NEST INTERFACE UPDATE 07/2015: Nest updated their interface for the one that you see in the screenshots. Climate supports resizing of its window so that you can adjust the window to better fit the new interface. I plan on getting an update released soon to fix some other compatibility issues that occurred with the Nest update. Thanks for using Climate!
Climate provides quick and easy access to manage your Nest® thermostat directly the menu bar on your Mac. You no longer need to walk to your Nest in order to change temperature or settings.
Display your temperature settings directly in the menu bar. This allows you to quickly glance and verify that your thermostat is setup just as you like it.
Receive notifications straight to your desktop when your Nest® temperature has changed, has been set to Away and other important events.
Have you ever been home and wished that you could temporarily stop your Nests from getting set to Away? You can allow Climate to ensure that your Nest never enters away mode for up to 8 hours. Then you never need to worry about unwanted changes in temperature when your Nest thinks you are not home when you actually are.
Configuring Notifications I am working on preferences to control the notifications. Until that update, you can tweak how the notifications are displayed inside your Notifications System Preference pane.
Important In order to use this application, you will need to own a Nest® thermostat and have access to your online account at home.nest.com.
Got questions or feedback? Give us a shout at joeworkman.net/support
Icon designed by KaL MichaeL
Nest® is a trademark of Nest Labs, Inc. Climate is not affiliated with or endorsed by Nest Labs, Inc.
I hope that you enjoy some of the great new features in this update. The resizable window and new "prevent away" feature are amazing additions to the app. I hope that you enjoy this update.
1. Dark Mode support for Yosemite users.
2. New default window size for better support on lower resolution displays.
3. Window is now resizable.
4. Updated Preferences pane control styles.
5. Nest Protect devices no longer will be displayed inside the devices table.
6. Nest Protect devices are no longer allowed to be shown in the menu bar.
7. New preference for enabling notifications on heat/cool state changes.
8. New Prevent Away menu action that will stop your Nest from entering away mode for 8 hours.
9. Once you have seen the Nest UI tutorial lightbox, you should no longer see it again.
10. Logout menu action works again.
Thank you all for your continued support and admiration for Climate. If you could leave a review for this version, it would be greatly appreciated.
Climate (com.joeworkman.mynest) is a Mac software application that has been discovered and submitted by users of Software.com.
The latest version that our users have reported running on their systems is Climate 130.
Operating System: Mac
Minimum OS version: 10.7
Copyright: Copyright (c) 2013 Joe Workman