Make your words liquid and let the information flow.Search: Google, Google Images, show Homepage, Google maps, YouTube, Flickr, Amazon and LinkedIn.
"Get used to it & you're hooked. Drills deep to the info." Stephen Fry.
"Not only easy to use but tremendously functional." Bruce Horn, original Mac Finder creator.
"You don't know convenience until you try it." Vint Cerf, co-creator of the Internet.
The point of Liquid Words is to let you perform useful actions so quickly you don't even think about it, a world of possibilities just become second nature.
1) Select any text in any application.
2) Enter Command-shift-1 (the Liquid Words bar will now appear with your selected text).
3) Choose a command (by mouse, or faster, through keyboard shortcuts, as indicated next to the command. For example 'r' to open the References menu, then 'w' for Wikipedia).
If you want the Liquid Words bar without selecting text click on the silver sphere icon in your Mac OS X Menu Bar at the top of your screen. The keyboard shortcut command-shift-1 only works when you select text.
References: Wikipedia, Wordnik, Wolfram Alpha, Google Definition, IMDB and Etymo Online.
Calculate: Conversions (currency, temperature, area, speed, distance, volume, weight and data) and calculate any equation right in the Liquid Words bar.
Translate between dozens of languages.
Once you have performed a calculation or translation you can command-c to copy without having to explicitly select the results.
PLEASE RESTART *
Please restart your computer after installation to make sure it's all nice and happy.
THE REAL POWER
The real power comes from the keyboard shortcuts. For example 'r' takes you to References and 'w' to 'Wikipedia'. In other words you can select text and do 'command-shift-1 r,w' for Wikipedia, 'command-shift-1 t,e,j' for to Translate from English to Japanese.
No Problem! Try this:
1) Go to System Preferences and choose Keyboard.
2) Click on Services on the left, then scroll down to Liquid Words on the right.
3) Click on the current keyboard shortcut and do command-shft-1 or another combination you might prefer (if you have a UK keyboard you might want to try command§.
This usually fixes problems.
CONTACT & SUPPORT
Please email us with any questions and comments, we reply to all users email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please play around to learn more or visit the website: www.liquidwords.info/mac
Fixed a strange crash and conversions issue.
Liquid Words (com.hyperwords.liquidwords) is a Mac software application that has been discovered and submitted by users of Software.com.
Operating System: Mac
Default Install Path: /Applications/Liquid Words.app
Minimum OS version: 10.6
Copyright: Copyright (c) 2012 Hyperwords. All rights reserved.