*** Please note that IPSecuritas 4.0 requires MacOS 10.7 (Lion) or newer! ***
What's new in version 4.5?
• Support for Mac OS 10.11 (El Capitan)
• Smart Environment Detection is now triggered after wake from sleep
What's new in version 4.5?
• Support for Mac OS 10.10 (Yosemite)
• Removed 512-bit key size in certification request sheet (key size not considered secure anymore)
• Bugfix: authentication of more than one connection works now
• Bugfix: importing private keys PEM files works now
• Bugfix: kernel extension does not leak memory anymore when unloading
• Various small/cosmetic bug fixes
What's new in version 4.0rc?
IPSecuritas 4.0rc is the release candidate and a possible final version to be released. It contains the following changes:
• Support for Mac OS 10.7 (Lion), 10.8 (Mountain Lion) and 10.9 (Mavericks)
• Major overhaul to properly support the new system architecture of MacOS Lion and later
• All applications are now 64-bit capable (32-bit versions removed)
• All executables are signed for compliance with Gatekeeper
• Retina Display support
• Improved connection performance
• More integrated support for Office Mode (MODE_CFG), replaced MODE_CFG option with endpoint mode 'Auto'.
• More information in statistics window (RTT time, encryption and authentication method and key size)
• Implemented automatic IPSec before system sleep
• Improved 'Smart Environment Detection'
• More connection templates
• New log window and log export. Exported log now contains relevant system and network information simplify support.
• Bug fixes
• DNS race condition fixed (sometimes, split DNS configuration did not work correctly).
• Statistics were sometimes empty
• Process hangs
• Proper cleanup of DNS settings in case of unexpected quit while a connection was active
• More minor bug fixes.
What's new in version 3.5?
• Support for Mac OS 10.7 (Lion)
• The user is no longer bugged about installing the Dashboard Widget once she denied it once. Later installation is possible through the menu
• New Widget look
• Support for CheckPoint Secure Client Verification (SCV)
• New connection templates
• Improved error messages of uninstaller
• User manual corrections
• Password and Preshared Key are now encoded as UTF-8 (used to be ISO Latin 1) when sent to the remote firewall.
• Bug fixes
What's new in version 3.4?
• General 10.6 optimizations
• Enabled NAT-T by default in the Fritz!Box wizard template
• Wizard Template for McAfee Firewalls
• Wizard Template for OpenBSD 4.6
• Wizard Template for Symantec Gateway Security 300 Series
• Fix for a kernel bug in 64-bit mode
• Fixed a bug related to MTU reduction occasionally not working correctly
• Fixed the version information display in the about window
What's new in version 3.3?
• Added Sparkle.framework for automatic software updates of IPSecuritas (MacOS 10.4 and higher only)
• Added connection warning and error indication to menu bar item icon
• Added a traffic graph to the statistics window
• Dashboard Widget is now installed automatically when IPSecuritas is first run
• Visually vamped up Dashboard Widget
• Updated User Manual
• Added new HOWTO descriptions and updated others
• Fixed a problem with traffic statistics that could lead to a crash of the daemon
What's new in version 3.2?
• Per connection statistics (menu Windows -> Statistics and menu bar item)
• XAuth/Hybrid username and password query at start of IPSec (e.g. for SecureID)
• More verbose log output in certain error situations
• New option to suppress address conflict check (use with care).
• Connections in error can now be restarted without interrupting other connections
• Support for XAuth RSA
• Added statistics window to menu bar item
• Added log window to menu bar item
• MTU of connecting interfaces can be decreased to address fragmentation problems
• No more connection attempts are taken after a XAuth failure
• Outgoing traffic is no longer routed through VM machine virtual interfaces (Parallels, VMWare)
• Added backup and restore connection database functions
• Additional connection wizard templates
• Removed binding of configuration database to specific machine
• Problems with password field in import/export of connections and certificates
• Certificate without private key can no longer be exported in PKCS#12 format
• Sanity check of import/export options for certificates
• Signed certificate are now correctly assigned to their original requests
• Import of 2.x connections recognises connection mode correctly
• Connection surveillance now works reliably
• Removed 'inappropriate ... message received' log message because it was misleading
• Deleting the first of multiple local or remote addresses no longer corrupts the connection
• Parallels virtual adapters are no longer used to connect to remote hosts
• Disabled smart environment detection at startup
• Improved environment detection delay
• Reset statistics at stop of IPSec
• Warning appears now when attempting to overwrite a file
What's new in version 3.1?
• Multilingual support (English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, Norwegian and Japanese)
• Smart Environment Detection to follow your network environments automatically
• Leopard compatibility
• Removed the VPN-1 compatibility option. VPN-1 firewalls are now autodetected
• XAUTH support for Juniper firewalls
• Various bugfixes
What's new in version 3.0?
