New with 2.6.1 -Released on Jan 31 2017
- Restored compatibility with OS X 10.6 (Snow leopard) :-)
- Transport window now looks fine on retina displays.
- Large Sysex MIDI messages are now handled correctly.
- Fixed a last minute bug which occurred on version 2.6 when exporting to movie.
- PDF thumbnails were not displayed on Mac OS Sierra (Apple bug #27457412). Fixed.
- Restored french localization of karaoke window.
New with 2.5.12 -Released on Nov 26 2016
- Fixed a bug (corrupted synced text) while exporting to MP3.
New with 2.5.11 -Released on Sep 23 2016
- Added support for AIFF/WAV tags.
- Added (read only) support for WinLive WAV lyrics and chords tags.
- Fixed a crash that could occur on MacOS Sierra with the library window.
New with 2.5.9 -Released on Aug 09 2016
New with 2.5.8 -Released on Aug 02 2016
- Added (read only) support for WinLive MP3 lyrics and chords tags.
- Mac OS X Snow Leopard (10.6) is no longer supported.
- Better handling of USE FOR DRUM PART sysex.
- The library could freeze when selecting a folder with many nested folders. Fixed.
- Some UI controls were not displayed correctly on OS X 10.11 El Capitan. Fixed.
- Various bugs fixes and optimizations.
New with 2.5.7 -Released on Apr 07 2016
- Added support for UTF-8 encoded MIDI files.
- Added Reed-Solomon error correction on CDG files.
- Some CDG commands were not handled correctly. Fixed.
- Since version 2.5, exporting a MIDI karaoke file as movie did not work correctly. Fixed.
New with 2.5.6 -Released on Feb 08 2016
- Fixed random crashes occurring with corrupted CDG files.
- If the LAME framework was not installed, QMidi did crash when exporting as movie a MP3 file. Fixed.
New with 2.5.5 -Released on Jan 27 2016
- Sometimes the chords of the last song were not cleared when loading a new song without chords. Fixed.
- MIDI tracks played even if disabled in the library options. Fixed.
- MIDI patches randomly not set correctly on external devices with "Start from first note" option activated. Fixed.
- When using a unique external MIDI device, crossfade between MIDI files was not handled correctly. Fixed.
- If the LAME framework was not installed, QMidi did crash when exporting as movie a pitch/rate modified MP3. Fixed.
- Fixed random crashes when playing movies. Smoother video playback.
- Restored mixer window drag & drop.
- Restored karaoke window localization.
- PDF documents were sometimes not displayed correctly. Fixed.
- Various bugs fixes and optimizations.
New with 2.5-Released on Dec 11 2015
- Movies are now displayed on the two windows simultaneously.
- You can now add synced text to movies.
- You can now paste/drag images to rich text documents.
- You can now use the "Find" menu to quickly select the library (or front playlist document) search field.
- MP3 export via LAME framework download.
- Undefined MIDI patches are now greyed in the MIDI mixer.
- Added animated line scroll mode on karaoke text.
- Added some useful applescript commands.
- Just drag a text or PDF file over the karaoke window to link it with the current song.
- Added MIDI Thru: Incoming MIDI messages are now routed to the current MIDI output.
Pro version only:
- You can now easily crossfade your MIDI, audio and video media.
- Added metronome with precount and user specified audio channel output.
- You can now manually preload the next song to play.
- Various bugs fixes and optimizations.
New with 2.4.6-Released on Nov 17 2015
- Mac OS X Leopard (10.5) is no longer supported.
- On OS X 10.11 (El Capitan), file drag & drop on the karaoke window did not work anymore. Fixed.
- On OS X 10.11 (El Capitan), some videos were not displayed correctly. Fixed.
- Various bugs fixes and optimizations.
New with 2.4.5-Released on Sep 16 2015
- Chords count was not properly computed when using fixed font size. Solved.
- Fixed an incompatibility with OS X 10.11 "El Capitan".
New with 2.4.4-Released on Jun 27 2015
- Improved the feature of locating a moved playlist/library file.
- Better handling of serial code insertion.
New with 2.4.3-Released on May 28 2015
- QMidi sometimes crashed after exporting a MIDI file as MIDI. Fixed.
- Some fields of the library were not properly localized. Fixed.
- Removed lyrics search menu because LyrDB server is down.
- Other bugs fixes and optimizations.
