Preorder Mou 1.0 at 50% discount!
October 19, 2014
- Fixed the pairing quotes "" and three dashes --- bugs.
- Chen Luo is rising funds to build a team working full time on Mou.
- Please support us, help make Mou 1.0 happen, thank you!
October 18, 2014
September 21, 2013
- New "Find and Replace… ⌥⌘F" command.
- "Use Selection for Find" now accessible via ⌘E.
May 7, 2013
- HTML links with target="_blank" now clickable.
- The exported HTML pages now scalable on iOS devices.
- Added "Tomorrow Blue" theme made by Shaun Kirk Wong by his request.
March 17, 2013
- Improved Print menu, now you can print not only the left view, but also the right view. ( File > Print Source ) and ( File > Print Result ⌘P )
- Save panel now persists the Hide Extension option user chose.
- Improved CSS for <sup> tag, now it won't expand current line's height. With the updated CSS, PDF export now also keeps the background color of elements. Please note Mou won't overwrite your old CSS automatically (to keep your customized CSS safe). If you want to use the new CSS, you need to delete the old CSS files under ~/Library/Application Support/Mou/CSS/ folder manually, and then relaunch Mou to take effect.
February 12, 2013
- Floating Window ( View > Toggle Floating ⇧⌘F ), make Window always floating on top of other apps.
- Inline Math formula support. Check the updated document ( Help > Math Syntax Help ) for more info.
- Updated GitHub and GitHub2 CSS. Now the Code Blocks won't be cut in PDF export. The GitHub2 CSS now also works with table alignement syntax. Please note Mou won't overwrite your old CSS automatically (to keep your customized CSS safe). If you want to use the new CSS, you need to delete the old CSS files under ~/Library/Application Support/Mou/CSS/ folder manually, and then relaunch Mou to take effect.
October 6, 2012
- Smart filename placeholder. When save an Untitled document, auto use the first header(h1~h6) as filename placeholder. Also adopted in "Export" and "Post" commands. It's so smart that it can auto convert the filename placeholder to Lower Case, and replace the space character with _, to get a URL friendly filename.
- Fixed the name conflict of "Link" and "Link:" when customize keyboard shortcuts.
October 4, 2012
- Gatekeeper support.
- New Insert "Current Date" and "Current Time" Actions. ( Actions > Insert > Current Date ⌃⇧1 and Actions > Insert > Current Time ⌃⇧2 )
- New Insert "Scriptogr.am Header" Actions. This feature is smart enough that it can auto fill current Date, and auto fill the first h1~h6 as the Title. ( Actions > Insert > Scriptogr.am Header )
- "Markdown Syntax Reference" updated to explain how to add Anchor.
September 25, 2012
- Footnotes support.
- Math support. It's disabled by default, check Help > Math Syntax Help to see how to enable it.
- Improved HTML export templates for better viewing on iOS devices.
- Changed Tomorrow theme's selection color from #cccccc to #ffffff so that the selection text won't become illegible when the window looses focus. Please note Mou won't overwrite your old themes automatically (to keep your customized themes safe). If you want to use the new themes, you need to delete the old themes files under ~/Library/Application Support/Mou/Themes/ folder manually, and then relaunch Mou to take effect.
- Disabled SmartyPants substitutions. The OS X now built-in text substitutions feature, it's more flexible than the hard-coded SmartyPants. ( > System Preferences > Language & Text>Text > Use symbol and text substitution)
- "Help" - "Markdown Syntax Reference" updated for the Footnotes syntax.
September 18, 2012
- Improved the behavior when posting unsaved Untitled document to Scriptogr.am. Now it prompts you to save first.
September 15, 2012
- Scrollers now auto hide when stop scrolling.
- Line Spacing setting now also works even if there's no Markdown element in the document. Thanks @jinxray 's feedback.
- Two new themes added. Credit to @swaycz and @ChrisKempson for Tomorrow theme, credit to Leo Lin for Writer theme.
September 8, 2012
- QuickCursor support. - Actually I already integrated ODB Editor Suite since Mou 0.7.2, but I forgot it!
- Improved the way of loading Help document. Now it won't ask you to save when closing it if you didn't modify it.
- Improved Convert to H1~H6, List, Blockquote Actions, now they also work on the first line of a blank document.
- Fixed the wrong hotkey for Convert to H6.
September 2, 2012
- QuickLook support. With Mou installed, you can now QuickLook your Markdown document by pressing space key.
- Changed "Convert to H1~H6"'s hotkey to command+1~6 instead of control+1~6 since control+1… is used for switching spaces by the system.
- Updated CSS for better page break when export PDF. Please note Mou won't overwrite your old CSS automatically (to keep your customized CSS safe). If you want to use the new CSS, you need to delete the old CSS files under ~/Library/Application Support/Mou/CSS/ folder manually, and then relaunch Mou to take effect.
August 20, 2012
- Postbox support for the "Post on Tumblr" feature. Now it works with Mail, Sparrow and Postbox.
August 19, 2012
- Added a new "Enable Sync Scroll" option in Preferences. Users who don't like Sync Scroll can turn it off by unchecking this option.
- You're now able to give it a new filename other than the default Untitled.md when post an Untitled unsaved document on Scriptogr.am.
- Fixed the bug that in Vertical Writing mode, resize the window could freeze the app.
- Built-in CSS files updated for better table display and PDF export (Credit to @gcollazo and @hzlzh for the updated GitHub2.css). Mou won't overwrite your old CSS automatically (to keep your customized CSS safe). If you want to use the new CSS, you need to delete the old CSS files under ~/Library/Application Support/Mou/CSS/ folder manually, and then relaunch Mou to take effect.
- Fixed several bugs reported by @hzlzh. Actually they were already fixed in previous update, just forgot to write it in the release notes.
