Peek-a-Boo Version Information
- Stability fixes.
- Improved Process List sorting.
- Fixed several stability and build issues in Peek-a-Boo ST (that were not relevant to the Mac App Store version of Peek-a-Boo).
- A Mac App Store version of Peek-a-Boo has been created, which includes most of the features of Peek-a-Boo ST (the non Mac App Store version).
- Several user-interface bugs when running under Mac OS X 10.7 Lion have been fixed.
- Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) is now required.
- Peek-a-Boo is now an Intel-only application (with no PowerPC support).
- Several minor documentation fixes.
- Some minor user-interface cleanup.
- Miscellaneous bugs have been fixed.
- Improvements in Process Throb for the “speed” of 64-bit processes.
- Increasing stability and better internal handling of the list of processes.
- Some clarifications in filenames and descriptions of UI features.
- Showing each CPU core’s usage in the System Information window (Command-3).
- Trying out HUD windows for various process information windows.
- Miscellaneous bug fixes and deprecated API cleanup.
- Fixed an (embarrassing) oversight where Peek-a-Boo failed on some Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger systems.
- Other minor bug fixes in Process Throb.
- Fixed a couple bugs in Process Throb when running on Snow Leopard.
- The Process List window has had minor cosmetic updates.
- Log file bug fix: no more spurious negative numbers.
- Other minor bug fixes and updates.
Snow Leopard (Mac OS X 10.6) was the catalyst for a number of enhancements in Peek-a-Boo 2.8.
- Many processes in Snow Leopard run in 64-bit mode (on supported machines), so 64-bit processes are now detected.
- Memory usage of processes, especially that of 64-bit processes, is now tracked more accurately.
- The Process Throb window works better with 64-bit processes.
- Snow Leopard has changed some of the underpinnings of process management; Peek-a-Boo 2.8 has been updated to work properly with these system changes.
- Improved crash reporting. (We hope crashes are rare, but if they do happen we would like to hear about them.)
- Miscellaneous minor usability enhancements
- Underlying architectural enhancements should increase stability.
- Process Throb icons can now be customized so their size can correspond either to the process CPU usage or the process memory usage. (The Process Throb icon velocity then corresponds to the other attribute.)
- Miscellaneous bug fixes.
- Stability fixes
- Minor bug fixes and enhancements
- Tool tip enhancements
- Minor performance improvements
- Other miscellaneous minor bug fixes
- Window borders have been eliminated; they now have a nicer look.
- Minor bug fix: smooth out some rare quirky behavior in the autoupdate mechanism.
- Minor bug fixes to the personalization mechanism.
- Fix occasional crash at quit.
- The Process List view can now show the number of threads in each process.
- Peek-a-Boo has a new icon.
- Due to popular demand, the ability to invoke sample has been added.
- Higher-resolution icon has been added to help support OS X 10.5 Leopard’s resolution independence.
- Other miscellaneous user experience enhancements
- Improved CPU Usage window readability when CPU usage is level.
- Minor documentation enhancements.
- Leopard-related fix: update process ID validity check to include Leopard’s range.
- Minor Leopard-related fixes.
- Minor System Information Window fixes.
- Each Process Throb icon’s velocity is based on the virtual memory it uses. This makes memory-intensive processes more obvious since they are moving more quickly.
- Miscellaneous bug fixes and enhancements.
- Peek-a-Boo 2.7 windows now look more consistent.
- Several Leopard-related refinements.
- The memory column in the process list window can now be sorted by physical memory in addition to virtual memory; see the preferences pane to set this.
- Miscellaneous bug fixes and enhancements.
For information about earlier versions, visit Peek-a-Boo’s version history page.
Peek-a-Boo ST (com.clarkwood.peekaboo) is a Mac software application that has been discovered and submitted by users of Software.com.
The latest version that our users have reported running on their systems is Peek-a-Boo ST 13785. The most popular version of this application used by our users is Peek-a-Boo ST 100.
Operating System: Mac
Minimum OS version: 10.6
Bundle Information: Peek-a-Boo version 2.9.3, Copyright 1993-2014 Clarkwood Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved.