Smart Shooter is a digital photography work flow application for tethered shooting, remote capture and advanced camera control.
Smart Shooter allows you to fully control your camera from your Mac, giving you freedom to explore and experiment to help take the perfect picture. Automatic download and display means you can fully evaluate your photos in seconds, and real time live view output will help you focus and compose the scene. Scripting language lets you control your camera, allowing you to take multiple photos with varying settings just by clicking a single button.
Smart Shooter is aimed at both the professional and amateur photographer, providing them with the following features:
● Remote camera control via USB cable
● Full control of camera settings
● Photo download and display on Mac
● Real time zooming/panning photo display
● Live View display including overlay mode
● Live View recording of each frame to JPEG file
● Bulb shooting with timed exposure
● Automatic control via scripting
● Tethered shooting with automatic download and preview
Smart Shooter works with all recent Canon EOS DSLR and Nikon DSLR cameras.
The following Canon cameras are supported:
1D Mark IV,1D C, 5D Mark II, 5D Mark III, 5DS, 5DS R, 6D, 7D, 7D Mark II, 40D, 50D, 60D, 70D, 80D, 100D, 450D, 500D, 550D, 600D, 650D, 700D, 750D, 760D, 1000D, 1100D, 1200D, 1300D,
Rebel SL1, Rebel T1i, Rebel T2i, Rebel T3i, Rebel XS, Rebel T3, Rebel T4i, Rebel T5, Rebel T5i, Rebel T6, Rebel, T6i, Rebel T6s, Rebel XSi
Kiss F, Kiss X2, Kiss X3, Kiss X4, Kiss X5, Kiss X6i, Kiss X7, Kiss X8i, 8000D, Kiss X50, Kiss X70, Kiss X80
The following Nikon cameras are supported:
Df, D3, D3s, D3x, D4, D4s, D90, D300, D300s, D600, D610, D700, D750, D800, D800E, D810, D3000, D3100, D3200, D3300, D5000, D5100, D5200, D5300, D5500 D7000, D7100, D7200.
Please see the support website for full details of supported cameras and features.
● Fix crash with Canon cameras on Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan)
● Add support for Canon 80D
● Add support for Canon 1300D / Rebel T6 / Kiss X80
● Add support for Canon 1D X Mark II
● Fix positioning of liveview zoom with rotated display
● Only rotate displayed photos if orientation if not specified in photo file
● Update to Canon EDSDK v3.4
● Support utf-8 text
● Add filename expression token [E] for photo file extension
● Fix crash when reading JPEG image if file contains bad data
● Keep history of previous log file contents (up to 8mbyte limit)
● Fix issue of data file corruption after crash
● Fix crash on mac when opening photo in external editor app
● Fix crash when deleting and then taking photo with the same filename
● Fix crash when UI has to resize scroll bars
● Detect JPEG orientation from Nikon photos
● Ensure Canon storage mode is not forced to Disk on first connection
● Detect orientation of JPEG images and auto-rotate display
● Add ability for applying presets to custom camera selection
Smart Shooter 3 (com.kuvacode.smartshooter3) is a Mac software application that has been discovered and submitted by users of Software.com.
The latest version that our users have reported running on their systems is Smart Shooter 3 3.21.0.