New with 2.4.2-Released on March 6 2015
- When saving karaoke text on disk while in edit mode, synchronization was lost. Fixed.
- Lyrics containing non ISO Latin 1 characters where skipped when exporting as MIDI. They are now replaced with the question mark.
New with 2.4.1-Released on December 6 2014
- Added mute groups on MIDI mixer.
- Since version 2.3.11, genre was cleared when editing a MIDI file information in the library. Fixed.
New with 2.4-Released on September 1 2014
- Now signed with version 2 signature as required by OS X 10.9.5 and later (Yosemite).
- PPC architecture is no longer supported.
New with 2.3.11-Released on August 19 2014
- Added support for site licenses.
- Added read only support for M-LIVE MIDI tags.
New with 2.3.10-Released on April 22 2014
- Modifying and saving synced text while in edit mode did not work properly. Fixed.
- Fixed a crash that sometimes occurred when exporting as audio.
New with 2.3.9-Released on April 02 2014
- Fixed a critical bug that occurred when setting library tags.
- Since version 2.3.8, default encoding Windows ISO 1 was not remembered between sessions. Fixed.
New with 2.3.8-Released on March 3 2014
- Exporting as movie: far better video compression. Format and compression settings are now user configurable.
- Using the return key to sync will now scroll the current sync to the middle of the window.
- Now using Windows ISO 1 encoding as factory setting (was Mac OS Roman).
- On OS X 10.9 Mavericks, synced PDF documents were not displayed/exported correctly. Fixed.
- Fixed an error ("The document xxx could not be saved"), which occurred while saving a file outside the home directory.
- Sometimes, after cancelling a quit, QMidi did crash when launching another song. Fixed.
- Sometimes, after exporting a file in a new format to the same directory, the original file was deleted. Fixed.
- Until version 2.3.4, smf "end of file" errors were ignored. Restored this behavior.
- Other bug fixes.
New with 2.3.6-Released on January 20 2014
- In version 2.3.5, a 500ms delay was erroneously applied tochords. Fixed.
New with 2.3.5-Released on January 18 2014
- Better handling of m-live (MidiSoft) sysex chords.
- An error -111 was returned when opening some MIDI files. Fixed.
- Fixed a critical bug that occurred when searching some playlist documents.
New with 2.3.4-Released on November 30 2013
- Fixed a critical bug that occurred when opening some playlist documents.
New with 2.3.3-Released on November 23 2013
- After editing text in sync mode, the new line character was always cleared. Fixed.
- Some file names were not displayed correctly in playlist documents. Fixed.
- Exporting as movie sometimes returned an error -1. Fixed.
- Other minor bug fixes.
New with 2.3.2-Released on August 1 2013
- Since version 2.3, chords were not transposed correctly in some cases. Fixed.
- Minor bug fixes.
New with 2.3.1-Released on July 22 2013
- The “ChordPro” export choice was not correctly localized in the french and italian languages. Fixed.
- Since version 2.3, in some cases, the master volume was set after a short delay. Fixed.
- Starting from version 2.3, playing an audio file with a slave midi file did crash QMidi Pro. Fixed.
New with 2.3-Released on July 8 2013
- Much faster song start.
- Added visual feedback of chords duration.
- Better chords spacing calculation.
- Added LRC and LRC+ file support and export.
- Added ChordPro file export.
- Added Yamaha XF chord support.
- You can now shift/delete multiple events at once in sync mode.
Music Device Editor:
- Added a button to show the SoundFont folder.
- The SoundFont popup menu is now updated in real time.
- Fixed a crash which could occur while exporting as AAC.
- Since version 2.2.5, syncing a PDF did not update the dirty state of the document. Fixed.
- On OS X 10.8, some windows state were not remembered between sessions. Fixed.
- Mirror window was not updated when syncing chords. Fixed.
New with 2.2.5-Released on March 13 2013
- You can set custom font size on lists.
- You can now merge synced text as SYLT frame on native MP3 files.
- Columns sizes are now saved in document playlists.
- MIDI sync did not work with multitrack movie files. Fixed.
- If you closed a karaoke window while in fullscreen mode, the menu bar was hidden on subsequent launch. Fixed.
- Fixed a rare bug on encoding manager.
- Exporting as movie a synced PDF file did not work. Fixed.
New with 2.2.2-Released on December 26 2012
- Additional MIDI drum part(s) are now recognized and properly handled.
