- Intel-based* Mac with 64-bit processor - Core i3+ recommended
- Operating Systems
◊ macOS Sierra 10.12
◊ OS X El Capitan 10.11
◊ OS X Yosemite 10.10
- Minimum 2 GB RAM
- 20 GB hard drive
- Quartz Extreme compatible graphics card** and display required for preview
- Online Help browser requirements:
- Cameras using the HDV codec are not supported
*Intel GMA chips are unable to support Motion Blur and some Callout features
**ScreenFlow requires a GPU officially supported by Apple
Major Changes in 6.2.1
- Added - Publish to Vimeo: Add 2k/4k option
- Fixed - ScreenFlow does not support the Photos directory structure
- Fixed - Color Controls add black bar border around video on canvas
- Fixed - Exporting project while Text Box or Annotation is highlighted/selected will export asset as being highlighted
- Fixed - Pressing the escape key on the Recording Complete window causes the recording to be discarded
- Fixed - Incorrect scratch disk targeting
- Fixed - Last frame not always displayed in project after playback in timeline
- Fixed - MAS ScreenFlow is not writing to the designated Scratch Disk Folder
Minor Changes in 6.2.1
- Fixed - ScreenFlow does not display a progress meter after duplicating a project, making it appear unresponsive
- Fixed - Cannot move timeline scrubber after opening a version 4 document in version 6 software.
- Fixed - Imported media file displays border after Brightness adjustment.
- Fixed - Timeline seconds not showing after 1 minute mark
- Fixed - Manual entry of numerical value kills keyboard playback shortcut
- Fixed - Duplicate Screenflow project with an MP3 file, the audio in the duplicate file cannot be heard
- Fixed - Text clips not editable and freeze frame not visible in preview
- Fixed - Publish to Youtube limited to 60 character title
- Fixed - Update / correct documentation regarding inspector keyboard shortcuts.
- Fixed - Error message that pops up when a value of null is entered for canvas resolution was updated to be more informative
Major Changes & Bug Fixes in 6.2
- Lowered default GIF export preset Framerate from 30FPS to 15FPS
- Fixed - Text cursor flashing when recorded by ScreenFlow on macOS Sierra
- Fixed - Audio cuts out while editing
- Fixed - Audio drops during playback while waveforms are still drawing
Minor Changes & Bug Fixes in 6.2
- Fixed - Audio Meter stops responding after switching between the secondary and main recording window
- Fixed - Sometimes ScreenFlow 6 would crash when opening ScreenFlow 5 project
- Fixed - Improved messaging when customer is activating a refunded license
- Fixed - Partial screen recording does not remember last position in a new recording
- Fixed - Code sign release disk image
- Fixed - Screenflow crash when accidentally setting text field margin to "0"
- Fixed - Shadow applied to GIF with Transparency remains static after 1st frame
- Fixed - Import GIF's at correct duration
- Fixed - Internal Recording Error - Partial Screen Capture
- Fixed - ChromaKey applied to GIF prevents playback
- Fixed - Resetting Text Box to Default also resets the Text Box contents
- Fixed - Background canvas color not exported for ProRes 422, 422HQ and 422LT
- Fixed - Shortcut keys to mark in/out points no longer work
Major Changes in 6.1
- Optimized Animated GIF support
◊ Implemented two pass encoding for GIF export
◊ Implemented dithering methods ‘Error Diffusion’ and ‘Ordered’
◊ Added dithering Strength - Low, Medium, and High for additional customization capability
◊ Implemented: Playback ‘Loop’ preference in GIF encoder
◊ Added 5 & 10 fps Framerate options for GIF export
◊ Fixed - Animated GIF produces inaccurate colors
◊ Fixed - Default GIF export looks bad
◊ Fixed - GIF motion has a weird trail after it
◊ Fixed - GIF Loop only Loops in Safari
◊ Fixed - GIF export hangs mid-way
◊ Fixed - Export to Animated GIF flickers
◊ Fixed - Artifacts in GIF export
- macOS Sierra 10.12
◊ Added support for macOS Sierra
◊ Fixed - Batch Export does not display export progress bars
◊ Fixed - Partial screen recording resolution selection incorrect when front end is on secondary display
◊ Fixed - Screen Recording cursor displays incorrectly
