Effective: December 1, 2017
Software ("Software" or "us" or "we") is built on rigorous standards of security and privacy. Software participates in and has certified its compliance with the Privacy Shield Framework. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Framework, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce's Privacy Shield website.
1. Collection of Information
1.1. Information You Provide to Us
1.2. Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Service
When you access or use our Service, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log files: We gather certain information about your use of the Service, including the type and language of the browser you use, the type and version of your device's operating system, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and geographic area, and the page you visited before navigating to our Service, and store it in log files. We do not monitor or log data collected from your servers when using the Service, but we may log or monitor information about your access to our Service.
- Information collected by cookies and other tracking technologies: We use various common technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Service and your experience, see which areas and features of our Service are popular, and count visits. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Service or emails, and they help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see "Your Choices" below.
1.3. Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Service.
- Personal Information: For example, if you create or log into your Software account using your Google Apps credentials via single sign-on, we will have access to certain information such as your name and email address as authorized in your Google Apps profile settings. If you connect with Software accounts on third party social networking sites, we may also collect information about your social networking accounts, for example, your name, user name or handle, public profile, and email address.
- Customer Data: You may also electronically submit data or information owned by your organization ("Customer Data") to our Service. Software will not review, share, or distribute Customer Data without your approval or as may be required by law. Software may access Customer Data only for the purposes of providing the service, preventing or addressing service or technical problems, at a your request in connection with customer support matters, or as may be required by law.
2. Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Deliver: Provide, operate, and improve our Service, including internal operations and software updates
- Transact: Process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and invoices
- Support: Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, support/administrative messages and respond to your comments, questions, and requests to provide technical support and customer service
- Protect: Enforce our Terms and investigate and prevent fraudulent, unauthorized, and illegal activities to protect the rights and property of Software and others
- Communicate: Provide news and information about products, services, offers, promotions, contests, rewards, and events offered by Software and others that we think will be of interest to you, and to deliver entries and rewards
- Understand: Analyze trends, usage, and activities by combining your information with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service
- Personalize: Provide advertisements, content, or features that match your profiles or interests
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected
3. Disclosure of Information
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is permitted by, in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation, or legal process such as to comply with a subpoena
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of Software or others
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Software assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company
- Between and among Software and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership
- When information is aggregated or de-identified, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you
- With your consent or at your direction. We display personal testimonials of satisfied users on our site in addition to other endorsements. With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us using the information listed in the "Contact Us" section below.
5. Cross-Border Data Transfers
Software is based in the United States and the U.S. law governs the information we collect. By accessing or using the Service or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing, transfer, and storage of information in and to the U.S. and other countries, where you may not have the same rights and protections as you do under local law. With respect to personal data relating to residents of the European Economic Area ("EEA Data"), Software adheres to the Privacy Shield Principles outlined here. For purposes of enforcing compliance with the Framework, Software is subject to the investigative and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission.
Without limiting the above, Software adheres to the Principle of Accountability for Onward Transfer. As noted in "Disclosure of Information" above, we may transfer personal information (including EEA Data) to our vendors, consultants, and other service providers who need access to such EEA Data to carry out work on our behalf. Under certain circumstances, we may remain liable for the acts of those third-party service providers for their handling of EEA Data that we transfer to them. Under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose EEA Data in response to valid requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
EEA individuals have rights to access personal data about them, and to limit use and disclosure of their personal data. If you believe Software holds EEA Data about you, and wish to request access (or to limit use or disclosure) of such EEA Data, you can submit a written request to the point of contact listed in the "Contact Us" section below. If the requested EEA Data is Customer Data, please include the name of the applicable user in your request; we will refer the request to that user to respond directly to you and will support them as needed to respond to your request. We will respond to all requests within a reasonable timeframe.
Please direct any inquiries or complaints regarding our compliance with the Principles to the point of contact listed in the "Contact Us" section below. If Software does not resolve your complaint within 45 days, you may submit your complaint free of charge to our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider and designated Privacy Shield dispute resolution provider here. Under certain conditions specified by the Principles and more fully described on the Privacy Shield website, you may also be able to invoke binding arbitration to resolve your complaint through the Privacy Shield Panel.
6. Social Sharing and External Links
Our Service may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools, which let you share actions you take on our Service with other media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Our Service may contain links to other third party websites. Even if the third party is affiliated with Software through a business partnership or otherwise, we are not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave the Website to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personal information. This Privacy Statement applies solely to information collected by Software.
7. Your Choices
- Account information: Our users may access or update personal information they have provided by logging into the Service. Users may also deactivate their accounts by logging into the Service, but note that we may retain certain personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations or for legitimate business purposes, such as to resolve disputes or enforce our agreements. We may also retain cached or archived copies of personal information for a certain period of time.
- Cookies: Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Service.
- Promotional communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Software by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.