- Lyrics search did freeze QMidi until server reply: Fixed this issue and added a 30 second timeout for queries.
- Since version 2.2, pitch/tempo change did not update the dirty state of the playlist document. Fixed.
New with 2.2.1-Released on November 29 2012
- Since version 2.2, after loading a movie, QMidi didn't work anymore. Fixed.
New with 2.2-Released on November 28 2012
- You can now syncmultipage PDF documents with your audio/MIDI files.
- Added "Chain Play" and "Loop" menu items.
- You can now use bigger font size on lists.
- Movies with no audio track were not loaded. Fixed.
- Entering long user name in the registration dialog did quit QMidi. Fixed.
New with 2.1.2 -Released on August 20 2012
- Since version 2.1, window state was not remembered between sessions. Fixed.
- Inserting a number in the "Genre" field could freeze the library. Fixed.
- Filtering by clicking an item in the "Genre" column browser did not work on playlists. Fixed.
- Some M-Live karaoke files could be out of sync. Fixed.
New with 2.1.1 -Released on June 20 2012
- You can now paste multiple rows/chords at a time in sync view.
- Inserting a chord longer than 32 characters did crash QMidi. Fixed.
New with 2.1 -Released on June 11 2012
- Chords can now be edited!
- Added the "Split words" and "Turtle mode" features for easier word syncing.
- Karaoke scroll bar visibility can now be toggled by menu.
- M-Live (MidiSoft) syllabled karaoke is now supported.
- Now code signing using our Apple Developer ID certificate to add support for Gatekeeper in OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion).
- Mac OS X Tiger (10.4) is no longer supported.
- Miscellaneoussmall bug fixes and enhancements.
New with 188.8.131.52
- Starting from version 2.0.4, some SoftKaraoke files were not correctly recognized. Fixed.
New with 184.108.40.206
- Starting from version 2.0.4, some MidiSoft files did not work anymore . Fixed.
New with 2.0.5
- Fixed audio/movie master volume.
New with 2.0.4
- The lyrics synchronization is now much better maintained while modifying text in "Edit" mode.
- Yamaha XG Chord Control sysexes are now supported.
- Pitch and rate are now copied when dragging an item from a playlist to another.
- Added the "load selected track" script command.
- Fixed a crash which could occur on Lion when exporting a MIDI file.
- Searching a composer inside a library playlist did not work properly. Fixed.
- Music Device volume offset is now handled as expected.
New with 2.0.3
Added French Localization.
- Fixed error -10852 on Lion which occurred when exporting MIDI to Audio.
- On multitrack QuickTime movies, only the first two audio tracks were played. Fixed.
- Opening a file by dropping it on the application icon did not work properly if QMidi was not already launched. Fixed.
- Fixed a crash that occurred on OS X 10.4 when exporting a movie.
- Starting with version 2.0.2, synced MIDI files were not stopped properly. Fixed.
New with 2.0.2
Added an option in the preferences to deactivate the "All Sounds Off" message on stop.
- The "Start Time" library option did not work properly. Fixed.
- DLS Sound Bank could not be changed in Lion. Fixed.
- The "Start from First Note" MIDI player option could cause some problems. Fixed.
- QMidi could crash randomly after closing a legacy playlist. Fixed.
- "All sound off" was erroneously sent at the end of a MIDI song. Fixed.
- On OS X 10.4, dropping files on an empty playlist did not work. Fixed.
- Quitting QMidi while playing a MIDI file could sometimes crash the MIDI Server. Fixed
New with 2.0.1
- Master volume sysex messages were not properly filtered. Fixed.
- MIDI transport did not work properly. Fixed.
- Mute/Solo buttons were not drawn properly on some systems. Fixed.
- Some audio files were loaded as movies. Fixed.
- Fixed a crash during export which occurred when using non-ASCII characters in the saved file name.
- Fixed a crash caused by memory leak during file scan.
- Deleting a large number of items from the library was not handled correctly. Fixed.
New with 2.0
- Totally rewritten using Cocoa/Objective-C !!!
- Added Library window.
- Undo/Redo support on many features.
- Text karaoke to movie conversion.
- ID3 lyrics support.
- Time stretch and pitch transpose also on movies.
- Added support for many foreign text encodings.
- Apple Html Help.
- FLAC format support.
- ... and more!
- Play audio/video and MIDI in sync (requires Mac OS X 10.5 or later).
- MTC (MIDI Time code) sync.