Beamer 3.0 beta!
Beamer 3.0 brings a completely redesigned user interface, a new icon, Chromecast support and more!
See what’s new on the Beamer 3.0 beta website.
Changes since beta 3
- Changed the queue back to a playlist (any movie can be selected to play, movies won’t move to history when skipped).
- Added option to automatically move played movies to history (so you can still use the playlist as a queue).
- Added option to replace the playlist when loading movies.
- Added option to select a default audio language.
- Added option to prefer surround sound when selecting audio.
- Improved automatic subtitle selection (also selects single tracks).
- Added option to automatically select subtitles with a certain language.
- Show what’s going to happen when dropping files (added to playlist, replacing playlist, adding subtitles, etc.)
- Added ‘Show in Finder’ to context menu.
- Animate the player background when going to the next/previous movie.
Changes since beta 2
- Improved color accuracy for movies using the bt709 color matrix.
- Detect more subtitle tracks in VOB files (will take slightly longer to load).
- Updated transcoding backend.
- Player hides and shrinks interactive elements when mouse is not over the window.
- Animate ‘Loading…’ and ‘Connecting…’ status.
- Show queue when adding multiple files.
- Prevent glitch when opening new window.
- Compatibility fixes for El Capitan.
- Fixed a crash when dragging a movie from a playlist to another window.
Changes since beta 1
- Fixed queue not showing the correct colors on El Capitan.
- Show ‘Connecting…’ and ‘Loading…’ device status for Apple TV/Chromecast.
- Updated About screen.
- Disable audio track selection when a movie has no audio tracks.
- Fixed device selection not always working when opening a new window.
- Fixed window showing empty for a split second before loading state.
- Fixed a bunch of crashes (thanks for the reports!)
Beamer (com.tupil.beamer) is a Mac software application that has been discovered and submitted by users of Software.com.
The latest version that our users have reported running on their systems is Beamer 30007. The most popular version of this application used by our users is Beamer 20022.
Minimum OS version: 10.6
Copyright: Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Tupil. All rights reserved.