IMPORTANT: This version requires MacOS X 10.5.0 (Leopard) or later to run. If you are still on MacOSX 10.4 (Tiger) skip this version. If you wish to update to PDFClerk Pro 3.0 select skip this version, since the automatic install will fail. You can download the new version from our website and install it next to your current version if you wish.
PDFClerk Pro 3.0, the sequel to the PDFClerk 2.x series was written from the ground up to take advantage of Mac OS X 10.5's many improvements. It is both more efficient and more powerful, adding many new features to its repertoire, and improving on features it already performed well.
These are the main new features:
- New: PDF outlines (a.k.a. Boomarks): Create and edit outline items manually or automatically.
- New: PDF annotations: Mark up and collaborate on documents with ease.
- New: PDF forms: Create and edit interactive forms.
- New: PDF document encryption.
- New: Selectable and searchable document text.
- New: Thumbnail view for light-table style views of your documents.
- New: PDFClerk files can be exchanged without losing custom layouts.
- New: More powerful page and imposition layout features: incl. even/odd sheet margins and resizing media boxes.
- New: Speech: Have selected text or whole documents read back to you or saved to an audio file.
- New: Applescript: Automate repetitive tasks.
- New: Font info: the fonts used in selected text.
- New: Use the remote control to browse documents and/or present them fullscreen.
- New: More new features and many interface improvements.
While care has been taken to weed out any bugs and inconsistencies, and all features have been tested, this version is still considered to be in beta stage, hence some caution is advised if you use it for production work.
PDFClerk Pro 3.0 is a free upgrade for users who purchased previous versions on or after 2007-07-21. All other registered users can upgrade at a substantial discount. To upgrade either way, download and run PDFClerk Pro. When it finds your current license file it will guide you through the quick and easy upgrade steps.
- Fixed: Under certain circumstances multi-page PDF documents would fail to open.
- Fixed: Scrolling with a scroll-wheel or using the scroll-bar arrows would fail on some set-ups. It should now work again.
- New: When exploding a document to disk it is now possible to name the exploded files according to the source name of the pages.
- Fixed: Corrected a bug that could cause a crash on PPC machines when dragging files onto the Watermark preview area in the document settings.
- Fixed: Implemented workaround for a rendering problem with PDF pages whose media boxes have origins greater than (0, 0).
- Fixed: Corrected a bug could that result in the wrong sheet orientation when calculating step and repeat layouts with orientation set to automatic.
- Fixed: Implemented a workaround for a rounding error that could cause problems in some cases when rendering trim/bleed marks.
- New: Templates for setting display box sizes in the Display Box inspector.
- New: Templates for setting object size in the Metrics inspector
- New: When changing display box size the inspector indicates the difference relative to the previous size.
- New: Inspector now displays statistics about current object size vs original object size.
- New: Ability to copy text from selected source pages.
- New: Ability to export a file containing the text of the source document(s).
- Fixed: Reordering pages in the page list could cause the order in the document to be incorrect.
- Fixed: Some undo related issues.
- Fixed: Selection marker of resized PDF objects wasn't always drawn correctly.
- Fixed: Hit testing PDF objects was incorrect in some circumstances.
- Fixed: Some corrections to the help file.
- Fixed: Pages now respond better to resizing objects when growing/shrinking is allowed.
- New: Very flexible watermarks, footers, headers and other recurring patterns.
- New: Step and Repeat layout templates. (Powerful, flexible, yet simple to use.)
- New: Media Library for easy access to secondary source material.
- New: Trim and bleed marks can be derived from individual pages.
- New: Registration mark color can be user defined.
- New: You can drag selected text from other applications straight onto a page.
- New: Text files can be imported through the open and import dialogs.
- New: Additional toolbar items and other UI enhancements.
- New: Duplicate command now works in impositions editor.
- New: New imposition template options to (optionally) override document.
- Changed: The list of pages now sorts source names and labels like the finder does: digits are treated as numbers. This increases the usefulness of sorting on those columns.
