Quicken® 2016 for Mac helps you manage your personal finances in one place, so you can see where you're spending and where you can save. Quicken categorizes financial transactions, helps you stay on top of bills, and set goals so you can save more. You can even access your data on the go.Data download from participating financial institutions or other parties are available until April 2019; customer phone support, online features and services vary, require Internet access and/or may be subject to change, application approval, fees, additional terms and conditions. 14,500+ participating financial institutions as of 10/1/2015.
PAY YOUR BILLS AND TRANSFER MONEY DIRECTLY FROM QUICKEN***
Direct Connect Bill Pay is now available with Quicken 2016 for Mac. With this new feature, you can see, track and pay bills easily within Quicken. You have the ability to transfer money between your connected accounts at the same bank from Quicken. You can transfer money between your accounts at the same bank.
FREE PHONE SUPPORT
Even easier to get started. We'll help every step of the way. Quicken Care agents available by phone or chat.
VIEW ALL YOUR ACCOUNTS IN ONE PLACE*
See all your downloaded bank, credit card, investment and retirement accounts in one place, so you know where you stand. Quicken 2016 downloads your income and expenses, so you don't have to enter transactions manually and can avoid the hassle of going to multiple websites.
SEE EXACTLY WHERE YOUR MONEY IS GOING
Quicken 2016 automatically categorizes expenses like groceries, entertainment, and more, so you can avoid having to edit them manually. You can easily see where you're spending and where you can save.
PLAN, AND STAY ON, A BUDGET
We help make it easy to get on a budget you can live with. Quicken 2016 automatically sets up budget goals based on what you've spent in the past. You can customize your plan, and we'll track your progress.
ALERTS TO NEVER MISS A BILL
Quicken 2016 automatically creates bill reminders for you based on your previously paid bills or information you provide; you can customize or add reminders as needed. We'll alert you when bills are coming up, so you can pay them on time and avoid late fees.
MAKE MONEY DECISIONS ON THE GO**
Check your account balances and budget on the go. Our free mobile app syncs data from your computer to your iPhone® and iPad® device. Take pictures of receipts to save with key purchases.
MANAGE YOUR INVESTMENTS AND PLAN FOR TAXES
See how your investments are performing. We'll regularly update quotes to keep your portfolio value current. We make tax time easier by tracking cost basis estimating capital gains, and creating Schedule D tax reports.
GETTING STARTED IS A BREEZE
Step-by-step guidance helps you get up and running fast. Just answer a few simple questions; we'll show you how Quicken works, and what to do next. You'll see your financial picture come quickly into focus.
IMPORT DATA FROM SOME PREVIOUS QUICKEN VERSIONS
Easily import data from Quicken Essentials, Quicken 2007, and Quicken for Mac 2015, and Quicken Windows 2010 or newer versions.
To learn how Intuit protects your privacy, please visit page www.quicken.com/privacy
By downloading this product, you acknowledge you've read and agree to Quicken End User License Agreement and Intuit's discontinuation policy accessible on this page.
Standard message and data rates may apply for sync, e-mail and text alerts. Visit www.quicken.com/go/apps for details. Quicken app ("App") is compatible with iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, Android phones and tablets. Not all Quicken desktop features are available in the App. The App is a companion app and will work only with Quicken 2014 and above desktop products. Earlier versions of the App prior to Quicken 2014 will not work with Quicken 2015 or 2016 desktop product.
Paying bills and money transfer with Quicken for Mac are available only if your bank offers Bill Pay with Quicken.
(Mon-Fri, 5am-5pm Pacific)Online Chat.
> About Quicken
to find our Support number any time.
Update now to get the following improvements
- FIXED: Fixed an issue where manually entered transactions that were entered before the end of the reconcile period but posted after would throw off reconcile calculations.Click here to read more about troubleshooting reconcile issues.
- FIXED: Fixed the top crashing issue in 3.5. In the reconcile screen, the app would crash when pressing the enter key on a date field.
For your safety, only use the official Quicken support number:
Phone numbers found through Internet searches can lead to fraudulent companies not authorized by Quicken.
Fixed a number of investment issues.
- FIXED: Fixed an issue where the Portfolio View displayed the entered date and not the acquisition date for Added Shares.
