1.4c1
- Added free AirPort Signal Tool that does not expire.
- Allow application to run with functions disabled as aninteractive tour after initial trial period.
- TCP Dump: work around possible crash.
Jan 19, 2004 IPNetMonitorX 1.3.2
- History Menu: include "Add Permanent" item to createentries that don't roll off the recent targets popup.
- Recent Targets: remember configuration info as temporaryentries that are not saved and restored.
- Address Scan: show Ethernet address and Organizationname for localhost.
- Address Scan: fixed domain name lookup in Domain Namescan.
- DNS, Whois: add "Top-append" option to preference panefor collecting output from several queries.
- Ping, Trace Route, Whois, DNS: add "Preferences" button.
- DNS: add "Tool" popup to select between: nslookup, dig,or host.
- Ping: include router and name server info in recenttargets.
- Subnet Calculator: don't reset prefix length whenaddress changes unless it previously matched the addressclass.
- Added context sensitive help buttons to most tools.
Jan 8, 2004 IPNetMonitorX 1.3.1
- Ping, Trace Route: fixed bug that mistook names for IPaddress 0.0.0.0 .
- Address Scan: fixed stability problem in Look Aroundscan finding Rendezvous names.
- Address Scan: add separate "tab delimited" columns forname and MAC address.
Jan 5, 2004 IPNetMonitorX 1.3
- Address Scan (Look Around): show Rendezvous host namefor afp or http servers if found.
- Address Scan (Look Around): use ":" separator for MACaddresses.
- Address Scan: convert ARP calls to use subroutine inplace of launching arp command via NSTask.
- Release as version 1.3
Dec 23, 2003 IPNetMonitorX 1.3c4
- Ping, Trace Route, etc - fix timing synchronization bugbetween NSDate and UNIX gettimeofday() under 10.3.2 .
- DHCP - use SCF callback to update lease address any timeit changes.
Dec 9, 2003 IPNetMonitorX 1.3c3
- Scrolling Views: do not scroll for updates unless bottomof view is visible.
- Who Is: fallback to ASCII Encoding if response containsinvalid UTF8 characters.
- Trace Route: add Hop Limit setting in Trace Routepreferences sheet.
- Ping: add "Play Sound" option to Ping preferences sheet.
Sep 25, 2003 IPNetMonitorX 1.3c2
- Info: update public IP address to work with new responsefrom http://checkip.dyndns.org/ .
- Lookup: use UNIX gethostbyaddress instead of NSHost tohandle RFC-2317 reverse delegation.
- PortScan: correct invalid starting port of zero.
- Fixed to handle exception for user who does not belongto admin group.
Aug 7, 2003 IPNetMonitorX 1.3c1
- Fixed to work with Panther preview (Mac OS X 10.3).
- Ping: fixed to wrap around correctly at 65535 pings.
July 30, 2003 IPNetMonitorX 1.2.1
- Improved security for privileged tools.
- Launcher: make panel ignore Cmd-W.
- Use default browser to view IPNetMonitorX help.
July 2, 2003 IPNetMonitorX 1.2
- Distribute as Internet Enabled Disk Image.
- Launcher: fixed bug that closed launcher palette whenbringing app to front from Dock.
- Ping: allow odd number ping size.
- Release as version 1.2
April 30, 2003 IPNetMonitorX 1.2c5
- Resume monitoring PPP automatically when PPP connects.
- Name Server Query: fixed to not block for long output(AXFR).
- TCPDump: remove extra space between read segments.
- Update client/server interface to follow IPNetSentryX.
April 24, 2003 IPNetMonitorX 1.2c4
- Add Interface Info tool including externally visiblepublic IP address.
- Whois: add Preference setting for "Standard text to omitfrom responses".
- Ping: add preference setting to send raw ping with IPheader DF bit set.
- Monitor, TCPDump: support loopback port "lo0".
- Port Scan: detect and adjust invalid port range.
- Port Scan: default to not show blocked ports, addcorresponding setting.
- Name Server Query: use dig for query type "AXFR" or"ANY" since
nslookup doesn't recognize these.
January 16, 2003, IPNetMonitorX 1.1.2
- Show alert if authentication fails explaininginstallation requirements.
- Ignore invalid System Configuration objects.
- Added support for 'GURL' AppleEvent to handle URL of theform: linkrate://target.
- Release as 1.1.2
December 12, 2002, IPNetMonitorX 1.2c3
- Link Rate: redesigned link rate calculation to be moreconsistent (see help for details).
- TCPDump: use a Pseudo TTY for tcpflow to show eachoutput line immediately.
- Added support for 'GURL' AppleEvent to handle URL of theform: lookup://target.
- Address Scan: improve scanning speed by sending multipleprobes each time thread awakes.
- Address Scan, Trace Route: Cache DNS lookups for fasterdisplay on subsequent tests.
- Connection List: allow sampling interval to bespecified.
November 25, 2002, IPNetMonitorX 1.1.1
- Subnet Calculator: fixed CIDR network numbers foraddress range.
