• Full demo available at bit.ly/handsfree2 •••
Use your phone to make calls, text, record conversations and more.
It couldn't be any easier. With HandsFree 2 running in the background (with the always available status icon & menu) you don't have to worry about missing a call or a text message.
And we think the best part is that it works with any Bluetooth enabled phone. That's right, your Android, Windows Phone, BlackBerry or iPhone is compatible. It's like Yosemite's Continuity except for everyone and with more features.
Check out the list of included features:
Make a call right from your Mac by either choosing an existing contact, or by using the dial pad.
Get notified right away of an incoming call with the person's name or number (requires Caller ID service).
Incoming text messages will appear on your Mac, with the option to reply. Need to send a text message? No problem, you can do that too*.
Record any call with one click, as well as easily open up a previous recording.
Quickly see all the missing, incoming and outgoing call lists.
Phone's battery and signal levels, as well as a roaming indicator.
Contacts app plugin.
- Support for sending text messages requires a non-iOS phone. iPhones do not support sending text messages over Bluetooth.
Version 2.5.6 Changes:
- [New] Added button in send text message dialog to quickly show the Emoji chooser.
- [Fixed] Issue where incoming text messages would hang the app when using certain Samsung phones.
- [Fixed] Issue where the audio device could switch back to the built-in microphone and speakers after answering a call on the Mac.
- [Fixed] Issue where it could be hard for the other party to hear you. The input gain for the microphone is now set to the maximum when a call is active. This also really helps when recording conversations.
- [Fixed] Issue where searching for a contact using two words would show incorrect results.
- [Fixed] Potential crash when showing a call dialog.
- [Improved] The app will switch back to the chosen audio device when it's plugged back in. This is especially useful when using a USB headset that is occasionally unplugged.
Version 2.5.5 Changes:
- [Fixed] Issue where the menu text fields wouldn't work on macOS 10.12 (Sierra).
- [Fixed] Issue where phone contacts wouldn't show up as tokens in the send text message dialog.
- [Fixed] Crash when using a phone running Windows Phone 8.1.
- [Fixed] Potential crash if there were no recorded calls.
- [Fixed] Potential crash if a phone AT command timed out.
- [Fixed] Potential crash if the phone is disconnected while downloading phonebooks.
- [Improved] The way the app connects and attempts re-connects for an easier experience.
- [Improved] Monitoring for changes in the recorded calls folder.
- [Improved] Call dialogs so avatars for phone contacts are now displayed.
Version 2.5.4 Changes:
- [Fixed] Issue where existing text messages without a name would have a blank sender.
- [Fixed] Issue where incoming calls without a name would show "Unknown Number". Now it displays a nicely formatted phone number.
- [Fixed] Potential crash if the phone sent back an error response when receiving the phone lists or contacts.
- [Fixed] Potential crash when adding recorded call menu items.
- [Fixed] Three separate crashes in macOS by using custom workarounds.
- [Fixed] Issue where on 10.9 and 10.10.2 the app would not launch properly.
- [Improvement] Immediately focus on the message text field when replying.
Version 2.5.3 Changes:
- [Fixed] Potential macOS crash by turning off the code that auto focuses the dial text field in the menu.
- [Fixed] Potential macOS crashes by adding a custom workaround for a bug in the Bluetooth framework.
- [Fixed] Issue where the text alignment was a bit off for incoming text messages.
- [New] Added a new preference to turn the above workaround off if necessary.
Version 2.5.2 Changes:
- [Fixed] Issue where text messages sent through the app could be incomplete when received, depending on the phone used.
- [Fixed] Potential crash when clicking on the menubar icon.
- [Fixed] Potential crashes if the information from a phone was in an incorrect format and couldn't be decoded.
Version 2.5.1 Changes:
- [New] Added link highlighting in text messages so a single click will open the URL.
- [New] Text message reply button is hidden for phones that aren't capable of sending over Bluetooth (ex: iPhone).
- [Fixed] Dramatically improved search times when typing in the contacts field.
- [Fixed] Potential crash if the phone returned a phonebook in a non-standard format.
- [Fixed] Potential crash if the phone is disconnected while a phonebook is being downloaded.
- [Fixed] Phonebooks will no longer be downloaded if the app doesn't have permission to access the Contacts framework. This is because it's needed for parsing the vCards for each person in a phonebook.
- [Fixed] Potential freeze if the app was downloading a phonebook at the same time as an incoming call.
- [Fixed] Issue where missed call notification would appear after answering a call.
Version 2.5 Changes:
- [New] Phone contacts are automatically imported and shown along with the Mac based ones. Searching for a name looks through both sets of contacts.
- [New] Added ability to view all existing text messages from the phone (supported on most phones except iOS).
- [New] Added support for MMS messages (supported on most phones except iOS).
- [New] Added text fied that gets automatic focus for quickly dialing a phone number when clicking the menu bar icon.
- [New] Added AppleScript support! Dial a phone number, hang up or open the send text message window.
- [New] Added PopClip extensions for dialing or send a text message to a phone number.
- [New] Added Contacts app extension for sending a text message to a phone number.
- [New] Added Send SMS service menu item.
- [New] Added option to show incoming text messages either through the Notification Center, or show the regular dialog through the app.
- [New] Added option for connecting the call audio before it dials - this may help audio issues in some cases.
- [New] Using custom menu items for a better looking UI for call lists and text messages.
- [New] Changed "No Name" to "Unknown Caller" if there is no contact that matches.
- [Fixed] Issue where the play ringtone option checkbox wasn't working.
- [Fixed] Issue where phone numbers wouldn't always get properly matched to a name.
- [Fixed] Issue where it was possible that the phone could get into a connect/disconnect loop.
- [Fixed] Issue where the app wouldn't always reconnect to the phone once it was back within range.
- [Fixed] Issue where clicking a tel: link (ex: from a Safari search for a business) wouldn't work if there were certain encoded characters in the phone number.
- [Fixed] Issue where non-audio files in the recorded calls folder would show in the menu.
- [Fixed] Issue where the "Reveal Recordings" menu item might have have worked.
- [Fixed] Potential crash when adding a new recording.
- [Fixed] Potential crash getting phonebook dates when running on a non-English system.
Version 2.2.1 Changes:
- [New] Updated Sparkle framework to 1.14.0 to resolve potential security risk (see article on Arstechnica for more info).
- [New] Using HTTPS for updates to futher improve security.
Version 2.2 Changes:
- [New] Improved overall app stability.
- [New] Completely new preferences with dedicated tabs for each area.
- [New] Option for automatically sending outgoing call audio to the phone instead of the Mac.
- [New] Option for the incoming ring tone to be silenced between certain hours.
- [New] Call dialog button to transfer the audio between the Mac and phone.
- [Fixed] Resolved issue where contacts with only one name wouldn't appear.
- [Fixed] Resolved crash when a call history did not have an assoicated time.
- [Fixed] Resolved potential crash when recording a call.
- [Fixed] Resolved issue where it was possible that "Send Text Message" wouldn't be available after a computer sleep.
HandsFree 2 (com.tunabelly.handsfree2) is a Mac software application that has been discovered and submitted by users of Software.com.
The latest version that our users have reported running on their systems is HandsFree 2 2061. The most popular version of this application used by our users is HandsFree 2 2.2.
Operating System: Mac
Minimum OS version: 10.9
Copyright: Copyright (c) 2016 Tunabelly Software Inc. All rights reserved.