- FIXED: Fixed an issue where downloaded investment transactions weren't being marked as cleared.
- FIXED: Fixed the investment day change value so that it resets at midnight.
- FIXED: Fixed a Short Sell reporting issue where an expired Buy to Cover wouldn't appear correctly in the Tax Schedule report and Realized Gain view.
- FIXED: Fixed how Return of Capital is handled across multiple lots.
Fixed a number of bill pay issues.
- FIXED: Fixed an issue where a bill pay cancel request error would return the transaction to a "To Send" state.
- FIXED: Fixed an error that could occur when cancelling an intra-bank transfer.
- FIXED: Fixed an issue where transactions paid using a Bank's website weren't getting marked as paid.
- FIXED: Fixed a crash when handling a bill pay payee response.
Fixed a number of other bugs.
- FIXED: Fixed an issue where hidden accounts were accidentally unhidden.
- FIXED: Fixed an issue where an account's currency setting was being changed to US Dollars after syncing.
- FIXED: Fixed a hang that occurred when trying to do an Update All after entering Intuit ID credentials.
- FIXED: Fixed a crash that occurred in the edit budget screen.
- FIXED: Fixed a crash that occurred in the reconcile screen.
- FIXED: Fixed an issue that would prevent bill pay from working when updating a selected account.This worked for updating all accounts.
- FIXED: Fixed an issue that turned intra-bank transfers to manual transactions for a few banks.
- FIXED: Fixed an issue where bill pay transactions could no longer be matched to manual or scheduled transactions.
- FIXED: Fixed a crash that occured in reconcile when a balance adjustment was 0.
- FIXED: Fixed an issue where hidden accounts would incorrectly reappear after updating account.
- CHANGED: Changed the way the starting month is set for budgets.Now the starting month can only be set when a budget is created.Quicken no longer allows changing the starting month after a budget is created.
Version 3.5.0 & 3.5.1
This is a really exciting release with a completely new reconcile feature, huge performance improvement in portfolio view, dramatic file size reduction for people with lots of historical data and lots of great bug fixes and improvements in budgets, portfolio view and across the entire product.
We're getting ready for the future
In order to support future development we need to make database changes.This means that after you've opened your file with Quicken for Mac v3.5 you won't be able to go back and use this file in earlier versions.However, we will automatically save a backup file for you using the old format in case you have to revert back to v3.4. You can find this file by going to the Show Backups in Finder menu under Help.
A brand new Reconcile experience
We've completely revamped the Reconcile feature. The new Reconcile feature calculates the beginning balance based on all uncleared transactions which is what Quicken Windows and Quicken 2007 does.This will result in a more accurate reconcile experience that makes sure your Quicken balance actually matches your online or statement balance.In the previous reconcile feature, your Quicken balance was not actually used in the reconcile process and could result in errors. This may mean that the first time you use this new feature you'll discover discrepancies that have always existed but weren't obvious when using the old reconcile feature.To quickly fix this, click on the gear icon to Start Fresh or Add an Adjustment.
- NEW: Choose to reconcile against an online balance or paper statement.
- NEW: Display only uncleared transactions.
- NEW: Check or uncheck all transactions with one click.
- NEW: Added payment and deposit columns in the Reconcile register.
- NEW: Added payment and deposit totals in the reconcile screen.
- IMPROVED: Clear column renamed to Clr so that the column can be narrowed.
We continue to make improvements to 12-Month budgets
- NEW: Added the ability to duplicate an existing 12-Month budget instead of starting from scratch.
- NEW: Added highlighting in the budget view to easily see category and month for a particular budget value.You can turn this off or change to a different option by going to Preferences.
- NEW: Added a light blue highlight behind top level categories so it's easier to review budget numbers in the budget setup screen.
- IMPROVED: Completely overhauled the budget setup quick fill menu.Now we support actual 2 month and quarterly fills and also display calculated values in the menu so you know what number will be added before you try to add it.Also changed the key commands for fill forward and back.
- BUG FIX: Fixed an issue where categories using emojis in their name weren't being exported.Spreadsheets don't deal well with emojis, so you'll now see the category with a character code replacing the emoji.
- BUG FIX: Budget view now remembers whether you expanded or collapsed particular categories.
