Version 1.2 (Mar 4, 2010)
Two quick bug fixes which slipped into the 1.1 version.
Changes in this version
- Bug: "Open With" in Finder didn't work, contrary to what it said in the release notes for 1.1
- Bug: Table sorted incorrectly when a language filter was active.
Version 1.1 (Mar 3, 2010)
It has been almost a year since the first release - wow! This version fixes a crash, some other bugs and contains a few new features. Overall it's a nicer experience though IMHO. The development has been on and off, but I definitely have no lack of ideas for Undertext. Go see the roadmap wiki-page on the website for a list. Please note: The older version will stop working because the OpenSubtitles.org API server is changing it's URL.
Changes in this version
- Bug: The app would crash (silently) if a connection error would occur during startup, search or download. Now a dialog will get shown and a reconnect menu item is in the application menu.
- Bug: Selecting a language in the dropdown before a search wouldn't filter correctly
- Existing entries in the result table will be kept when doing multiple searches
- Added sorting functionality to result table.
- Added a right click menu for the result table with some useful actions.
- Now the small info window will, except for subtitle info, also display info for video files and the OpenSubtitles.org server and website.
- Will appear to start faster because windows get shown earlier
- Bug: Couldn't close and then reopen windows
- Add a preference window with settings for OpenSubtitles.org accounts
- Bug: Progress indicator wouldn't always hide after a download
- Switched XMLRPC library to one written in Objective-C
- Update to new API URL.
- Always suffix subtitle file names with language code.
- Undertext will appear in the list when using "Open With" in Finder.
- Ask before overwriting an existing subtitle file.
Version 1.0 (Mar 13, 2009)
This is the first release of Undertext. The application isn't done and I'm planning to do more releases. Please note: It doesn't have any error handling yet so if, for example, no internet connection is present or OpenSubtitles.org's servers have a problem the app will crash and burn :)
- Searches for subtitles online when you open Undertext with movie file(s).
- Looks recursively for movie files when opened with one or several folders.
- Can filter results by language.
- When downloading subtitles it names the subtitle after the movie file, so you don't have to change the name yourself.
- Can optionally add language name to downloaded subtitles.
- Search results are shown in a table easy to choose subtitles from.
- Extra info is shown in a separate window for the currently selected subtitle.
- Sparkle is used for automatic updates.
Undertext (com.johanlunds.undertext) is a Mac software application that has been discovered and submitted by users of Software.com.
The latest version that our users have reported running on their systems is Undertext 1.2.163. The most popular version of this application used by our users is Undertext 1.0.69.
Operating System: Mac
Default Install Path: /Applications/Undertext.app