Viewfinder searches Flickr's four billion photos in a snap to bring you the images you need. You can search tags, titles and descriptions and sort by most interesting, most relevant or most recent.
Viewfinder also helps you find images with Creative Commons licenses and generates attribution text for you.
Version 1.4.2 - September 9th 2013
- Runs in App Sandbox
- More responsive over cellular network speeds
- Filters out duplicate photos returned by Flickr
- Loading a new set of photo thumbnails would cancel any incomplete thumbnail downloads – fixed
- Loading a photo in QuickLook would happen after all thumbnail downloads – now prioritized
- Scrolling to new photos when a new set is loaded now works on every load not just infinite scrolling
Version 1.4.1 - June 5th 2013
- Fix an occasional crash when downloading a photo
Version 1.4 - May 8th 2013
- Runs in App Sandbox
- New options in Help menu (Video Tutorials, Release Notes, and Support Request)
- Crash reporter
- Adds creator contact info to photo EXIF data
- Scrolls to new images when loading more
- Help book is now correctly indexed and searchable
- Fixed an issue when canceling the selection of an alternative download folder
- Infinite scrolling would try to load more images when no more were available - fixed
- More reliably prevents Orphan Works
- Uses the correct EXIF field for the Creative Commons license info
- Fixes possible unexpected search behavior when loading more images
- Help book has updated look
- If you had specified an alternative download folder in a previous version of Viewfinder, you will need to set it again.
- Reflects new company name, Glencode LLC
Version 1.3.1 - March 25th 2013
- Fix issue drawing non-downloadable photo tag on retina displays on OS X Mountain Lion
Version 1.3 - February 4th 2013
- Support for Notification Center in OS X Mountain Lion
- In-app purchase
- Enter Full Screen menu item
- Restore support for Growl notifications
- After canceling downloads during trials, the downloads in progress alert may still be displayed on quit - fixed
- If the search term was changed or cleared, before the License or Sort was the changed, the search would execute but the previous search term was used - fixed
- If Export to Keynote was used and Keynote was not installed, Viewfinder would hang indefinitely - fixed by introducing a check for the presence of Keynote
- When exporting to Keynote successfully, Viewfinder would briefly hang - fixed
- Software Update is no longer optional
- Minimum OS: OS X 10.7.3
Version 1.2.1 - November 26th 2012
- License viewer
- Find command in Edit menu would not work if the main window was not the frontmost window - fixed
- Use the search sheet for the Find command when the toolbar is in text-only mode or hidden
- Find command keyboard shortcut is now Cmd-F
Version 1.2 - November 15th 2012
- Infinite scrolling. Scroll to the bottom and more images are downloaded.
- Compatible with Gatekeeper
- Filter on 1800px size
- Size filter is now based on standard resolutions
- Retina display support
- Updated UI
- Non-downloadable photos are tagged
- Window menu contents have been cleaned up
- Fixes hanging after searching on OS X Mountain Lion
- Cancelled image downloads now display correctly in the UI
- Don't penalize unregistered users for cancelled downloads
- Disable image actions in download contextual menu until download completes
- Clearing downloads did not clear failed or cancelled downloads - fixed
- The contextual menu for a non-downloadable photo no longer has download options enabled
- Background software update checks would not run until a manual check had been run - fixed
- HTML block is now valid markup
- After using the contextual menu for a photo, the menu would appear again - fixed
- Viewfinder is now owned by Sweeter Rhythm, LLC
- Minimum OS: Mac OS X 10.6.8
- This is the last major release to support Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
Version 1.1.1 - July 14th 2011
- Special build of 1.1 for the Mac App Store
Version 1.1 - July 2nd 2011
- A new menu item Downloadable Images Only allows you to hide images that you can't download from view.
- Viewfinder supports full-screen mode on Mac OS X 10.7.
- Includes some support for automatic resume on Mac OS X 10.7.
- Viewfinder is now more efficient with your bandwidth when loading large numbers of images.
Version 1.0.6 - January 28th 2010
- Viewfinder now supports pinch to zoom the browser on newer laptop trackpads.
- Fixed a bug that was preventing the Search in Viewfinder service from starting a search after launching the app.
- Viewfinder now shows a suppressible alert when "Load More" brings back no results.
- If a photo's title includes '/', Viewfinder now substitutes that character before saving the file, rather than falling back on the Flickr file name.
Version 1.0.5 - November 27th 2009
- Viewfinder now supports paging through results with the Load More button, rather than reloading every time.
- Added a Service for searching selected text in Viewfinder.
- Fixed a priority bug in queueing images for download to improve thumbnail display performance with large result sets.
Version 1.0.4 - November 21st 2009
- Fixed a bug that caused the Copy HTML menu item to always be enabled, even when not appropriate.
Version 1.0.3 - November 21st 2009
- Added "Copy HTML Block" command to Edit menu and browser contextual menu.
- Tidied up download manager contextual menu.
Version 1.0.2 - November 12th 2009
- Added a suppressible alert when the search returns no results.
- Improved the display of network-error-related alert sheets.
- Fixed a bug that would cause Reveal and Set Desktop to fail if a file was moved after download.
- Added search sheet for the case in which the toolbar is in text-only mode.
Version 1.0.1 - November 7th 2009
- Improved handling of multiple displays when both are identically named.
- Fixed a bug that caused display names to use the wrong localisation in the multiple display alert sheet.
- Fixed a typo in the unregistered sheet.
Version 1.0 - November 5th 2009
App Store edition only
Direct edition only
Viewfinder (com.connectedflow.viewfinder) is a Mac software application that has been discovered and submitted by users of Software.com.
The latest version that our users have reported running on their systems is Viewfinder 87. The most popular version of this application used by our users is Viewfinder 59.
Operating System: Mac
Default Install Path: /Applications/Viewfinder.app
Minimum OS version: 10.6
Copyright: (c) 2009-2011 Connected Flow, Ltd.