We fixed a number of Portfolio View issues:
- IMPROVED: Greatly improved portfolio view performance.Most are seeing at least a 200% speed increase.
- IMPROVED: Changed investment portfolio so that the number of shares display up to 6 decimal places.(This was a request from kelly1, smayer97, rgw2012, jacobs, billp, canuckguy, and m.c.crockett in Quicken Live Community).
- IMPROVED: Quicken will automatically add price history for buy and sell transactions if there isn't current quote data for a particular day.This should result in improved charting.
- IMPROVED: Portfolio view can now expand and fill the entire width of the screen.
- BUG FIX: Fixed an issue where the security name would overlap the disclosure triangle if the name was really long.
- BUG FIX: Fixed an issue in Portfolio View where the disclosure triangle would open multiple securities when in investment, brokerage, retirement or education views.
- BUG FIX: Improved an issue where the chart would show spikes or dips due to stock splits or purchases.
- BUG FIX: Fixed an issue where short sells and covered calls didn't appear in reports. (Thanks to Mr. Cribb for tracking this down and working with us to fix the issue.)
- BUG FIX: Fixed the day change value for mutual funds when using Update All (Thanks to jtarver for bringing this to our attention).
We continue to make improvements and stability fixes throughout Quicken:
- NEW: Added ability to create Quick Category and Tag reports by right clicking (CTRL+Click) on a transaction and selecting Report [Category or Tag].
- IMPROVED: Dramatically reduced file size by eliminating unused data backups stored in the file.
- IMPROVED: Eliminated width restrictions in reports so they can now expand and take up the full width of the screen.
- IMPROVED: Updated Category, Tag, and Action screens to be consistent with Payee and Securities.
- IMPROVED: Continued updating help to bring inline with new features.
- CRASH: Fixed a crash that could occur when importing from a really old version of Quicken Essentials.
Bug Fix in 3.5.1
- CRASH: Fixed a crash that could occur in the new Reconcile window if you deleted the starting balance from the “Use Statement Balance” section, switched to “Use Online Balance”, then switched back.
Version 3.4.0 & 3.4.1
We continue to refine the 12-Month Budget feature.
- NEW: Stacked Layout View. A number of customers mentioned they wanted an option to see more months on the screen at one time. The new stacked layout view achieves this by placing actual values above the budget number allowing column widths to be narrowed. This does mean each category is taller so you may need to scroll up and down more. Set the budget layout by clicking on the Gear icon and changing the preference.
- NEW: Export and Copy Budget. There is a new Export button in the budget view. Clicking this button will display a menu to export either the summary or full budget to a CSV file or to simply copy it to the clipboard to paste into Excel or another product. Use this feature to print the budget or to do further analysis.
- NEW: Summary Budget Detail Pop-Up. A pop-up appears when clicking on budget items in Budget view but didn't work in the Summary area. In 3.4 we've added the same pop-up to the summary area so you can get details on the category totals.
- NEW: The summary area now has a light gray background to distinguish it from the rest of the budget.
Added a number of small customer-requested features.
- NEW: "Tiny" Register Row option. This allows you to see more lines in your register.
- NEW: Changed the way we display share amounts in the Portfolio view. Previously, we displayed all shares with 2 decimal places. Now we're a little smarter about this. Whole numbers appear as whole numbers and if there are decimal values we will max out at 3 decimal places instead of 2.
Also fixed a number of bugs.
- BUG FIX: Fixed a calculation error in % Day Change values in portfolio view.
- BUG FIX: Fixed an issue in the calendar view running balance where today or overdue bill reminders were not being included in the balance calculation.
- BUG FIX: Fixed an issue where the Portfolio Time Machine calendar drop down would appear off screen in full screen view.
- BUG FIX: Fixed a full-screen budget view issue where the screen would go black after cancelling or saving on the Select Categories screen.
- CRASH: Fixed a crash that could occur if logging into Intuit ID and going to preferences before sign in completed.
- CRASH: Fixed a crash that could occur when undoing a check number change.
- SOLUTION: Figured out an issue reported on Quicken Live community where reports were appearing on app launch causing Quicken to hang. This would occur when some Payee names were blank which should never happen. Go to Quicken Live Community and search for "opens extra windows" to read more and to get a tool to fix the issue. (Thanks to Beaune and pauldv172 for posting the question and helping to figure out the issue.)
