If you are updating from Rivet 2.4 or 2.4.1 there is a problem in the updater. Please download from this link
and manually overwrite your current version.
- Many crash fixes from 2.6.5
- Network viewer disabled pending redesign
- "No titles found" fix
- 10.5 Thumbnails Fix
- Minor fixes
- 10.5 Startup fix (hopefully)
- Port number display option added to preferences, should always be on for Xbox360
- 10.5 Crash Fix
- Thumbnail engine crash fix
- Music preference playlist selection fix
- libcrypto crash fix
- Startup lock fix
- Enumeration crash fix
- Cynical Peak license file crash fix
- Xbox connection/port caching issue fix
- Video scrubbing, requires an update to device apps (iPhone/iPad) (Awaiting Apple Approval)
- New Thumbnail Engine
- Server Preferences now work on the iPhone/iPad
- See what is currently streaming feature
- Preference panels have been reorganised
- New menu icons
- Downloading of video codecs removed
- Numerous bug fixes
- Note: Cynical Peak license users may require a new TLAF license, these can be obtained from here. Any problems, contact support
- Fixed a bug to do with reopening the same video on iPhone/iPad
- Updated for newly launched Rivet for iPhone, now on the app store!
- Rivet for iPad now on the App Store
- Added higher quality setting for iPad, not much longer!
- Changes to support for iPhone/iPad
- Fixed memory leaks and improved stability
- Fixed a bug causing crashes when viewing photos
- Changed text for MKV files, note MKV files are not transcoded, this option only makes them visible to your console. It is dependent on what is inside the MKV container if it will play or not
- Fixed a bug for sharing podcasts
- Fixed a bug with the Check Now button for updates
- Fixed a bug with videos on Xbox
- Added an option to disable Music Transcoding for people with problems, off by default
- Added an option to enable MKV streaming for PS3
- Fixed a bug with MP3 on Xbox
- Added support for streaming to iPhone and iPad, iPhone app is awaiting Apple approval, iPad app is under development now!
- New connection system with diagnostics and self fix
- Music transcoding to listen to iTunes music on xbox
- New feedback and crash reporter framework
- Aperture 3 Support
- Numerous minor bug fixes
- Fixed activation issue on localized versions.
- Fixed updating issue.
- Fixed bug in Photos.
- Fixed bug in Registration Window.
- Updated the Sparkle to version 1.5.
- Changed registration system.
- Fixed bug with piping.
- Other minor changes...
- Added using the files thumbnail for custom images, see release blog post for more info.
- Added automatic clean-up of the thumbnail cache.
- Added smart sorting. The, A, and An are ignored when sorting movies and photos (xbox still sorts with them). Music is sorted by using the song's sort name metadata that can be set in iTunes.
- Improved photo viewing performance, especially when using Aperture.
- Improved parsing and start-up speed.
- Improved navigation for some devices.
- Reordered the top level listing.
- Fixed memory leaks.
- Fixed the issue where you could only add one photo path.
- Fixed preserving which playlists are selected between launches.
- Fixed a launch issue due to the computer name not being properly encoded.
- Fixed an issue that caused shared folders and photos to not appear and could lead to a crash.
- Fixed a build issue that prevented 2.2.2 from running on most user's Macs.
- Fix thumbnail generation compatibility on Snow Leopard.
- Fixed streaming of MP4 video files to the PS3.
- Fixed a bug that allowed file system loops to cause a hang.
- Added video thumbnails display (Xbox and PS3).
- Added music album art display (PS3 only).
- Added support for iPhoto Events.
- Added metadata support for the data and duration of movies.
- Improved loading speed of photo thumbnails.
- Improved parsing speed of media and libraries.
- Fixed display of accented characters.
- Fixed an index number issue.
- Fixed an issue that could cause an iPhoto folder to only display movies or photos, not both.
- Fixed an issue that could cause an Aperture folder to only display movies or photos, not both.
- Added Italian localization.Thanks to Andrea Bozzano.
- Added Spanish localization. Thanks to Juan Manuel Serón Luna.
- Cleaned up the French localization.
- Added a alias loop check for the folder parsing.
- Removed the ability to add / as a shared folder.
- Added a start-up check for / as a saved folder.This was causing the beachball hangs on launch.
- Fixed the root folder to not show Music when music sharing is off.
- Fixed a crash due to incorrect request counts.
- Fixed a number of return counts and totals.
- Fixed a UPnP issue that could arise from system sleep.
- Fixed a deadlock that could cause Rivet to lock-up during streaming.
- Fixed a crash that could occur during streaming of pictures.
- Fixed an issue that caused a crash when viewing pictures not at the "highest" setting.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when using the network service order.
- Added support for mt2s and vob files on the PS3
- Added French localization. Thanks to Eric Morand.
- Fixed ordering of playlists and albums on the PS3
- Fixed the display when showing only unplayed podcasts
- Fixed an Aperture parsing issue with projects
- Fixed the display of albums having more then one artist, like soundtracks
- Fixed an issue that could cause Rivet to not start its networking after waking from sleep
- Reworked UTI handling to improve media parsing
- Fixed an issue that caused picture quality to degrade when not viewing jpegs or jpegs at highest quality
- Fixed updating of playcounts for video podcasts and movies that are in iTunes
- Fixed memory leaks and various minor issues.
- Added PS3 support
- Fixed file size info for files larger than 4 GB
- Fixed Aperture parsing for nested folders
- Fixed folder parsing for folders nested more than 6 levels deep
- Increased the look-up speed of media, photo thumbnail loading to time out less often
- Fixed an issue that caused not all of the media to be shown when a folder contains folders and media
- Fixed an issue that caused the iTunes library parser to abort
- Removed the filtering of iTunes+ files since the PS3 correctly plays them
- Added support Added the ability to only display unplayed podcasts.
- The "Share checked songs only" option no longer requires the iTunes database to be reparsed.
- Better handling of disconnecting and reconnecting to the network when sleeping.
- The menu bar icon will no long flicker while viewing a video.
- The device description is now in memory and does not use a temp file.
- Fixed an issue with allocating a new port when the previous one is in use.
- Added support for Aperture.
- Fixed the silent quit issue.
- Fixed an issue with parsing iTunes libraries.
- Fixed an possible exception when parsing media
- Reworked the file handling.
- Added better support for video podcasts and TV Shows in iTunes.They will now be sorted into subfolders based on the show and season.
- Fixed memory leaks.
- Automatic media updating is now friendlier on your CPU.
- Compilation albums will now show up as one album and not a separate one for each artist.
- Transcoded pictures are now much friendlier to your hard drive.
- Changed the machine's IP discovery to work better with virtual machines and system preferences.
- Fixed the issue where iTunes movies would not be displayed if the share folders option was off.
- Fixed the red icon issue for some scenarios.
- Fixed displaying photos from a self managed iPhoto library.
- Fixed a crash that could occur while browsing photos.
- Fixed an issue that causes the broken pipe crash.
- Fixed an issue that caused a crash on launch if the Mac's name was not returned from the system.
- Fixed an issue that caused some video files to not appear when sharing a folder.
Rivet (com.thelittleappfactory.rivet) is a Mac software application that has been discovered and submitted by users of Software.com.
The latest version that our users have reported running on their systems is Rivet 2.7.1. The most popular version of this application used by our users is Rivet 2.4.
Operating System: Mac
Default Install Path: /Applications/Rivet.app
Minimum OS version: 10.5
Bundle Information: Rivet , (c)2010 The Little App Factory, Pty Ltd.