August 15, 2012
- New "Sync Scroll" feature. When scroll left view, right view auto scroll to the same position by percentage. But if you scroll right view, left view will keep its current position unchanged. Which gives you the flexibility as well as enjoy the benefit of Sync Scroll.
- New "Post on Tumblr" feature.
- New "Post on Scriptogr.am" feature.
- New "Transparent window" feature. Use the menu "View" - "Toggle Transparent".
- New "Convert to Blockquote" action. Select lines and then control+Q.
- New "Convert to H1~H6" actions. Convert current line to H1~H6 quickly.
- New "Default file extension" options in Preferences.
- New "Line Spacing" option in Editing tab of Preferences. Applies to Editor view.
- New app icon. Thanks Chee Fang!
- Retina Display support.
- Added the new GitHub2.css created by Giovanni Collazo.
- Moved "List" action to the sub-menu of "Actions"-"Convert"-"to List".
- Mou can now remember its state for new windows after used the menu "Toggle Live Preview" and "Toggle Words Counter". The corresponding preferences options areremoved as they are no longer needed.
- If the font selected in Preferences is disabled by Font Book or deleted, fallback to the default font.
- Fixed the bug that if you open a markdown document with Mou without having launched the application before, it will overwrite the contents of that file with Mou's introduction text.
- Fixed the highlighting bug caused by some 4 bytes Chinese characters. Thanks Ali Rantakari, it's fixed by him.
- Added a link to Mou's website in About window.
- Help document updated.
February 21, 2012
- Extra syntax support - Strikethrough, Fenced Code Blocks, Tables.
- PDF format export.
- New Strikethrough Action.
- New "Play Keypress Sound" option.
- Auto indent tabs and spaces.
- Auto fill/delete List and Blockquote marks when hit "Return" key.
- Lion's native Versions, Auto Save, and Resume support.
- New option in preferences where you can turn off/on "Check Spelling While Typing" by default.
- Uses h1 as title of exported HTML files. If there's no h1, uses first 80 characters of the content.
- Uses current .md's filename instead of "Untitled" as the placeholder filename for HTML and PDF export.
- When you have content selected and then press (, [ or ", it can now wrap selection automatically.
- Improved auto pair algorithm for Chinese Full-width “double quotation marks”.
- Renamed "Make Layout Vertical" to "Vertical Writing".
- Added a shortcut key for the Markdown Syntax Reference, command+R.
- Updated Markdown Syntax Reference to explain how to use the Extra syntax.
- Changed "Export HTML"'s shortcut key to option+command+E, command+E should be used for "Use Selection for Find".
- Removed auto pair for ` key for the convenience of inputting GitHub style Fenced Code Blocks. Command+K still works.
November 19, 2011
- Custom CSS for Live Preview and HTML Export, in Preferences.
- New "List" action, convert selected lines to list items.
- Enabled "Check Spelling While Typing" by default.
- Fixed the bug that resizing the window would cause crashes.
- Fixed the bug that the first line of code blocks indented an extra halfcharacter.
- New "Markdown Syntax Reference" in help menu, which can always float on top for convenience.
- Help document updated.
October 22, 2011
- Able to display html source, right click in Live Preview - "Inspect Element".
- Mou can now remember its last opened window size and position.
- Two new actions - "Spaces to Tabs" and "Tabs to Spaces".
- Improved stability when phrasing themes.
- Update help document.
October 18, 2011
- “Shift Line Left” and "Shift Line Right" actions now works for multi-lines, and respect soft tab option.
- Fixed the bug that "Toggle Words Counter" doesn't work when "Show Words Counter" option is off.
- Changed "Inline Code"'s shortcut to "Cmd+K", "Cmd+`" is used for switching windows.
October 17, 2011
- New words counter!
- New soft tab mode, insert 4 spaces instead of 1 tab.
- New "Inline Code" action. Warp selected text as inline code.
- Mou now can recognize Windows line breaks.
- Improved stability when exporting html.
- Reorganized actions menu.
- Fixed a typo in help document.
- Improved compatibility with FIT and SunPinyin input method.
- Changed keyboard shortcuts, now "Cmd+I" for Emphasize, "Shift+Cmd+I" toggle Live Preview.
- Completely removed fallback for Snow Leopard, providing the best experience on Lion.
October 13, 2011
- Updated donate link in About window, it's now possible to donate via Alipay.
October 11, 2011
- Fixed the issue that in 0.6.4 the image doesn't shown.
October 11, 2011
- New main icon!
- Mou can now remember its scroll position of Live Preview, it won't always scroll to top when text changes.
- Two new actions, "Shift Line Left" and "Shift Line Right"
- Improved Link and Image action, now select the "http://" by default.
- Two new commands in View menu, "Left:Right = 2:1" and "Left:Right = 1:2".
- Uses the Objective-C powered scroller instead of the CSS one for the Live Preview view.
- If no extension is provided, use ".md" by default when saving.
- Added release notes link in Help menu.
October 4, 2011
- Arbitrary extension support. Mou can now open Markdown document with any extension.
- Added 『』 support in auto pair.
- Fixed several English grammar errors in Help document and About window.
October 2, 2011
- Two new actions: Link, Image. Let you quick insert link and image.
- Auto pair now also supports Chinese double quotation marks and parenthesis.
October 1, 2011
- Adds fallback for Snow Leopard.
September 30, 2011
Mou (com.mouapp.mou) is a Mac software application that has been discovered and submitted by users of Software.com.
The latest version that our users have reported running on their systems is Mou 870. The most popular version of this application used by our users is Mou 810.
Operating System: Mac
Minimum OS version: 10.7
Bundle Information: (c) 25.io Inc, 2014.