- 02/04/2013The sidebar now has an "All Tasks" item that shows all tasks, depending on the filters one has set.The task count badge for folders and contexts is only shown if there are tasks for that folder or context.1.1.14
- 09/06/2012Quick Task screen now includes task starQuick Task screen now stays on-screen after entering a task so that multiple tasks can be quickly entered.Fix synchronization issues experienced by some usersFix a problem with task titles reverting to previous title after synchFix an error seen by some users during synch1.1.13
- 08/06/2012OS X Mountain Lion compatibility fixesCompatibility with GatekeeperFix refresh problem when creating a new folder1.1.12
- 09/20/2011Fix crashes for some users on Snow Leopard1.1.11
- 08/02/2011OS X Lion compatibility fixes.Fixed refresh issue for folders and contexts in left pane.1.1.10
- 06/06/2011Fixed problem with tasks not showing for some users of localized versions1.1.9
- 05/23/2011Localization for French/German/Korean/Spanish 1.1.8
- 05/05/2011Fixed problem with synchronizing due to change in Toodledo API 1.1.7
- 05/02/2011Left (Folders, etc.) pane size can now be minimizedNotes field now consistently has scrollbars for large task notesTasks without contexts are now properly assigned to "None" on first runSynchronization now consistently synchronizes more than 1000 tasksTrash task count is now properly updated when deleting a task 1.1.6
- 03/01/2011Toolbar is now customizable and can be hiddenSubtasks can be created with toolbar button, menu, and keyboard hotkeyColor settings are now respectedBetter default colors - reset with Reset button in PreferencesTask notes and titles with ampersands ("&") and semicolons (";") are no longer truncated on syncClosing main window no longer closes TaskSurferBetter keyboard navigation in task details"Visit forums" menu item in Help menu 1.1.5
- 02/03/2011Fixed - Subtasks are not shown in Today/Trash/InboxFixed - Deleting a task moves list pointer to the top, and not the previous or next taskFixed - Length field is non-functional and causes application freezeFixed - Long task titles give "title too long" error when savingFixed - Entering a new task does not give focus to details title fieldFixed - Repeating tasks no longer repeat after syncFixed - Changing priority/folder/context/state in details view does not save valueFixed - Main window should be allowed to be smaller 1.1.3
- 01/13/2011Fixed - Crash when synchronizing with Toodledo 1.1.1
- 01/12/2011Fixed - TaskSurfer display does not update when clicking Due Date column header 1.1.0
- 01/05/2011Subtasks! TaskSurfer now supports subtasks for Toodledo Pro accountsFixed - Creating a new folder in TaskSurfer does not create folder on Toodledo, and causes duplicate foldersFixed - New tags cause TaskSurfer to crash when syncing to Toodledo1.0.3
- 10/1/2010Release versionFixed - Date picker shows clock in some instancesFixed - Disk image file (DMG) opens as folder and not image1.0.0
- 9/22/2010 Release candidate status Final application icon Fixed - Smart folder date clauses are not refreshed after midnight Fixed - Changing task folder via popup does not sync change to Toodledo0.9.70
- 9/15/2010 New icons throughout Fixed - Login names don't accept "+" or other chars0.9.69
- 9/10/2010 Trial period extended to 9/30/2010 Added Length to column options Added option to enter registration in TaskSurfer menu User configurable setting for how Smart Folders handle completed tasks Completed clause is back in Smart Folders Fixed - selecting expandable nodes in sidebar (Folders/Contexts/Smart Folders) shows random list of tasks Fixed - root cause of a number of crashes at the end of synchronization Fixed - add labels to registration dialog text fields to reduce confusion on what to enter0.9.64
- 9/7/2010 Help file updated (still incomplete) Fixed - High CPU usage during sync Fixed - Tag Browser does not filter out completed tasks as per user prefs Fixed - Selecting Context will move tasks tableview selection to first row Fixed - Tag is lost when Tag Browser is shown Fixed - Folder and Smart Folder management: fix or ditch the Info buttons Fixed - If folder with no tasks is selected, showing Tag Browser shows empty screen Fixed - Update About box with credits Fixed - Smart folder item list contains "folders.title" in addition to "Folder" Fixed - Smart folders - Boolean fields only accept numbers, not Yes/No Fixed - Syncing creates multiple "None" contexts Fixed - Change in Folder and Context names not sync'ing Fixed - Synchronization of Notes when adding from TaskSurfer Fixed - Archiving/Unarchiving folders does not refresh sidebar0.9.61
- 9/1/2010 Major UI cleanup and improvements Improved stability - eliminate several crash-prone bugs Licensing and trial mode Removed expiration date, now uses trial date Extra color settings in Preferences New Task button on main toolbar New folders and contexts are placed in edit mode on creation to make it obvious that they were added Smart Folders support "is within the last X days"Fixed - Contexts created locally do not show up on Toodledo.com Fixed - Smart Folders should filter completed tasks as per preferences Fixed - Smart Folders return unexpected results for some date filters Fixed - Smart Folders should not include tasks with blank dates when filter on date fields Fixed - Smart Folders are not sorted Fixed - Context menu in task panel - "None" should remove relationship between context and task Fixed - Crashes after syncing when refreshing sidebar 0.9.60
- 8/23/2010 IMPORTANT NOTE:
You must synchronize to Toodledo before installing this update to avoid data loss. If you have made changes and not synchronized, cancel this update and synchronize now. Once the update is install, and TaskSurfer restarts, your tasks will be empty. Resynchronize with Toodledo, and your data will be restored. The exception is smart folders
. Since smart folders are not stored on the Toodledo servers, they will not be migrated.
