What's new in 2.6.0
Note: Soulver now requires at least macOS 10.10 Yosemite, or later.
- Compatibility with macOS 10.12 (Sierra), including support for the new tabs feature.
- This version of Soulver can now access iCloud Drive on 10.12 Sierra (previously support was limited to only the App Store version).
- Switched to the new Belorussian Ruble currency symbol (BYN).
What's new in 2.5.6
- Fixed a bug where labels & headings would be shown in bold italic when they should only be bold.
- Fixed a bug with stock symbols that included a trailing number in European locales.
- Removed some Baltic currencies that have been replaced by the Euro (LTL & LVL).
What's new in 2.5.5
- Fixed an issue with unit calculations related to dividing units.
- Fixed a rare crash when closing a document.
- Updated Chinese (simplified) localisation.
What's new in 2.5.3:
Note: Soulver now requires at least Mac OS 10.8 or later.
- Compatibility with 10.11 El Capitan.
- Numerous minor tweaks & improvements for El Capitan.
- Fixed the crashing bug on El Capitan.
What's new in 2.5.2:
Note: Soulver now requires at least Mac OS 10.7 or later.
- Numerous minor engine improvements.
- Fixed a bug where some stocks were not updating.
What's new in 2.5.0:
- Compatibility with 10.10 Yosemite.
- Some other minor improvements.
What's new in 2.4.7:
- Fixed a crashing bug related to line references that was introduced in the last update.
What's new in 2.4.6:
- Switched to BitcoinAverage for Bitcoin rates.
- Fixed an issue where the rates for MNT (Mongolian Tegreg) were not accurate.
- An answer token will now show a warning when the line it refers to is deleted.
- Fixed a bug where undo would not work correctly when using line references.
- Percentages are no longer added with regular numbers in the total.
- Misc improvements to Soulver’s calculation engine.
What's new in 2.4.5:
- Added the Bitcoin currency (BTC)
- Added a "Copy Total" menu item
- Added a preference to control the parenthesis color.
- Added a preference to control whether closing quotation marks are automatically added.
- Fixed the base currency popup in the Numbers window.
- Smart quotes are disabled by default now.
- Fixed an issue where some currencies would not work in lower case.
- Fixed some crashes.
What's new in 2.4.4:
- Optimisations for Mavericks.
- Fixed an issue with opening Soulver 1 documents.
- Fixed problem with certain characters (i.e. Chinese/Korean/Japanese) not showing in soulver documents.
- Fixed some crashes.
- Several other minor fixes.
What's new in 2.4.3:
- Fixed a bug with lines beginning with “===”.
- A number of short unit names are now case sensitive. This is to help avoid units getting in your way (as they’re known to do sometimes).
- Fixed a bug where mousing over a token wouldn’t highlight its referent line if it was being edited.
- Fixed a bug where line heights could be wrong when opening documents in certain cases.
- Ambiguous units like “m” (meter or minute?) work better in certain cases.
What's new in 2.4.2:
- Fixed a bug with variables that reference other lines.
What's new in 2.4.1:
- A "num" function to strip units or percentages from a number.
- A "trunc" function to remove numbers past the decimal point.
- Additional trigonometry functions, "sec", "cosec" & "cotan".
- Fixed a bug where Soulver could hang when updating stocks from the web.
- Fixed a bug where using a space character as the thousands separator could cause some expressions to evaluate differently.
- Fixed a bug where a document might not function correctly after being reverted.
- Fixed an issue where certain expressions could cause a crash.
What's new in 2.4.0:
- Tons of improvements to Soulver's engine, resulting in more useful answers in a number of cases.
- Soulver is now optimised for the Retina Display
- Temperature units (celsius, fahrenheit & kelvin)
- Electricity units (volt, amp, ohm)
New unit preferences:
- Choose your desired measurement system (metric, imperial or US customary)
- Choose the base for computer storage units (i.e whether 1 GB is 1000 MB or 1024 MB)
- Global variables (in the Numbers window) can now be given a unit or percentage.
- Added autocomplete for variables & stocks (use option-escape as in all standard OS X text fields).
- The total is now unit sensitive
- Added undo support to changes in the Numbers window
- Added the standard text substitutions & transformation menus
What's new in 2.3.4:
Bug Fixes:Minor bug fixes related to Quicklook previews, the "send to mail" feature, the Answer Palette's currency conversions, & scrolling in large documents.
What's new in 2.3.3:
Exporting & Printing
- When you print, export directly to PDF or Send to Mail, the visual options in your document (line numbers visible, statistic visible, etc) are used. Alternatively, these visual options can still be customised by going through the File → Export dialog.
- Fixed a visual bug where the margin of the text area could become narrow in documents with over 100 lines.
- Fixed a bug related to opening documents on 10.6
What's new in 2.3.1:
- Fixed a problem where multiple inline comments on a line did not work correctly.
- A few other minor improvements
What's new in 2.3:
Documents & Syncing:
- Added iCloud document syncing (App Store Version, 10.8 only)
Note: The iOS versions of Soulver don't support iCloud syncing yet, but it's coming soon. In the meantime, it's still useful to be able to sync documents between Macs, and to have an integrated manager for your Soulver documents.
- Added 29 additional currencies (mainly from Africa, Central Asia & Latin America).
- Added complete Spanish, Portuguese, Russian & French localizations.
- Added Dutch localization of the interface.
- Added a preference choose the language Soulver uses for its content (units, word operators & percentages operators).
Comments & Text
You can now:
- Customise the comment, heading and label colours.
- Customise whether headings and labels are emboldened.
- Make comment lines beginning with "//"
- Select an area of text and press " to turn it into an inline comment
- The @ symbol at the start of a heading is now light grey.
- Added a menu item to comment out lines (⌘-/)
- The @ symbol only acts as a heading marker at the beginning of a line
- The @ symbol when used in a heading is now coloured light grey
- Headings and labels use the same colour as regular text
- You can now select a line's text by clicking on its number in the line number view.
- Tokens aren't selected now after being dragged into the text from the answer column.
- Added a "New Document" item to the Dock menu.
- Spaces won't be inserted around a minus now, if it comes after a plain word (so you can use it as a dash).
- Soulver is now sandboxed (App Store version only)
- Fixed a bug where you could get unexpected results when pasting lines over existing lines.
- Fixed a bug where the line numbers could sometimes not line up correctly when opening the document.
- Fixed a couple of bugs related to variables.
- Fixed a bug where non-breaking spaces were not being treated as whitespace.
Soulver (com.acqualia.soulver2) is a Mac software application that has been discovered and submitted by users of Software.com.
The latest version that our users have reported running on their systems is Soulver 5456. The most popular version of this application used by our users is Soulver 1715.
Operating System: Mac
Default Install Path: /Applications/Soulver.app
Minimum OS version: 10.5.0
Bundle Information: 2.0, Copyright (c) 2010 Acqualia Software