Bug Fix in 3.4.1
- BUG FIX: Fixed an issue affecting some customers where Update All would never finish.
Version 3.3.0 & 3.3.1
2 Brand New Features
Version 3.3 is a really exciting release.We’re releasing 2 major top requested features, a big bill pay improvement and lots and lots of great bug fixes.
- New: 12-Month Budgets
- Plan your spending to achieve the goals important to you (e.g., vacation, car, new home, retirement).
- Now customize your budget with one-time-only, periodic and recurring monthly expenses.
- Easily track spending and income against your plan to stay on target.
- New: Portfolio Time Machine (As Of Date)
- See the historical value of your portfolio and individual holdings at a particular point in time.
- Track your investment performance over the past days, weeks, or years.
- Gain deeper learning and insights for future investing.
Big and Small Improvements
- Improvement: You can now set up bill reminders and create Online Bill Pay transactions.This wasn’t supported before.(Thanks to hfm and our other bill pay customers for finding and reporting this issue).
- Improvement: Added a today button to the calendar picker and updated the look.
- Improvement: Fixed an issue where some date fields were too narrow for Canadian date format.
- Improvement: Increased the number of places today’s gain/loss number could be.This will help our wealthiest customers.
- Bug Fix: Fixed an auto-matching issue that would pick the wrong manually entered transaction after downloading bank information if there was a similar older transaction.(Thanks to Pearl who went out of her way to work with us to solve the issue).
- Bug Fix: Fixed an issue where categories weren’t being saved if the transaction was edited in the All Accounts view.
- Bug Fix: Fixed an issue where transactions were not being auto-categorized for some Direct Connect accounts.
- Bug Fix: Fixed an issue where scrolling would break and 2 arrows would appear if opening a register drop down at the bottom of the screen.
- Bug Fix: Fixed an issue where the change PIN dialog wouldn't appear even after the financial institution notified Quicken to display the dialog.
- Bug Fix: Fixed a weird scrolling anomaly where the toolbar appears over the latest transaction when sorted in ascending order.
- Crash: Fixed the #1 crash in 3.2.1 which could occur when tabbing in and out of the Tag field.
- Crash: Fixed a crash that could occur when updating a Direct Connect account.
- Crash: Fixed a crash that could occur when editing a security name in the securities list.
- Crash: Fixed a crash that could occur when enabling and disabling alerts.
- Crash: Fixed a crash that could occur when opening and closing the Account Setup screen multiple times from different locations.
Bug Fixes in 3.3.1
- Bug Fix: Fixed a calendar issue where the date didn't get set when manually adding a price history in the security window.
- Crash: Fixed a crash that occurred when expanding and collapsing categories in the setup window when editing a budget number.
- Crash: Fixed a crash that could occur if you delete a custom category while editing the budget.
- Crash: Fixed a crash that could occur in the security window when editing bond information.
We found a couple of pretty bad issues in 3.2 that we're fixing in 3.2.1.
- Crash: We fixed a crash that occurs in the background and may happen at anytime when using Quicken. For performance reasons we sometimes run background tasks like downloading the user's latest email address or the list of financial institutions Quicken works with. This bug would occur when 2 of these tasks conflicted with each other.
- Bug Fix: In 3.2, we added support for paying a credit card using Direct Connect Bill Pay while setting the Transfer field to the credit card account. Unfortunately, we made a last minute fix to this flow that actually broke the way this worked, leading to confusion and a bad user experience. Thanks to hfm, jeffreyroark3379 and JBB for reporting these issues in the release forum post so we could find and fix quickly.
3.2 is primarily a bug fix release.
There were 2 really bad bugs in investments that are now fixed in 3.2
- Change: In the past 6 months bond face values started appearing incorrectly in the portfolio view for some customers.The reason for this is that some financial institutions changed the way they sent bond information to Quicken resulting in incorrect bond face values.Because of this we've changed the way Quicken calculates bond values which should result in the correct bond value being shown for the vast majority of bonds.However, this change does mean that a small number of bonds such as savings bonds will no longer work correctly. Unfortunately we can't support both.This brings Quicken Mac's bond calculations in line with Quicken Windows. (Thanks to all the Quicken Live Community users that pointed out this issue including mvitulli and ocashery7.)