This is the productive release 3.0.
• Various Bugfixes
What's new in version 3.0rc3?
This version is the second release candiate - if there are no more major problems, the final version will be released.
• Improved connection establishing speed a lot
• Added import of 2.x connections
• Added draft version of the user manual
• Updated connection templates
• Added profile change to menu bar item and widget
• Added Key ID for local and remote identification
• Added connection timeout
• Added reconnection options (retry, give up, suspend for x seconds before retry)
• Updated connection state icons
• Added a warning dialog shown when trying to export with empty password
• Added IKE fragmentation option
• Added template update function
• Added shortcut Cmd-L to open log window
• Added shortcut Cmd-Delete to remove connections, certificates and profiles
• Added possibility to open IPSecuritas from the menu bar item
• Added a connection option to allow local IP to be in remote network range
• Removed the ping to the remote network to initiate the connection
• A problem with a stale lookud has been resolved (users could not log in anymore when the problem occurred)
• Resolved a clash with Apple's firewall when block UDP traffic was enabled
• Re-establishing a connection after it was detected broken does not influence other connections anymore
• Network confiuguration changes are now detected reliably
• Fixed policy netmask for remote endpoint mode Anywhere
• Various minor bug fixes and optical improvements
What's new in version 3.0rc2?
3.0rc2 is a test version that was never released to public.
What's new in version 3.0rc?
This version is the first release candiate - if there are no more major problems, the final version will be released.
• DNS redirection fixed.
• Address/Subnet ID payload fixed
• Added wizard template for Linksys BEVP41
• Added wizard template for GTA firewalls
• Fixed a problem with remote certificates (local one was used instead)
What's new in version 3.0b14?
• A widget to control IPSec has been added (Application does not need to run at the same time but can).
• A menu bar item to control IPSec has been added (Application does not need to run at the same time but can).
• Template Export has been added.
• Bug Fixes
What's new in version 3.0b6?
• The Wizard connection templates have been updated, preventing errors when starting IPSec with Wizard connections.
• Better Power/MacBook support (sleep mode).
• Better network configuration change support.
What's new in version 3.0b5?
• Bug fixes
What's new in version 3.0b4?
• Checkpoint UDP encapsulation support
• Split DNS support (domain specific DNS servers)
• Various bug fixes
What's new in version 3.0b3?
• Checkpoint username/password support (IMPORTANT: please enable Checkpoint support in the preferences)
What's new in version 3.0b3?
• Bug fixes
What's new in version 3.0b1?
There is now a connection wizard to make it easier to add new connections to the most popular firewalls and IPSec routers.
• Bug fixes
Various bugs have been fixed.
What's new in version 3.0a1?
Version 3.0 is a complete new implementation from scratch with a different and more flexible application structure. This results in many new functions, a much improved and more intuitive user interface and a core functionality that runs independent of the front-end user interface. The application can now be closed while IPSec will continue to run and restart tunnels in the background when needed (e.g. the tunnel breaks or your network address changes).
The following functions are new:
Multiple profiles with different sets of connections can be
defined to easily change settings depending on your location.
• Multiple networks
Any number of networks can be defined in Host to Network and
Network to Network modes.
• NAT Traversal (NAT-T)
Only tested with Zyxel Zywall 5 and Zywall P1 (IKE-Draft-02) and racoon (IKE-RFC) on
• XAUTH / Hybrid authentication
Experimental support for IPv6 - mainly untested.
• Connection Import/Export
Connection definitions can be exported and imported, including their certificates.
Exported definitions can be protected by a password.
• Certificate Import/Export
PKCS#12, DER encoded and password protected PEM encoded certificates and private
keys can be imported - export into PKCS#12, DER and PEM encoded files.
A connection definition can be protected (read-only, invisible, disallow export etc.)
to give an administrator more control over the connections installed on client
• Various GUI improvements
Better handling of certificates, more information on connection status, display of
configuration problems, nicer log display, log export
• Various background enhancements
All kernel API now done without external helpers, network/configuration changes
will now automatically restart the connections without user interaction, keep-alive
pings to keep connections up and automatic restart of failed connections.
IPSecuritas (com.lobotomo.ipsecuritas) is a Mac software application that has been discovered and submitted by users of Software.com. The latest version that our users have reported running on their systems is IPSecuritas 4.6. The most popular version of this application used by our users is IPSecuritas 4.0.0001.3865.
Operating System: Mac
Default Install Path: /Applications/Utilities/IPSecuritas.app
Bundle Information: IPSecuritas 3.4