- Fixed: Duplicate command now also works in the page list.
- Fixed: Dragging in the impositions editor's list of impositions is enabled again.
- Fixed: A glitch that could cause files created with some older versions of PDFClerk not to open correctly.
- Fixed: Text Boxes no longer contain extra space a their right edge.
- Changed: Brought input method for sheet thickness in creep settings tab of Document Settings dialog in line with rest of the UI.
- Fixed: Bug (introduced in version 2.7) in Impositions editor that prevented new page distribution layout to be remembered.
- Fixed: Bug (introduced in version 2.7) in Document Settings dialog that prevented changes to creep settings to work.
- New: Freehand drawing tool.
- New: Optional arrows and other end points for line objects.
- New: Triangle now turned into a proper polygon tool: create regular polygons with an arbitrary number of sides.
- New: Ability to change the source name of selected pages.
- New: Document navigation through Apple Remote.
- New: Duplicate command.
- Changed: Pages no longer forcibly create a white fill when generating a PDF document. So, if an original PDF page is transparent and it's color has not been adjusted in PDFClerk then it will remain transparent in the final PDF document produced by PDFClerk.
- Fixed: Page labels now draw correctly again when set to appear at top (bug introduced in PDFClerk 2.5).
- Fixed: Some undo related glitches.
- Fixed: No longer draws selection marks if there are selected objects while exporting to graphics file.
- Fixed: Copied text boxes now paste correctly again.
- Fixed: Glitch that could occur when creating text boxes.
- Fixed: PDF sources that specify a rotation are handled correctly again. (This bug was introduced in PDFClerk 2.5.).
- New: Added option to export PDFClerk document pages as graphics files.
- New: Added Automatic/Manual option to trim and bleed marks, greatly enhancing the scope of their usability.
- New: Added toolbar button for exporting as a single PDF document.
- New: Added Application Preference to choose between using File Name or PDF Title property as the source name in the page list.
- New: Streamlined updating powered by Sparkle.
- New: Added ⌘= as alternate to ⌘+ for zooming in.
- Changed: Changed slot size terminology “First Page Size (Dynamic)” to “First Page Size (Scaling)” to better represent what it does.
- Changed: It is now possible to type positive fractional values that are smaller than 1 into text boxes omitting the leading 0 (e.g. “.25").
- Changed: Revamped About Box.
- Changed: Updated Help File.
- Changed: New appearance of the demo mode watermark.
- Fixed: Now prints correctly when displaying the document in non-continuous mode.
- Fixed: Now remembers imposition mode when opening a PDFClerk file that was saved with the last imposition in the list of impositions.
- Fixed: The sheet size popup button in the Document Settings dialog would not correctly reflect the “Automatic” setting.
- Fixed: Sheet size was not remembered in between sessions of the same document.
- Fixed: Text boxes that have been resized manually no longer forget that fact when saving and opening a PDFClerk file.
- Fixed: A bug introduced in 2.5 that swapped the manual top/bottom display box margins when set in imposition templates. (This fixes templates, which had these boxes explicitly in v2.4 or earlier, not those last used with v2.5, in which case they have to be manually adjusted.)
- Fixed: A bug introduced in PDFClerk 2.5 that could cause text and graphics objects on pages to be misplaced when re-opening a previously saved file.
- Fixed: Bleed and trim marks are now drawn correctly on rotated pages.
- Fixed: A bug, introduced in v2.5, that could occasionally result in a crash when closing a document window.
- Fixed: It is no longer possible to move an object backwards behind the base layer of the page.
- Fixed: Theheight and width for a fixed slot size in an imposition template can no longer be set to 0.
PDFClerk (com.sintraworks.pdfclerk) is a Mac software application that has been discovered and submitted by users of Software.com.
The latest version that our users have reported running on their systems is PDFClerk 3.0.
Operating System: Mac
Default Install Path: /Applications/PDFClerk.app