- Bug Fix: Fixed an issue that was introduced in 3.1 where cash balances wouldn't appear in the portfolio view chart if there were no other transactions. (Thanks to sterthai and genestaggs for reporting this issue in the forums.)
- Bug Fix: Fixed an issue where links in the Portfolio view to security detail pages were displayed incorrectly. (Thanks to J. Pilger for bringing this to our attention)
Quicken Windows Converter Fixes
We continue to focus on the new in app Windows converter making fixes and improving the quality of the file conversion.
- Bug Fix: Fixed Quicken Windows file conversion where transfers were duplicated and in some cases lost because of data issues in the original Windows file. (Thanks to our beta customer osmoc88 for helping us track down the issue.)
- Bug Fix: Fixed an issue where canceling a file password prompt during Quicken Windows file conversion could cause Quicken to hang.
- Bug Fix: Fixed any issue where Windows File Import could fail with very old Quicken Windows files.
- Bug Fix: Fixed an issue where previously reconciled transfer transactions that were imported from a Quicken Windows file could be incorrectly set to "uncleared" during import. (A big thanks to Mr. Zachman who shared his files and worked with us to track down the issue.)
Direct Connect Bill Pay Fixes
- Enhancement: Direct Connect Bill Pay has been improved to better support transfers. In 3.2 users can now pay a credit card via Direct Connect Bill Pay and also classify this as a transfer. Previously, transfers had to be between accounts within the same financial institution.
- Bug Fix: Fixed an issue where pending Bill Pay transactions entered at your financial institution's web site would fail to match manually entered transactions in Quicken resulting in a duplicate transaction.
Error Message Fixes
- Bug Fix: Fixed an issue where customers received a generic message "error communicating with server" if they entered in the incorrect challenge answer in account setup. The proper error message will now appear. A big thanks to Stephanie for helping us figure out the issue.
- Bug Fix: Fixed an issue where an account lock out because of too many incorrect password attempts wouldn't get reported to customers.
Other Improvement and Fixes in 3.2
- Enhancement: Support repeated use of date hot keys.
- There are 6 date hot keys:
- W for beginning of the week
- K for end of the week
- M for beginning of the month
- H for end of the month
- Y for beginning of the year
- R for end of the year.
- In 3.2, you can repeatedly press this key to increase or decrease the week, month or year. For example, if you press the letter R today, the date will change to 12/31/2016. If you press R again it will change to 12/31/2017. Pressing the letter R will continue to increment the year.
- Bug Fix: Fixed an issue where reprinting checks when using 10.11 (El Capitan) resulted in blank checks being printed. (Thanks to Resurrected from the Quicken Live Community for reporting this problem.)
- Crashes: Fixed multiple issues that could result in a crash including a crash that could occur while updating accounts, after deleting a category from the category list, while generating large reports, or while syncing Direct Connect Bill Pay transactions.
Our biggest Quicken 2016 update yet!
- Now you can export Category Summary and Tax Schedule reports to a CSV file (compatible with Excel, Numbers and other spreadsheets). We've receiveda lot of requests for this one. Enjoy!
- Bonus TIP: You can always export transactions from you Quicken registers to CSV files. This especially powerful when combined with the Search and Filtering capability already in the registers. For example, you could filter by a date range, limit your search to just Payee names and, boom, you have an instant Payee report. You'll find the export option in the File menu: File > Export Selected Transactions to Excel File (CSV)...
- Mac Only Quicken Windows file conversion and import!* Now, finally, you can convert your Quicken Windows files (.QDF files) to Quicken Mac 2016 without Windows! The Windows to Mac conversion and file import now happens seamlessly on your Mac. No need to have access to a Windows computer or create a transfer (.QXF) file. All you need is your Quicken Windows (.QDF) file.
- * Note that this Mac Only import process is not currently available to customers who purchased Quicken for Mac 2016 in the Mac App Store. Apologies to our App Store customers. We are currently investigating whether we can bring the new file conversion process to the App Store version. In the meantime, App Store customers can continue to use the existing File Conversion Utility.
Improvements to Direct Connect Bill Pay
- Direct Connect Bill Pay Customers can now receive messages and service alerts from their bank right in Quicken.