Moved data storage to SQLite, which will use less memory and potentially better performance. Quick Tasks can be created from Services menu for highlighted text (may need to be turned on in Services Preferences) Sync-on-Launch now a user-configurable preference User-configurable sync interval in Preferences Empty Trash now actually empties Trash Tasks can be dragged to Inbox at top of the display Sidebar icons, arrows, and text rearrangement to consume less screen space and more closely resemble other Mac OS applications Creation date and modified date can now be displayed in task list via Preferences Creation date and modified date can now be used in Smart Folders Fixed - Clicking column headers does not sort tasks Fixed - Today/Inbox/Location/Trash titles can be edited Fixed - Contexts and Folders deleted on Toodledo are not deleted in TaskSurfer. Fixed - Tasks with contexts that were deleted are not moved to "None", and Context popup menu lists strange name Fixed - Quick Task window does not get focus when invoked Fixed - Quick Task Save/Don't Save buttons are not tied to Enter/Esc keys Fixed - Sidebar text is not centered with icons Fixed - Quick Task windows does not alphabetically sort popup menus, and does not filter out deleted items Fixed - Sidebar not properly refreshed when context or folder is changed for a task Fixed - Changes to Smart Folder are not immediately refreshed in sidebar Fixed - Folders and Contexts management windows do not get focus when invoked 0.9.55
- 8/15/2010 Fixed - TaskSurfer would not run on some 32-bit Intel Macs 0.9.53
- 8/15/2010 Crash reporter to send crash reports directly to Frosty Dogs Improved messages during Toodledo synchronization Support for Toodledo length field, including Smart Folders Preferences settings for dock badge: select Today tasks, Inbox tasks, both, or none Preferences settings for columns in task list view Fixed - folders view can now be navigated, expanded and collapsed via keyboard Fixed - smart folders filter out deleted tasks Fixed - shortcut menu for Trash to allow emptying Trash Fixed - folders view is properly refreshed when items are deleted 0.9.40 IMPORTANT NOTE:
You must synchronize to Toodledo before installing this update to avoid data loss. If you have made changes and not synchronized, cancel this update and synchronize now. After synchronization, you must then quit TaskSurfer and delete the TM.xml
file in /Users/(Your User Name)/Library/Application Support/TaskSurfer
. Once that is complete, start TaskSurfer, check for updates, and install the update.
After installing the update and relaunching TaskSurfer, resynchronize (which it should do automatically) to pull your tasks back into TaskSurfer.
If you receive this error message on start up after installing this update:
The managed object model version used to open the persistent store is incompatible with the one that was used to create the persistent store.
the most likely cause is that you did not delete TM.xml as noted above.
If set to sync with Toodledo, synchronization now takes place on launch List of folders in left pane now refreshes when it should, including after synchronization and when new folders/contexts are created. Improved Smart Folders now handled dates with a choice for "X days in the future", Folder by title, Context by title, and State by title. Also, support for starred tasks. Dock badge for Today and Inbox tasks (will configurable in a future build) UI and Smart Folder support for starring tasks Improved logging for Toodledo errors Fixed - new contexts no longer have blank titles Fixed - TS does not flatten subtasks when uploading back to Toodledo Fixed - notes field now has scrollbar Fixed - crash when uploading to Toodledo under some circumstances 0.9.34 Improved UI behavior with date picker (goes away when date is chosen) Clear button next to date fields in details view to allow clearing of dates Improved handling of drag-and-drop for mail messages Corrected background color of outline view to match other Mac OS applications Fixed - TaskSurfer does not run on 32-bit machines Fixed - Focus Issues with Toodledo Credentials Screen Fixed - Toodledo Log in - Error 110 (probably fixed with credentials screen fix) Fixed - TaskSurfer crashes on first launch Fixed - ToodledoApiErrorDomain error 20 (invalid SSL certificate from Toodledo) Fixed - No scroll function in notes 0.9.30
Fixed crash on first-run startup
Fixed errors when connecting to Toodledo via SLL (Pro account)
TaskSurfer (com.twodogssoftware.tasksurfer) is a Mac software application that has been discovered and submitted by users of Software.com.
The latest version that our users have reported running on their systems is TaskSurfer 1.1.15. The most popular version of this application used by our users is TaskSurfer 0.9.30.
Operating System: Mac
Default Install Path: /Applications/TaskSurfer.app
Minimum OS version: 10.6
Bundle Information: Copyright (C) 2011 Two Dogs Software, LLC v1.1.11