Welcome to NeoFinder 7.0.1!
After the phenomenal success of NeoFinder 7.0, we have received a lot of feedback, and the first improvements have already been added to NeoFinder today.
New features and improvements of NeoFinder 7.0.1:
- You can now open or close a section in the Inspector by clicking into the section header
- NeoFinder will now write all file or folder comments back into the real items on disk, so the Apples Spotlight and Finder can use them, too.That only works for items that are online while the comment it changed in NeoFinder
- Color labels are now drawn without the gradient. That will make the display clearer
- NeoFinder now writes Adobe XMP data directly into PDF files, and no longer generates .xmp sidecar files for PDF files
- The Details View now shows interesting metadata for audio tracks, like the album title, genre, year, and such
- NeoFinder now uses the new EXIFTool 10.40
- Cataloging of Bundles or Packages is now much faster
- VOB files (".vob" suffix) are now considered movie files in the Find
- Fixes a problem in Mac OS X 10.10.x and newer when cataloging EyeTV recordings. These all work now, with metadata included
- Fixes a problem during cataloging, when NeoFinder encountered a read protected, private folder. These are now silently skipped
- Fixes a problem cataloging Finder label colors in Mac OS X 10.11 and 10.12. This will work properly now, and record the correct color
- Fixes a problem with Web Galleries for found items
- Fixes a problem with certain damaged ".textClipping" files during cataloging
- Fixes a problem cataloging certain Blu-ray movie disks
- Fixes a problem writing Adobe XMP data (ratings, keywords, and other fields), into certain file formats
- Fixes a problem in Mac OS X 10.7.x after finishing cataloging
- Fixes a possible problem when finding keywords
- Fixes possible problems with catalog folders and catalogs that contained "/" in their name
- Fixes a problem in Mac OS X 10.8.x when encountering certain malformed media files during cataloging
- Fixes a problem when reading AAC audio files created by "Nero for Windows". These contain some invalid data that could cause NeoFinder to fail
- Improved Swedish translation
- Many further improvements and little fixes
- NeoFinder 7.0.1 requires Mac OS X 10.7 or newer
NeoFinder (de.wfs-apps.neofinder) is a Mac software application that has been discovered and submitted by users of Software.com.
The latest version that our users have reported running on their systems is NeoFinder 7.0.1. The most popular version of this application used by our users is NeoFinder 6.2.1.
Operating System: Mac
Minimum OS version: 10.7
Bundle Information: 7.0.1, Copyright 1995-2017 Norbert M. Doerner, wfs