- If your bank sends you a message you'll be notified on the Account Status window after you update your accounts. You can also check for mail at any time by selecting Window > Bank Messages. (Note that this menu item will be available and active only if you use Direct Connect Bill Pay and have messages to read.)
- Improved error reporting on the Account Status window. If you run into problems, the Bill Pay error message now links directly to the appropriate Help topic.
- You can now setup a Scheduled Transaction to be a Bill Pay transaction (without getting that weird "%@ Is Not Enabled” error).
- Note: This is still just a Scheduled Transaction (a reminder in Quicken). You still must Enter and the Send the transaction when your bill becomes becomes due. Creating the Scheduled Transaction alone does not send any Bill Pay instructions to your Bank.
- Fixed an issue where a transaction could be shown as “Sent” but also in an Error state. (That's confusing!thanks to Jim from Quicken Live Community for pointing this out).
- Fixed text on the Online Payments tab in the register that said "Processing" for transactions that were actually "Paid”.
- Online Bill Payment check numbers now display in the Check Number field (Thanks Beta tester, macuser_22). Note that not all banks return a check number.
- Quicken 2007 files that previously had Bill Pay transactions in an Error Recovery state can now be imported (thanks to Beta tester, deanesfield).
- Online Transfers are now included on the Send Payments window.
Download Quality Fixes
- Fixed a number of issues that could result in duplicate transactions when switching connection methods(Thanks to J Eiechorn, M. Vitulli, T. Swingle, muddiwater and many others). For example:
- Switching from a Quicken Connect to Direct Connect.
- Switching from Direct Connect to Quicken Connect.
- Importing a QFX file and then connecting via Quicken Connect.
- "Clean up payees" preference is now respected for Quicken Connect accounts (Thanks to Beta tester, kbw4).
- Fixed an issue where transaction download could time out before completing.
- Fixed an issue where some customers saw a “generic error” when attempting to download.
- Fixed an issue where some customers received “Error 185” even after entering correct credentials to an MFA challenge.
- Fixed an issue where customers of Direct Connect banks that require a PIN change on first use were being prompted to change their PIN more than once.
Lot of Crash fixes
- Fixed 13 different crashes that could occur in multiple contexts--importing a QIF file, updating quotes, sending a Bill Pay Transaction, while using the cash or investing register, while dragging a transaction to a different account and more.
- Thanks to EVERYONE that sends a Crash Report after experiencing a crash. When you launch Quicken after a crash you will be prompted to send a crash report. These reports are anonymous (entering your email in the report form is completely optional). These reports are the primary way we discover and fix crashes. So if you see the form, please click send. Thanks.
And more Fixes
- Reconcile Starting and Ending Balance no longer defaults to a negative number.
- Note that you should always enter whole numbers (no negative signs) even in Credit Card accounts. Using a negative number will make it impossible to reconcile properly. Big thanks to all of you that brought this to our attention.
- Scheduled Transactions should now match to downloaded transactions!
- Transactions entered in manual accounts will no longer display the "Manual transaction" pencil icon (since all transactions are entered manually).
- Fixed an issue where Reinvest Dividend transaction totals were inflated in the exported TurboTax (.TXF) file (thanks to gNeil and JM in Quicken Live Community).
- Fixed an issue where account values could mysteriously disappear in the sidebar (thanks Beta tester, ctquinn).
- Fixed an issue where Today's Gain/Loss amount on All Investments Portfolio view was inaccurate because it did not include all accounts. (Thanks to Beta Tester, cowgs)
- Fixed an issue where past due Scheduled Transactions did not always display in the Calendar.
- Fixed an issue where the Import option for Quicken Essentials and Quicken 2015 files was not working properly.
- Fixed an issue where Opening a Quicken Essentials or Quicken 2015 backup didn't always perform the correct setup steps.
- Fixed an issue where importing a Quicken 2007 account could result in transactions going to wrong register.
- Fixed an issue where shares for Option transactions could be incorrectly calculated.
- Fixed an issue where importing an Investment QFX file could result in only placeholder transactions being imported.
- Fixed an issue with the display of Investing quotes "Last Updated"time on the Portfolio view.
