Tembo is a super-efficient, organized file search tool. It will get to your files as quickly as possible. Tembo finds files, folders, mail messages, bookmarks, images, etc.Bookmarks & History: Type, URL Domain
Search starts with a single text entry. From there, Tembo takes a guiding role to get you to your files. It groups search results by file type category. Within each category, it provides appropriate filters to narrow down search results.
For each group, Tembo first shows the top 10 matches. Often enough, you will find the sought for file right there.
The real power of Tembo is revealed when you drill down into a group. You will find up to 10'000 search results within each group. Tembo provides you with context-appropriate filters. These help you sort through the list of results and quickly find what you are looking for. E.g. a single click reduces Documents search results to only Word files.
Tembo is focused on file search, easy to use and makes finding files easy. Painless. Actually: enjoyable.
\\ What filters are available?
Documents: File Type
Fonts: File Type
Images: Resolution, File Type
Messages: Subject, From, To
Movies: File Type, Codec
Music: Artist, File Type
PDF Documents: Author
Source Code Files: File Type
\\ What is new in Tembo 2.0 ?
Actions: rename, tag, or trash files from search results
Sharing: send files by Mail, Messages, Facebook, etc.
File Info window: easy-to-read overview of important file properties
View options: font size, date format, grid of icons or previews
Collapsible groups: hide seldomly visited groups
Menu bar button and global keyboard shortcuts
Speed and looks! Faster. Better looking.
\\ What can I do with search results?
Double-click a file to open it.
Hold the option key while double-clicking to send Tembo to the background
Use the action button to perform tasks: rename, trash, tag, etc.
Use the share button to share selected files with others
Hit the space bar to get a QuickLook preview of the file
Control-click or right-click to access the context menu
Drag a file out of Tembo into Finder or into another application
\\ Which files can Tembo find?
Tembo uses the existing Spotlight index. Tembo can find any file indexed by Spotlight. This includes files in the Library folders, but excludes most system files, hidden files, etc.
Tips & Tricks blog
Latest Tembo posts on the Houdah Tips & Tricks blog:
- Fixes a bug where the filter sidebar in drill-down groups could not be resized
- Fixes a bug where the sidebar next to grouped results grew to take up too much space
- Ready for macOS 10.12 Sierra
- Fixes a crash when receiving unexpected values from the Spotlight index
- Drag files from search results to the Trash to delete
- Minor bug fixes
- Tembo now shows Finder tag colors in search results
- Long file names now wrap over two lines in grid view
- Improved performance and responsiveness in the grouped display of search results
- Fixes a bug where the date filters failed to work
- New menu item to select a folder to search: Options > Where > Select Folder…
- Fixes a crash when dragging folders to the Where section of the sidebar
- Fixes a bug where certain date locale settings could cause Tembo to crash on launch
- Fixes mistakes in the German and French localizations
- Improves performance of loading event date values in the Events & Reminders group
- Searches across multiple folders can now be started from Apple Script
- Fixes an issue where the scroll bar in icon view had the wrong height
- Tembo can now search several locations at once. Hold the command key as you select a search location to add it to the current selection
- The search field now understands a wider variety of date formats
- Fixed a bug where the search field had focus, but failed to show the insertion point
- Actions: rename, tag, or trash files from search results
- Sharing: send files by Mail, Messages, Facebook, etc.
- File Info window: easy-to-read overview of important file properties
- View options: font size, date format, grid of icons or previews
- Collapsible groups: hide seldom visited groups
- Menu bar button and global keyboard shortcuts
- Same powerful search field as found in HoudahSpot 2.0
- Speed. Tembo is faster than ever
- Built for OS X 10.10 Yosemite
Tembo (com.houdah.tembo2) is a Mac software application that has been discovered and submitted by users of Software.com.
The latest version that our users have reported running on their systems is Tembo 13470. The most popular version of this application used by our users is Tembo 11049.
Operating System: Mac
Minimum OS version: 10.10
Copyright: Copyright (c) 2010-2015 Houdah Software s. r.l. All rights reserved.