- DHCP Lease: fixed Release & Rebind for Mac OS X 10.2
- Demo Startup: don't quit if a valid key is entered aftertrial has expired.
- Add TCP Flow Read Me.
- Release as 1.1.1
November 13, 2002 IPNetMonitorX 1.2c2
- Fixed restore window positions for DHCP Lease and TCPInfo.
- Fixed version strings.
November 5, 2002 IPNetMonitorX 1.2c1
- TCP Dump: add "use TCP Flow" checkbox to capture TCPtraffic flows.
- Include tcpflow package in distribution.
- Connection List: ignore left over data at end of PCBlist.
October 15, 2002 IPNetMonitorX 1.1
- Use IPv4 address when lookup returns both IPv4 and IPv6addresses.
- Generate Localizable.strings file in English.lproj
- Release as version 1.1
October 7, 2002 IPNetMonitorX 1.1c7
- Add launcher available under Window menu.
- Add font menu to make text size and languageconfigurable for Whois, Name Query, and TCP Dump.
- Whois: lookup 2nd level domain when transfering namefrom other tools.
- Whois: if server=whois.arin.net, try IP address first.
- Address Scan: fixed bug trying to scan empty target.
- Connection List: remove ":<port>" from data passedto other tools.
- Lookup: transfer selected field to other tools.
September 30, 2002 IPNetMonitorX 1.1c6
- Select target when window becomes active to saveclicking in field.
- Bypass splash screen at application launch if commandkey is down. Overlap with other initialization.
- Streamline data transfer between tools. Do not transferempty fields.
Collect data when test invoked or added to history.
- Remember window state and position for multipleinstances of same tool.
- Monitor, TCP Info, Connection List: restart tool ifpreviously running.
- Lookup: add verification field to show reverse lookup.List all names found.
- Lookup: transfer lookup target to other tools (insteadof result).
- Lookup: if verification returns a CNAME of the form".in-addr.arpa", continue looking, if no name foundindicate "RFC 2317 reverse delegation".
- Localization: move resources to English.lproj andstrings file.
September 19, 2002 IPNetMonitorX 1.1c5
- Added support for 'GURL' AppleEvent to handle URLs ofthe form:
- Who Is: if the response specifies a "Whois Server:",copy to "Using server" field so you can just press Queryagain.
- TCP Dump: allow options to include comments and keephistory of recent options pre-loaded with common examples.
- Catch errors when restoring settings that are no longeravailable.
September 16, 2002 IPNetMonitorX 1.1c4
- Build NKE with "August 2002 Dev Tools 10.2 Update" asrecommended by Apple.
- Replaced all use of "cString" with "UTF8".
- Trace Route: include target IP address in first linewhen copying entire table.
- Trace Route: show IP address in name column for "No namefound".
- Address Scan: add "List All Addresses" button as optionfor Look Around and Domain Name scan.
- Address Scan: list responses in numerical address orderinstead of order received.
- Port Scan: use simultaneous connections to improve TCPscanning performance.
- Port Scan: add support for TCP Stealth Scanning.
August 27, 2002 IPNetMonitorX 1.1c3
- Link Rate: redesigned link rate calculation to be moreconsistent and added "asymetric" button.
August 5, 2002 - IPNetMonitorX 1.1c2
- Build with Jaguar (Mac OS X 10.2) tools.
- Add "Unauthorize Tools" to allow copying applicationbundle.
- Set NKE owner and privileges to root:wheel 755 so itwill load under 10.2 .
July 29, 2002 - IPNetMonitorX 1.0.3
- Name Server Query: fix query type for "dig"
July 16, 2002 - IPNetMonitor 1.0.3
- Address Scan: show organization name for Ethernet OUI inping Look Around scan.
- Address Scan: check for abort no more than every .5seconds.
- Trace Route: open new ping window for double click intable row.
- Link Rate: Add router and name server addresses tohistory list.
- Link Rate: increase time out to 3 seconds.
- Registration: Display existing registration data fromany location in Registration dialog.
- Fix memory leaks in Monitor and Trace Route.
May 2, 2002 - IPNetMonitorX 1.0.2
- Trace Route: fix crash when copying empty rows fromtrace route table.
- Trace Route: use correct table size for Select All.
- Ping, Trace Route: include time stamp in copy and pastetable header.
- Address Scan: show Ethernet hardware address for pingLook Around scan.
April 29, 2002 - IPNetMonitorX 1.0.1
- First Run: encode tool paths using UTF8 to accomodateextended characters in path names.
- Released as 1.0.1 .
April 25, 2002 - IPNetMonitorX 1.1c1
- Address Scan: add TCP and UDP service scan.
- Monitor: fix memory leaks. Notice mini-dock monitorstill leaks from within AppKit (need Apple to help fixthis).
- Self Repair: copy file attributes when restoring tools.
- Check alternate registration key locations:IPNetMonitorKey; registrationKey; /library/applicationsupport/Sustainable Softworks/IPNetMonitorKey;/library/application support/SustainableSoftworks/registrationKey;
- Lookup: change result field to not wrap.
- Change expiration to be more forgiving: use earliestdate found.