◊ Disabled 'Show Tab Bar' View menu item for Batch Export window
- Screen Recording Show Keystrokes - *In order to fix this, we had to break the ScreenFlow document format. This means that ScreenFlow documents created in version 6.1 will no longer open in version 6.0
◊ Fixed - Keystrokes may not display on cropped canvas
◊ Added option ‘Attached To Clip’ - this is the default and will behave as 6.0 and below did. If 'Attached To Clip’ is unchecked, the key display will attach to the canvas instead
◊ Added ‘Width’ option for keystroke background
◊ Fixed - Runtime Error from attempting to add Text Box or Annotations after altering Show Keystrokes in French/German
Minor Changes & Bug Fixes in 6.1
- Fixed - Push transition reversing direction for Left to Right and Right to Left
- Fixed - Purchasing method can result in blank store window
- Fixed - Media Library search is case sensitive
- Fixed - Spacebar does not function for Play/Pause if Media Library is selected
- Fixed - Crop Enter and Esc keys do not work after selecting the canvas area
- Fixed - Audio Inspector UI elements can be pushed out of view space
- Fixed - Audio channels reverse sides when played back in Reverse
- Implemented the ability to adjust audio pan to multiple clips at a time, provided that they have the same number of audio channels
- Fixed - Runtime Error from attempting to solo audio of 3+ selected clips
- Fixed - Panning Options are missing from Audio Mix drop down menu
- Fixed - SF5 projects with Mix to Mono enabled have incorrect channel configuration in SF6
- Fixed - Audio panning dial does not update to reflect undo / redo action until clip is deselected and reselected
- Fixed - No longer able to solo audio channels
- Fixed - Clip Empty Path console event thrown when audio clip is Muted
- Fixed - Waveform does not redraw after adding audio snapback action
- Fixed - All snapback actions are causing audio waveform redraw
- Fixed - Waveforms do not redraw to reflect ducking & mixing after audio action
- Fixed - Exported audio is distorted if exported while waveforms are drawing
- Fixed - Mix Audio properties playback in default configuration after adding video action to clip
- Fixed - Recording only computer audio creates a document with resolution 1x1
- Fixed - Dual Displays: Recording of smaller resolution display has canvas of larger resolution display
- Fixed - Using an external monitor as main monitor will break pointer recording on built in display
- Fixed - Mouse pointer not recording
- Fixed - Recording Monitor displays a Negative (-) number for countdown
- Fixed - Recording countdown timer able to stop counting down
- Fixed - Editing Corner Round produces Runtime Error in localized versions
- Fixed - Default Action Curve tooltip in Preferences is not localized
- Fixed - Wistia Publishing is either failing with error 400 or uploads a .bin file
- Fixed - TS Cloud store credentials in keychain is cut off in localized versions
- Fixed - Scrubber does not move on timeline & hangs when editing
- Fixed - No audio playback from Nested clip
- Fixed - Touch callouts are made smaller and moved after clip is nested
- Fixed - Video filters add visual artifacts to export and playback of nested clip
- Fixed - Replacing clip creates an invalid clip on Timeline in certain use case
- Fixed - Runtime error after reverting project changes
- Fixed - Runtime Error produced after deleting clip from timeline
- Fixed - Crashing on Export after confirming output directory
- Fixed - Running a Batch Export causes a Runtime Error and crash
- Fixed - Crashing when opening a specific project
- Fixed - Crash from closing ScreenFlow 6.1 document containing audio
- Fixed - Crash when starting recording from Helper with application closed
- Implemented a warning message that gets thrown if the user selects a FAT16/32 formatted volume as the scratch volume
- Updated the Carbon Component Manager
- Removed the Video Filter 'Masked Variable Blur’ as it did not do anything
- Changed the Linear curve type to be a “true” linear animation
New Features in 6.0
- Partial Screen Capture – Record any part of your screen.Capture just a single application window, define a region, or record the entire desktop.
