Version 2.18 Changes:
- [Improvement] Most updates will no longer require entering the administrator password multiple times.
- [Fixed] Issue where it was possible that the fan speed would not be lowered after an Auto Boost rule turned off.
Version 2.17 Changes:
- [New] Using specific sensor lists and labelling for 2006 MacPro (including 8x core), Early 2008 MacPro, Early 2009 MacPro, and Mid 2010-2012 MacPro models.
- [Improvement] Changed the under-the-hood logic for fan Auto Boost to be more reliable.
- [Improvement] Auto Boost rules now start from the current rpm instead of always going to the minimum first.
- [Improvement] Temperatures and fan speeds will not be checked for a few seconds after the system wakes up from sleep. This should help with abnormal temperatures being reported by the sensors in this situation.
- [Improvement] Turned off any type of anonymous analytics from HockeySDK which includes any network connections it was making.
- [Fixed] Issue where after waking from sleep the manual or Auto Boost rules to lower a fan would no longer work.
- [Fixed] Issue where setting override system control could set it for all fans instead of just one.
- [Fixed] Issue where some Auto Boost rules wouldn't be triggered.
- [Fixed] Issue where a separator could be missing between the CPU and logic board sensors in the status menu.
- [Fixed] Updated Paddle framework to fix their bug where some licenses would revert back to trial mode.
Version 2.16 Changes:
- [Improvement] Optimized three different areas for slightly lower CPU usage when updating temperaures and fan speeds.
- [Fixed] Issue that would happen in OS X 10.10.2, preventing the app from launching correctly.
Version 2.15 Changes:
- [Fixed] Issue where a bug in OS X 10.9 was causing a crash on app launch.
Version 2.14 Changes:
- [Fixed] Improved app stabilty by resolving a few infrequent crashes.
- [New] Folder creation is now availble when choosing the location of the log file.
- [New] Show an alert if there is a problem when writing to the log file. Example: If the disk is out of space.
- [New] Added message in both the main window and the status menu when the hardware has turned off the fan. This can occur when the temperatures are low enough on 2015 MacBook Pro 13 inch models.
Version 2.13 Changes:
- [Fixed] Updated Paddle framework to resolve potential crash when purchasing using PayPal.
- [Improvement] Minor tweaks under the hood and to the UI.
Version 2.12 Changes:
- [Fixed] Updated Paddle framework to resolve issue where it was possible to have an older license revert back to a trial.
Version 2.11 Changes:
- [New] Working around an issue in the Paddle framework where for a small number of customers the license could be lost.
Version 2.10 Changes:
- [Fixed] Updated the Paddle framework which resolves a bug in it where a small percertange of customers had to re-enter their license key after updating the app.
- [Fixed] Issue where it would sometimes show "Invalid Fan" in the menubar.
- [Fixed] Issue where the daily log file would be re-created each time the app started up. Now it will simply append to the log.
- [Fixed] Issue where choosing a fan to display in the menubar would revert to Average RPM.
- [New] Using clearer wording for the battery health.
- [New] On Mac models where there are no fans (ex: 2015 MacBook), the fan controls are now hidden in both the main window and the status menu for a cleaner look.
- [New] Minor UI tweaks and fixes.
Version 2.9.12 Changes:
- [Fixed] Issue where battery health wouldn't appear right away for licensed versions of the app.
- [Fixed] Issue where temperature sensor diagnostics would show a green circle even when a sensor was bad.
- [Fixed] Potential crash on app startup.
Version 2.9.11 Changes:
- [Fixed] Issue where Manual and Auto Boost fan modes might not be saved properly when the app quit.
- [New] Added battery health under Diagnostics for Macs with an internal battery. This provides the condition of the battery, any reported hardware issues and the number of charging cycles left according to the battery design.
- [New] Paddle framework has been updated which resolves numerous issues related to app stability and purchasing.
- [New] Removed the ability to show the main window when an Auto Boost rule is activated.
Version 2.9.10 Changes:
- [Fixed] Improved app reliability (fixed potential crashes on app startup).
- [Fixed] Issue where using a new log file each day could leave the previous day's log empty.
- [Fixed] Issue where in rare cases the menubar/menu item text wouldn't display.
