File Rename lets you rename a number of files quickly and easily, saving you time and effort. Drag and drop one or more folders from Finder onto the application icon or dock icon and you're ready to start renaming files.
Friendly, Fast and Complete
File Rename aims to be the friendliest, fastest, most complete batch/bulk file renaming tool for OS X. With over 12 different rename options, it can handle most renaming tasks (and if it doesn't do what you need, just drop us an email and we'll try our best to implement it, as we are always looking to improve the application).
Real-Time Preview and Undo Feature
File Rename displays a real-time preview of the renamed files so you can confirm the changes before actually performing any renaming. You can also use the Quick Look feature to check the contents of the files you are renaming. Should you decide after a rename that you want to revert the changes, there's an undo feature.
For Digital Photographers
File Rename makes it quick and easy for photographers to create detailed filenames for all their photos by adding number sequences, date information of when the photo was taken and EXIF metadata such as: width & height, aperture, ISO, focal length, F-number and shutter speed.
For Music Enthusiasts
File Rename is ideal for renaming audio files such as MP3s. As long as the audio files contain the relevant metadata, you can standardise the names of audio files, by including information such as: title, artist, album, album artist, genre, composer, year, track number, track total, disc number, disc total, bit rate, sample rate and duration.
12 Powerful Rename Options
The 12 rename options outlined below make File Rename a very powerful rename tool for general file renames, for renaming photos using EXIF metadata, for renaming audio files such as MP3s using the file's id tag information.
Simultaneous Rename Options
The 12 rename options can be used in conjunction with each other making complex renaming a simple task. An intuitive user interface makes it easy to see at a glance which options are currently in use.
· Prefix - add some text to the start of a filename.
· Postfix - add some text to the end of a filename.
· Keep original name - keep the original filenames.
· Delete original name - delete the original filenames.
· Substitute original name - overwrite existing filenames with a fixed filename.
· All lowercase, All uppercase, Title case, Sentence case, Camel case, Capitalize.
· Replace all/1st/2nd/3rd/last occurrences of something with something else.
· Insert text before or after 1st/2nd/3rd/4th/last occurrences of specific text.
· Remove all/1st/2nd/3rd/last occurrences of specific text.
· Remove a number of characters from the beginning or end of filenames.
· Add a numerical sequence to the start or end of filenames.
Date & Time Options
· Add date and/or time to the start or end of filenames. Includes over 50 date styles and over 25 time styles.
· Include in photo filenames metadata such as: width & height, aperture, ISO, focal length, F-number, shutter speed, artist, copyright, description and keywords.
· Include in audio filenames metadata such as: title, artist, album, album artist, genre, composer, year, track number, track total, disc number, disc total, bit rate, sample rate and duration.
If File Rename notices that a filename clash is going to occur it automatically resolves the clash by ensuring each name is unique.
This application is suitable for professionals, business users and developers alike.
File Rename's big brother File Rename Pro also includes support for regular expressions.
Note: File Rename does not support the renaming of folders.
Performance Enhancement: Up to 30x faster in calculating renames for files.
New Feature: Image Metadata now includes: Artist, Copyright, Description and Keywords.
New Feature: Added additional sequence formats: 00001 and 000001.
New Feature: Added additional "4th occurrence of" option when inserting.
Bug Fix: Fixed problem with renaming files on NAS and external devices.
Bug Fix: Photo's creation date has been corrected with regards to timezones.
Bug Fix: Fixed problem with dates formatted with forward slashes.
UI Change: Only folders can be drag and dropped onto the application icon.
File Rename (com.ilialang.file-rename) is a Mac software application that has been discovered and submitted by users of Software.com.
Default Install Path: /Applications/File Rename.app
Minimum OS version: 10.6
Copyright: Copyright (c) 2011 - 2012 ilia Language Services Ltd. All rights reserved.