- iOS Audio Monitoring – Now you can listen to your iOS devices audio WHILE you are capturing and recording it!Great for mobile games, app developers, musicians – anyone who needs to demo an app where audio is a crucial part of the operation.
- Loop Recording – Set ScreenFlow to create a rolling recording buffer so you will be able to record for hours without taking up all your hard drive space.When you stop the recording, ScreenFlow will only keep the configured number of minutes of recorded footage you told it to remember.Helpful for reporting of intermittent computer or application issues, or for use when gaming to share that big moment!
- Multi-Channel Audio Mixer – ScreenFlow now sees and records multiple audio channel inputs from USB mixers.Record up to 16 discreet audio channels from a single USB input, then mix and adjust them separately in ScreenFlow’s inspector.
- Extract Audio Channels – Now you can pull out any audio channel into it’s own track.Great for isolating audio channels or inputs inside multi-channel audio clips
- Redesigned Countdown Overlay – ScreenFlow will now tell you exactly what sources are going to be recorded while it counts down to start the recording.No more last minute guessing!
- Redesigned Waveforms – Audio waveforms are now drawn using a new implementation for better performance and more accuracy.
Improved and Streamlined Editing Improvements
- Updated and Improved User Interface – We’ve added new icons in the timeline and canvas for greater control.Now you can mute your video or audio on a track independently, use a quick access pop-up to set your project dimensions, and mute your audio monitors with a new headphone button.
- New Motion Tab for Animation Effects – Choose from three all new motion-animated effects: Spring, Gravity, and Pulse.Simply click to apply them to your clips and create professional looking animations without the hassle of selecting key frames or writing custom code.
- New Motion Curves – We’ve added exponential curve types, both in and out, for more dynamic effects and animations!
- New Video Property: Corner Matte – Now you can easily add an attractive matte to your video clips and images by rounding their corners and hard edges using a slider in the video properties tab.
- More Canvas Control: Pan and Grab – You can now hold the space-bar to click and grab the canvas to move around the view.Great for easily moving small increments or inspecting visual elements in close detail.
- Replace Clips within the Timeline – Swap clips in the timeline without changing the overall duration of a segment or the need to re-do the changes already applied to the clip.
- Ability to Set Default Curve Type – Now you can choose the curve type you use most often to be your default when adding new actions or motions to clips.
- Easier Re-Sizing in Canvas – ScreenFlow 6 now automatically locks the aspect ratio of clips, images, and text in the timeline so you can quickly resize them without squeezing or scrunching them into odd aspect ratios, or needing to hold down the Shift key. (An option in the preferences allows you to revert to how previous versions behaved if you desire).
New Export and Publish Capabilities
- Animated GIF Export – Create GIFs right from your ScreenFlow projects.It’s easy to export great looking short animations for the web, memes, tutorials or social networking!
- Publish to Telestream Cloud – Direct publishing to Telestream Cloud, our on-demand, pay-as-you-go, encoding service.Export from ScreenFlow to Telestream Cloud, then create as many different formats and versions of your video that you need!This enables you to make a single master copy, then let our online transcoder create all of your deliverables in one shot!
- ProRes 422 and 422 LT Export – We’ve added more ProRes profiles for greater control over the size and quality of your project outputs.
- Export Progress Over Dock Icon – Quickly determine how much time is left on your exports with a handy progress bar displayed on top of the ScreenFlow icon in the dock.
Version 6.0 also contains hundreds of bug fixes as well as other improvements to the efficiency of the user interface.
ScreenFlow (com.vara.screenflow) is a Mac software application that has been discovered and submitted by users of Software.com.
The latest version that our users have reported running on their systems is ScreenFlow 28782. The most popular version of this application used by our users is ScreenFlow 11119.
Operating System: Mac
Minimum OS version: 10.5.0
Bundle Information: 1.5.2, Copyright 2009 Telestream Inc.
Copyright: Copyright (c) 2009 Telestream Inc. All rights reserved.