After much anticipation we’re pleased to say that the new version of Silverback — the most popular usability testing application for the Mac — is now available to download on the App Store.
As the App Store doesn’t allow for upgrade pricing, we’re offering everybody the "upgrade price"of $39.99 or £29.99. This will go up to the full price of $79.99 or £59.99 on the 17th July, so it’s worth grabbing your copy now.
Silverback 3 has been redesigned and rebuilt from the ground up to take advantage of the latest Apple hardware and software. It’s now faster and more powerful than ever before.
We’ve listened to your feedback and added a number of great new features, including the ability to define user tasks and add/edit highlights before export. We’ve also created a FREE iPhone helper app so you can add your observations on the fly.
The existing version of Silverback 2 will remain available as a FREE and unsupported shareware product. So we hope it will give you many happy hours of testing.
Silverback 2.x Release Notes
Please note that Silverback no longer supports Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger or PowerPC Macs.
19 September 2013
- This release provides additional warnings for incompatibility issues.
01 August 2013
- Resolves a reported issue with video going out of sync on long sessions.
17 April 2013
- Adds support documentation for settings to use when capturing Keynote presentations.
16 April 2013
- Fixes an issue where a project would fail to export if event data was out of sequence.
- Adds support for capturing alpha-blended screen data.
7 November 2012
- Fixes an issue where sessions couldn’t be previewed or exported when “Show mouse clicks” was switched off in preferences.
29 October 2012
- Developer ID added for compatibility with Gatekeeper on Mountain Lion
- Fixes a bug that could cause the mouse cursor to stop moving during recorded drags
- Resolves two minor memory leaks
15 October 2012
- Changes to screen size during recordings is now supported
- New recovery mode for recovering corrupt sessions
- Session duration correctly updates in the UI after a session recording on Mac OS X 10.8
- Fixes a bug which affected the position and appearance of the cursor
3 September 2012
- Prevents Time Machine from attempting to backup a session whilst it is being recorded
- Improved support for third party capture devices which compress audio
20 July 2012
- Better handles a situation where the camera becomes unavailable during a recording
- Explicitly prevents sleep during recording
15 May 2012
- Using H.264 codec for file exports instead of Apple Animation
- Fixes an issue where very long sessions would fail to export
- Fixes an issue where Silverback would become unstable when the menu button on an Apple remote was pressed while a session was paused
31 Jan 2012
- Fixes a bug causing installation failure Mac OS X 10.6
- Fixes a bug causing crash on export of individual tasks
10 Aug 2011
- Fixes a bug affecting Mac OS X 10.5 users
- Fixes an issue with video capture
- Recordings can be paused and restarted by pressing ‘⌘ ⌥ ⌃ F1’
- Recordings can be stopped by pressing ‘⌘ ⌥ ⌃ F2’
- Tasks can be created by pressing ‘⌘ ⌥ ⌃ F11’
- Highlights can be added by pressing ‘⌘ ⌥ ⌃ F12’
- Documentation updated to include new keyboard shortcuts
5 Aug 2011
- Now compatible with Mac OS X 10.7 Lion
- Fixed an issue with video capture on Mac OS X 10.7
- Fixed an issue when exporting highlights with no iSight video
- Various UI changes for Lion
- No longer supports Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger
- No longer supports PowerPC Macs
20 Dec 2010
- Fixed an issue where exporting with no iSight video caused application to crash.
- Fixed issue where export from sessions recorded with external monitor attached caused application to crash.
- Fixed other issues which caused application to crash when exporting sessions.
25 May 2010
- Added session preview functionality
- Added tasks and task export features
- Added highlights and highlight export features
- Added batch export feature
- Added ability to export session notes
- Improved performance issues in some configurations
- Resolved problem preventing users registering on Snow Leopard
- Improved overall compatibility with Snow Leopard
- Improved overall stability when exporting sessions
- Fixed issue where Silverback would crash during exports of long sessions
- Fixed peculiar scrollbar behavior when editing session notes
- NOTE: When using Snow Leopard you should update to at least 10.6.2
- Fixed syncing issues
- Fixed audio issue when "Capture iSight video and audio" was unchecked in preferences
- Fixed files disappearing when non-alphanumeric characters were used in session name
- Added bulk export functionality for whole project or selected sessions (multiple select or export option)
- Silverback menu bar icon flashes when Apple Remote is used
- Added translated GUI buttons
- iMovie compatibility option added
- Fixed syncing Issues
- Fixed Apple remote chapter marker setting
- Fixed cancelling export bug
- Improved export speed
- Reduced exported file sizes
- Improved memory handling
- Fixed chapter marker bug
- Fixed intermittent exporting bugs
- Improved multi-threading support
- Added Export menu item
- Added tooltips.
- Minor adjustments to export labels.
- Improved cleanup of temporary files.
- Improved error handling when exports fail.
- Export speed improved significantly.
- Added localization infrastructure.
Silverback (com.clearleft.silverback) is a Mac software application that has been discovered and submitted by users of Software.com.
The latest version that our users have reported running on their systems is Silverback 539. The most popular version of this application used by our users is Silverback 524.
Default Install Path: /Applications/Silverback.app
Bundle Information: Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Clearleft Ltd.
Copyright: Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Clearleft Ltd.