- [Fixed] Issue where the check for updates frequency popup was disabled.
- [New] Using a custom control so the fan mode buttons display correctly when using a dark menubar.
- [New] Added feature where you can have the app create and securely upload a support package to Tunabelly. This includes a basic system profiler report (no serial number), console log (with any urls removed), screenshot of the main window, app preferences, crash logs and temperature/fan info.
Version 2.9.9 Changes:
- [New] Added preference to optionally disable fan control when the Mac goes to sleep. This is especially helpful for iMacs where the HD has been replaced and the fan speed is being lowered.
Version 2.9.8 Changes:
- [Fixed] Issue where using the override fan control wouldn't always be immediately active.
- [Fixed] Issue where the log file path wouldn't be visible if logging was disabled.
- [Fixed] Issue where an empty TG Pro Log.csv would be created when it shouldn't have been.
- [New] Updated Sparkle framework to 1.14.0 to resolve potential security risk (see article on Arstechnica for more info).
- [New] Added preference to use ISO8601 dates (YY-MM-DD) for the log file names.
- [New] Replaced Average CPU notification with Highest CPU.
- [New] Added ability to turn individual notifications types on or off.
- [New] Improved the way Auto Boost configs are stored for future updates if more sensors become available.
- [New] Showing license email and key in the about TG Pro dialog.
Version 2.9.7 Changes:
- [New] Added feature to override the system to lower fan speeds. This new feature can be turned on/off per fan.
- [New] Added feature to easily copy all Auto Boost settings from one power source to the other.
- [New] Improved overall reliability of fan control.
- [New] Improved CPU usage slightly.
- [New] Improved sensor naming for some Macs.
- [Fixed] Issue where the previous manual fan control setting wouldn't be restored on app startup.
- [Fixed] Issue with menu bar icon overlapping the text.
- [Fixed] Issue where Auto Boost might not come on when expected.
- [Fixed] Issue where some of the menu bar preference checkboxes were slow to update when clicked.
Version 2.9.5 Changes:
- [Fixed] Auto Boost not working.
Version 2.9.4 Changes:
- [Fixed] Issue with manual fan control settings not persisting across app re-launches.
- [Fixed] Issue where switching from manual to Auto Boost would sometimes keep the manual setting.
- [Fixed] Issue with text including separators not appearing in the menu bar in dark mode.
- [New] Improved app stability (translation: less crashes).
- [New] Improved CPU usage (translation: less CPU usage).
Version 2.9.3 Changes:
- [Fixed] Issue with fan control sometimes not working after updating.
- [Fixed] Issue with menu bar text not displaying properly.
Version 2.9.2 Changes:
- [Fixed] Issue with menu bar text not displaying properly in dark mode.
- [Fixed] Improved sesnor naming for Early 2011 MacBookPro models.
Version 2.9.1 Changes:
- [Fixed] Launching app on systems with less than OS X 10.10.
Version 2.9 Changes:
- [New] Fan control is now simpler. There are three options - System, Manual and Auto Boost.
- [New] Added option to use colors for the menu bar temperatures.
- [New] Added ability to increase specific fans (instead of all) in Auto Boost rules.
- [New] Added Highest and Highest CPU temperature options for use in both the menu bar & Auto Boost rules.
- [New] Added tooltip for the menu bar icon with descriptions of what's being shown.
- [New] Improved sensor naming for some Mac models.
- [Fixed] Issue where nothing would update after registering.
- [Fixed] Issue where "Invalid Fan" would show in the menu bar.
- [Fixed] Issue where it was possible that some Auto Boost rules would not work correctly.
- [Fixed] Issue where drive temperatures were not available in Auto Boost rules.
- [Fixed] Issue where only one Auto Boost notification would ever appear.
- [Fixed] Potential crash on app launch.
- [Fixed] Potential crash when checking drive temperatures.
TG Pro (com.tunabellysoftware.tgpro) is a Mac software application that has been discovered and submitted by users of Software.com.
The latest version that our users have reported running on their systems is TG Pro 3698. The most popular version of this application used by our users is TG Pro 2482.
Operating System: Mac
Minimum OS version: 10.7
Copyright: Copyright (c) 2014 Tunabelly Software Inc. All rights reserved.