- Fixed an issue where Day Change on the Portfolio view showed in the wrong color if the account had a negative balance.
- Fixed an issue where Day Change and Today's Gain/Loss amounts on the Portfolio view were not getting updated if two securities had the same ticker.
We hope this release improves your Quicken for Mac experience. We're already hard at work on 3.2.0. Stay tuned.
Thanks for being a Quicken Customer,
The Quicken Mac Team
- Security Update: Enhanced the security of the Software Update window (shown when an update is available)
3.0.4 is a minor update to 3.0.3 that includes several targeted fixes.
- Fixed an issue that could cause random crashes after upgrading to OS X v10.11 (El Capitan).
- Fixed an issue that prevented Quicken from importing certain Quicken 2007 files. Quicken could crash and/or display a message that said “An error occurred while preparing the file to be imported”. Customers that experienced this error should now be able to import their 2007 file.
- Fixed an issue where Quicken could crash after editing a transaction in the register.
- Fixed issues where downloading or syncing could show errors 500, 502, 503, or 504.
- Added a feature that allows you to revert to the original Payee Names provided by your financial institution. This will change any “cleaned up” Payee Names supplied by Quicken (or any name you entered manually) back to the original Payee Name sent by your financial institution. To use this feature:
- Select one or more transactions in your register.
- Control + Click on the selected transaction(s) and choose "Revert to Downloaded Payee Name” from the contextual menu.
- Fixed an issue where sending an Direct Connect Bill Pay payment could show error “2005_Description”
- Fixed an issue where opening a Quicken 2015 file in Quicken 2016 could show duplicate transactions in Direct Connect accounts that support Bill Pay.
- Fixed an issue where using special characters in the name of an Direct Connect Bill Pay payee could show error 400.
- Fixed an issue where switching a Wells Fargo account from Quicken Connect to Direct Connect could show error 409.
- Fixed an issue where future-dated investment transactions were incorrectly affecting portfolio and market value calculations.
- Fixed an issue where the Net Worth Over Time and Spending Over Time reports sometimes didn't show the final month if a custom date range was selected.
- Fixed an issue where the footer of a printed report or register would be upside down when using OS X 10.11 (El Capitan).
- Fixed an issue where new transactions downloaded in Quicken Connect accounts for an existing payee didn't always use the category that had been used in the past for that payee.
- Fixed an issue where MiscExpX transactions imported from a Quicken Windows file were always uncategorized.
- Fixed an issue where accounts could sometimes be incorrectly renamed during mobile sync or when downloading a Quicken Connect account.
- Added an “FI Id” register column that displays the FITID of a transaction for troubleshooting purposes. Choose the View > Columns (...) > FI Id menu item to make it visible.
- Removed the amount displayed in the top-right corner of the register when viewing the Spending or Income tabs to avoid confusion. The amount was labeled “Net Worth” but the calculation was more complicated than that.
- Quicken will no longer show the “Alerts” item in the sidebar if mobile sync is disabled.
- For new accounts, Quicken will no longer recalculate the opening balance adjustment if transactions are added with the same date as the date on which the initial download and balance calculation occurred.
- Added a tooltip for opening balance adjustment transactions to describe how the adjustment amount is calculated. Adding, deleting, or modifying transactions dated prior to the date reported in the tooltip will recalculate the adjustment amount.
- Alert notifications (“High Spending” etc) now have a “Close All” button to close all alerts.
- When editing a transaction, you can now type “Transfer” in the Check # column to configure the transaction as a Direct Connect transfer.
- Updated the product tour that's shown the first time you open Quicken
- Quicken will now switch to “Overview” (instead of “All Accounts”) after creating a new document
- Signing in to an existing Intuit ID is now the default option (instead of creating a new Intuit ID) if you have ever entered an Intuit ID in Quicken before
- Updated the Quicken Windows conversion instructions
- Fixed an issue where modifications to Bill Pay payees weren't always uploaded to your bank
- Fixed an issue where the Quicken Windows converter (running in Windows) was unable to open a Quicken file
- Fixed an issue where canceling a bill payment could report that the transaction was damaged
- Fixed a crash that could occur when making a transfer between a savings and checking account
- Fixed a crash that could occur when adding a subcategory with colon characters in its name
- First release of Quicken 2016