How well do you really know the fretboard? Do you know how to play a BbMinMaj7 twelve different ways? Do you know the top and bottom voice of each voicing? Do you want to?
Using the Ultimate Guitar Chord Trainer, you can dramatically improve your knowledge of the fretboard. Whether it's walking bass lines or chord melodies, a solid, consistent knowledge of chords and your guitar's fretboard are essential to good playing.
Many players complain of being "bored" with their playing. This can be caused by playing the same tired licks over the same tired chords. Ultimate Guitar Chord Trainer can help! Here's what the Ultimate Guitar Chord Trainer will do for you:
1. You will stop thinking of the fretboard in linear fashion. You'll learn to see the fretboard as a piano player sees a keyboard - in chords.
2. You will understand how chords are constructed on the guitar fretboard and how to form practically any chord - without thinking.
3. You will learn how to play practically every flavor of chord in at least 12 different ways.
4. You will learn how to add common chord extensions to every chord you learn by truly understanding how the chords are formed in the first place.
5. You will learn how to connect a walking bass line with the chords you learn to sound like 2 guitars at once.
6. You will never have to buy a chord calculator or chord chart again because you'll become your own chord calculator.
7. You will learn that having a solid knowledge of chords is essential to becoming the guitar player you want to become. The Ultimate Guitar Chord Trainer can help you achieve your goals.
8. You will learn 18 chord flavors: Maj7, Dom7, Min7, 6, Min6, Min7b5, Dim, 7#5, Maj7#5, MinMaj7, 9, Min9, 7b5, Maj7b5, 7sus2, 7sus4, Maj7sus2, and Maj7sus4.
Here's how it works:
Starting with dominant 7th chords, you'll first learn how to play root position chords. Slowly and with confidence, you'll learn how to play dominant 7th chords in every inversion on the 6th, 5th, and 4th strings.
At this stage, you'll be able to spell any dominant 7th chord backwards and forwards. And that's just the beginning!
Next, you'll learn how to play minor and major 7th chords in any inversion on the 6th, 5th, and 4th strings. Sound hard? It's not! There is only a one-note difference between a dominant 7th and both the major and minor 7th chords. All you have to do is remember which note gets altered. Still sound hard? It's not! With some interactive quizzing from the Ultimate Guitar Chord Trainer and about 15 minutes a day, you'll find remembering how to play these chords easy.
Think about it, now you could take just about any lead sheet and play the chords in a practically infinite number of combinations. But we're still just beginning!
Now the fun really begins because you'll begin to tackle some tougher chords, like minor-major 7ths, augmented 7ths, half-diminished and diminished.
Once you've completed this stage, you could stop and consider your chording skills quite advanced. But there's still more work you can do!
Anyone for ear training? You could even take the Ultimate Guitar Chord Trainer to work and use it for ear-training purposes (just don't let your boss catch you!).
You can see that the possibilities are infinite. How effective the Ultimate Guitar Chord Trainer is in increasing your knowledge of the fretboard is entirely up to you. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise, learning this stuff is hard, hard work. But, hopefully, the Ultimate Guitar Chord Trainer can make the process a little less painful!
Ultimate Guitar Chord Trainer (com.ums.ugct) is a Mac software application that has been discovered and submitted by users of Software.com.
The latest version that our users have reported running on their systems is Ultimate Guitar Chord Trainer 1.6.4.