Backup Guru LE provides backup and sync of folders. The App Store version is limited to backup and sync of files which you own (not system files). The website version provides bootable clones and reliable synchronized backups of user-owned and system-owned files alike.
When you are determining which is the best way to back up for you, our belief is that the most important things on your agenda are reliability, and simplicity. That is why we have gone on to create what we believe is the most simple backup solution that can possibly exist in today's day and age. As for reliability, well, that's the other thing we're crazy about.
In part the reliability comes from the simplicity. There is little room for misunderstanding the usage of the software. Secondly reliability is achieved internally in the design by using the same philosophy. For example: when you have already made a back up, and you go do the same back up at a later date in order to preserve your most recent changes made on your drive, this is the time that the program will automatically sync only what has been changed.
Sync is traditionally a grey or even dark area, where historically monsters (or more aptly here, bugs) come from. It's not something you'd associate with reliability and trust in a backup program. Many people accustomed to the lack of reliability of programs would rightfully not fully trust a sync, and would prefer to do a full clone each time in order to be sure they have all of their changes they have made on their drive. But we feel we have solved that issue for sync entirely now. We can confidently state that if you sync your backup, it is 100% just as good as if you had just cloned the folder for the first time. This reliability is borne from implicit simplicity. In order to make reliable sync, 3 basic rules are followed:
1) If the size of the file on the source is different from that on the destination, the file has changed.
2) If the modification time is different on the source or on the destination, the file has changed.
3) if the file has changed, replace the one on the destination from the one from the source.
It's that simple, and that's why it's trustworthy. If you test it even under the harshest conditions you can create, you will find that your synced backups always have all of your even most minor changes, and that they perform perfectly.
Here you have backup you can rely on, and backup that is very easy to use. That is what we want out of backup software for ourselves, and the truth is we originally wrote this program because we needed something just like it, but nothing out there was suitable. Now we are offering it to you.
-Fixed a bug where in rare circumstances for some users the helper app would fail to launch at login
-Fixed a bug in 10.12 Sierra where it would not run with correct permissions from the Downloads folder
-Huge improvements all round. Entire app overhaul.
-Please note that this is a free update. In fact I've never charged for an upgrade for anything.
-By popular request clicking on the file copy animation now makes it go away, permanently. Clicking it again makes it come back (also permanently)
-Minor graphical bug fixes for OS X 10.11 El Capitan
-Fixes an issue with excluding items
- User Interface overhaul. We had a lot of suggestions, and they were all taken into account with this. Please let us know what you think!
- Numerous internal changes
- Fixes a rare issue where the application could shut down on startup for some people
- Improved speed on some copy operations
- Fixes OS X 10.7 backwards compatibility issues
- Bug fixes
- Bug fixes
- Speed improvements
- Memory leak fixed.
- Minor graphical glitch fixed
Version 4.0 Update
- Now integrated with the Finder using the contextual menu in OS X 10.10 "Yosemite". This can be enabled and disabled in System Preferences -> Extensions. A bootable volum$- Expanded support for excluding items. Hold down the Shift key to select multiple items.
- Built-in access to the user guide via the Help menu.
- Improved and streamlined user interface.
- Better handling of Incremental Backups.
- Fixes an issue with Saved backups being saved in the list
Backup Guru LE (io.macdaddy.mac-backup-guru-le) is a Mac software application that has been discovered and submitted by users of Software.com.
The latest version that our users have reported running on their systems is Backup Guru LE 6.2.2. The most popular version of this application used by our users is Backup Guru LE 1.2.0.
Operating System: Mac
Default Install Path: /Applications/Backup Guru LE.app
Minimum OS version: 10.7
Copyright: Copyright (c) MacDaddy.io All rights reserved.