What's New in SkySafari Pro for Mac OS X
The latest release of SkySafari Pro for Mac OS X is 1.8, released 16 July 2013.Here are the new features and bug fixes included in this release:
- Added 3D models, descriptions, and images of Cassini and Voyager spacecraft, the International Space Station, and Hubble Space Telescope.
- When you are orbiting an object that itself is orbiting another primary object, SkySafari updates your position so that the primary stays at the same relative position.
- Chart center longitude/latitude now remembered correctly when app relaunches after exit.
- Improved performance when drawing many faint solar system objects. Default solar system magnitude limit is now 20, as opposed to unlimited; settings files now restore unlimited (infinite) magnitudes correctly.
- Now displays orbit epoch for satellites and solar system objects in Object Info. Conjunction, opposition, eclipse dates in Object Info now show the first such event taking place any time in the next 2 years, and the math runs much faster now.
- Fixed bug where two or more automatic solar system data updates could happen simultaneously, which could result in missing objects in some categories. Discards partial solar system data updates; all files must now download successfully before SkySafari will accept the updated data.
- Fixed small error in position computation for some geosynchronous satellites.
- Fixed problem preventing some stars from being drawn when very far away in interstellar space.
- Added support for telescope axis encoders on SiTech controllers in Push-To mode.
- Implemented fix for alignment problems with encoder systems on clock-driven equatorial mounts.
- Fixed problems drawing orbits with eccentricity very close to (but not exactly) 1, like that of comet PANSTARRS.
SkySafari Pro (com.southernstars.skysafarimacpro) is a Mac software application that has been discovered and submitted by users of Software.com.
The latest version that our users have reported running on their systems is SkySafari Pro 1.8. The most popular version of this application used by our users is SkySafari Pro 1.7.
Operating System: Mac
Default Install Path: /Applications/SkySafari Pro.app