April 17, 2002 - IPNetMonitorX 1.0
- Released as version 1.0
April 16, 2002 - IPNetMonitorX 1.0c2
- Status field: make field outline transparent in allwindows.
- Interface List: skip devices that do not supply a"DeviceName".
- Monitor, TCP Info: add checkbox to select between linearor log plot scale.
- Monitor, TCP Info, Ping: make windows smaller.
- Change keyboard shortcuts to make them easier toremember.
- TraceRoute - add Record Route option.
- Remember which tools were open between launches.
April 10, 2002 - IPNetMonitorX 1.0c1
- Monitor, TCP Info: show plot in miniaturized Dockwindow.
- Monitor: include bsd name of interface in title whilemonitoring.
- Monitor: restore previously selected interface by name.
- Monitor: remember byte counts for each interfaceseparately.
- Monitor: reset byte counts using History->Clear.
- TCP Info - plot connection behavior.
- Ping: show percent lost.
- Trace Route: send first few traces out of order to seeresults sooner.
- Help: update "Authentication and Privileges" to include"Copying IPNetMonitorX" and "Running IPNetMonitorX fromother Volumes."
- Update protocol port to names dictionary.
- Open Monitor window by default when application islaunched.
April 4, 2002 - IPNetMonitorX 1.0b1
- Added Monitor Tool using Network Kernel Extension.
- Added custom application icon.
- TCP Info - changed to use log scale.
- TCP Info removed percent fields to make window smallerand simpler.
- Link Rate - add RTT, Bandwidth-Delay Product, and OneSecond Window Size.
- Fix crash when checking empty IP address string.
- Include new beta test registration key to extend publicbeta until April 10, 2002. After this, the normal 21-daytrial period and expiration will apply.
March 20, 2002 - IPNetMonitorX 0.9b1
- Added TCP Info tool.
- Added Connection List tool including UDP listeners andprocess names.
- Added Link Rate tool.
- Name Server Query: add List Domains (LS) query type.
- Fix memory leak when aborting tools.
- Fix possible crash when quitting with active tools open.
- include new beta test registration key to extendexpiration.
March 4, 2002 - IPNetMonitorX 0.6b2
- Fix Name Server Query (NSLookup) to use default serverto resolve specified server.
- Use kernel timestamps to improve ping and trace routeaccuracy.
- Use Apple's NSHost to access the local domain nameresolver to leverage future improvements.
- Abort any pending select() when threads are killed inresponse to close or quit.
- Fix bug in comparing expiration dates across time zones.
- Include new beta test registration key to extendexpiration.
February 24, 2002 - IPNetMonitorX 0.6b1
- Added Port Scan tool.
- Address Scan: show local addresses with prefix length inpopup.
- Address Scan: skip subnet and broadcast address whenprefix length is given.
- Address Scan: indicate "localhost" address for LookAround scan.
- Address Scan: add double-click action to initiate portscan to corresponding address in table.
- Trace Route: add double-click action to initiate ping tocorresponding address in table.
- Whois: fix possible crash when loading whois history.
- Fix transparency of "green check" and "red x" images.
- Windows: offset successive windows of same tool.
- Added Registration window for updating registrationdata.
- Check any new registration data before writing toregistrationKey file.
- include new beta test registration key to extendexpiration.
February 4, 2002 - IPNetMonitorX 0.5b4
- DHCP Lease: show any Domain Name Servers received.
- DHCP Lease, TCP Dump: Fix possible crash when readinginterface names.
- Added Address Scan tool including "Look Around" feature.
- include new beta test registration key to extendexpiration.
January 24, 2002 - IPNetMonitorX 0.5b3
- Name Server Query: updated to handle address querieslike IPNetMonitor Classic.
- Added DHCP Lease tool.
- TCP Dump: show User Device Names as defined by SystemConfiguration file.
- Changed authorization to use self repairing unix tools.IPNetMonitorX is no longer suid root.
- Include beta test registration key to extend expiration.
January 4, 2002 - IPNetMonitorX 0.5b2
- Update application menu, help text.
- Update registration algorithm to match online server
January 3, 2002 - IPNetMonitorX 0.5b1
First publicly posted beta test version of IPNetMonitorX.
Developed in Cocoa using native BSD networking.
Each tool runs in a separate thread which communicateswith the corresponding AppKit window via DistributedObjects (can be extended for remote control). A singleshared ICMP listener minimizes the latency of wakingmultiple threads when ICMP traffic is received.
Please send questions, comments, suggestions or bugreports to:
IPNetMonitorX (com.sustworks.ipnetmonitorx) is a Mac software application that has been discovered and submitted by users of Software.com. The latest version that our users have reported running on their systems is IPNetMonitorX 2.6.8. The most popular version of this application used by our users is IPNetMonitorX 2.6.1.
Operating System: Mac
Default Install Path: /Applications/IPNetMonitorX folder/IPNetMonitorX.app
Minimum OS version: 10.6
Bundle Information: 2.6.1, Copyright 2001-2012 Sustainable Softworks Inc. All rights reserved.