- Fixes crash on launch when iTunes is not open
- Fixes crashes when trying to import videos in certain circumstances
- Items purchased on iPods touch, iPhones, or iPads now have their tag information imported correctly instead of just showing a garbled name.
- Fixes rare circumstances where other songs import with garbled names.
- Added dialog offering a way to subscribe to the iRip mailing list
- Fixes crash on connect of iPod touch, iPhone, or iPad
- Logs iTunes version for crash reports
- Fixes crash on launch on 10.5
- Fixes crash after connecting an iPhone/iPod touch/iPad
- Now shows an appropriate error message when an iPod fails to load in Automatic mode
- Fixes importing of songs/playlists on 10.5
- Fixes a number of other crashers
- Previewing now works on iPhones/iPods touch/iPads while importing
- Support for transfer of advanced song options for iPhones and all iPods (stop time, start time, exclude from shuffle, bookmarkable, checked, EQ preset, media kind).
- Many general performance and reliability enhancements.
- Qualified for use with iPads.
- Support for viewing many more tags in manual mode; undesired tag columns can now also be hidden.
- Tracks that have been purchased directly on iPhones and iPods touch can now be transferred.
- Track previewing now works on iPhones, iPods touch, and the latest generation of iPods classic/nano.
- Smart and regular playlists can be recreated without importing the actual song files (option-click on the down arrow).
- Smart playlists from older iPods can now be recreated.
- Purchased playlist now actually shows only purchased songs, not every single song on the selected iPod.
- In certain cases, the star rating of songs was being imported incorrectly; this is fixed.
- When an iPod is forcibly disconnected during an automatic recovery, an error message is now displayed.
- When multiple iPods touch, iPhones, or iPads are connected, all of them now appear in the Welcome window pop-up button.
- In manual mode, songs are imported in the order they are sorted; in automatic mode, songs are imported after being sorted by artist and then by album.
- Column sorting behavior now more closely matches iTunes.
- Automatically detects crashes and offers to send them to the developer.
- Adds a new "Send Feedback…" item in the Help menu, and allows the user to send preferences, logs, system information, and user-specified comments.
- Special playlists added for Audiobooks, Ringtones, Rentals, Podcasts, and iTunes U (they won't show up if nothing is in those sections).
- Ringtones can now be ripped.
- Cancel button no longer flickers during Automatic Recovery.
- Menu item to retrieve lost licenses added to Help menu.
- Items with slashes in their name are now correctly ripped to a folder.
- Tracks with identical names are now all correctly ripped to a folder.
- Smart playlists can now be recreated as smart playlists in iTunes for the most recent generation of iPods (does not work on iPods w/o SQL databases).
- Destination field when ripping to a folder is no longer hidden in the prefs window after launch.
- Music videos now show up in the Music section.
- Tooltips for the source view of manual mode now correctly indicate what will happen.
- Disconnecting a non-touch iPod while in manual mode will now drop the user back to the Welcome window.
- Fix errant Console log line when clicking on an empty row in the source list or hovering over the playlists item in manual mode.
- Welcome window no longer moves vertically downward on launch after checking for connected iPods.
- Music videos now show icons to identify them as videos.
- Updated the registration process for serial entry.
- Fixed minor memory leak.
- Dramatically improved load times for iPods and iPhones with many playlists.
- Updated the interface for manual transfers.
- Changed the application name to 'iRip'.
- Changed the application icon.
- Added clearer sections to the manual interface.
- Increased reliability with transfers to iTunes.
- Fixed numerous minor bugs and issues.
- Updated Sparkle framework.
- Fixed a registration issue.
- Fixed a bug that caused iPhones and iPod Touches to not be named correctly.
- Fixed a lockup that sometimes occurred when loading an iPod.
- Updated to Sparkle 1.5.
- Added a new registration window that can be accessed from the menu bar at the top (select "iPodRip" then "Registration...").
- Fixed other minor issues.
- Fixed problem with disappearing column.
- Fixed a freeze that occurred at the loading screen with some iPods.
- Fixed a crash introduced with iPhone / iTouch 3.1.
- Added support for the iPhone 3.0 OS.
- Drag and drop support added to manual mode.
- Export to location added (open preferences to change the export location).
- Modified the registration system.
- iPodRip is now localized to Russian.
- iPodRip is now localized to Japanese.
- iPodRip is now localized to German, Italian, and Dutch.
- iPodRip is now localized to both Spanish and French!
- The welcome window is now cleaner.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when unplugging your iPod during an import.
- Internal playback changes--audio playback has been rewritten.
- Optimized load times for devices.
- Fixed a significant memory leak.
- Added a launch warning when iTunes is loading.
- Fixed a launch bug where iPodRip would not detect iPhones.
- Minor UI changes.
- Cleaned up dialogue text.
- Added iPhone and iPod Touch support.
- Cleaned up app internals.
- Registration is now easier and quicker.
- Fixed a crash when switching between manual and automatic modes.
- Fixed a crash with 10.4 when using manual mode.
- Fixed a bug that would cause some songs not to be copied.
- Known limitation: no iPhone audio playback.
- Added track information to automatic mode.
- Added progress bar to automatic mode.
- Fixed a bug preventing some users from getting all their playlists and songs.
- Fixed several memory leaks.
- Improved transfer performance.
- Other minor UI changes.
- Added playlist information to manual mode.
- Added right click menus to tables.
- Unplugging an iPod now causes iPodRip to respond appropriately.
- Several UI changes.
- Playlists now sort correctly according to a case-insensitive sort.
- Fixed a bug that caused some songs to not be named correctly.
- Fixed a crash related to canceling automatic recovery mode.
- Fixed a possible crash when playing music while importing songs at the same time.
- Browser table correctly updates after adding songs.
- Automatic recovery mode now pauses when asking for registration.
- Music now stops playing when the manual window is closed.
- Fixed an issue that prevented some users from registering.
- Fixed a crash related to automatic recovery.
- User defaults are now set correctly on launch.